Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 9:06 PM
Seasons : Strange Routing
Did you see some strange routings in your game with Seasons and Custom Worlds ?

Running in the desert

My sim did something strange instead of to drive his bike and follow the road, he decide to choose a shortcut and run over the hills of Los Aniegos.

Is it good a choice ? Hmmm, I don't think because running is slower than bike.

It seems the walking interactions were improved because my sims don't wait in front of doors, stairs and elevators, I'm very happy .

But it's strange when the sims decide to ignore some road section and prefer to run in the desert.

Swimming for Go home

It's late, it's time to leave the club and go home.

My sim decide to go in the opposite direction and swim in the sea to home (O_o)

Several townies do the same thing.

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 9:21 PM
I've had the same thing, even when I had a pool party at the public pool - everyone started to glitch out and spin/twitch as they walked when a horse came onto the lot. When it left, everything went back to normal. o_o

There's that, and when my sim went to go move, one person went one way, and the other person went over a hill, past a river, and down to a road ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
One Minute Ninja'd
#3 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
I've had the same thing, even when I had a pool party at the public pool - everyone started to glitch out and spin/twitch as they walked when a horse came onto the lot. When it left, everything went back to normal. o_o

Well, it's not everyday that a horse shows up to a pool party.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 10:45 PM
My little boy sim went to visit an adult friend before school. He went there by bicycle. After a while he got school bus on his interaction queue, and *ran* back home to get on the bus. The friend's house was near the school! :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 4:42 AM
I used a custom world Queenstown that I downloaded from an external website. When I played it and have my sim go to the beach my sim just walk over the bushes instead of using the staircases so I had to put stones in between those small distance of the bushes to keep her from walking there =.=

http://www.kathflores.com
"Every color has its definition and that is what ART is...Defining who you are"
Forum Resident
#6 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 5:38 AM
The greeting cards that you get from the photo booth also cause routing issues. I had one on the wall on my Sim's master bedroom, next to the bed (it was high up on the wall, almost at the ceiling, and there was plenty of space for a Sim to fit, as she'd fit there several times before). Yet she couldn't get to that side of the bed, because of a routing failure. After I moved the greeting card, she was able to reach it.

The Overlord Legacy - Taking over the world one generation at a time.
The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 8:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by misslaheela
The greeting cards that you get from the photo booth also cause routing issues. I had one on the wall on my Sim's master bedroom, next to the bed (it was high up on the wall, almost at the ceiling, and there was plenty of space for a Sim to fit, as she'd fit there several times before). Yet she couldn't get to that side of the bed, because of a routing failure. After I moved the greeting card, she was able to reach it.

I've noticed that the greeting cards are glitchy, too, which makes me sad. But they create some real routing issues, and maybe worse (got an exception raised crash for which I'm not totally sure of the source, but greeting cards are on my list of potential sources, ugh).
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 1:59 PM
I still play in Los Aniegos, my sims is ill, he go to the hospital and I found a group of townies on the road.

Did they fail to go somewhere ?

Scholar
#9 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 5:35 PM
this thread it hilarious. ea, i think you need a patch...

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Test Subject
#10 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 3:21 PM
This has happened to me to!
One Minute Ninja'd
#11 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie
this thread it hilarious. ea, i think you need a patch...

Yeah, right. A patch from EA for routing errors. These are the same people who let horses use the subway in Bridgeport, only to get stuck, probably in the turnstile, and lag the game with routing failures. Swimming the long way to get home is pretty decent routing compared to that.

I'll hold out for one of our talented modders to come up with a fix before EA will.
Scholar
#12 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 4:19 PM
haha ive not played bridgeport since i first got late night and made a single sim to play around with the features. i hated the awful routing then, and ive not played since so had no idea horses used it! haha ea really know how to screw up sometimes

Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 1:03 PM
I didn't know the horses can use the subway
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
My little boy sim went to visit an adult friend before school. He went there by bicycle. After a while he got school bus on his interaction queue, and *ran* back home to get on the bus. The friend's house was near the school! :D

I´ve had that happen several times with my children and teens, but not with Seasons; it began with Supernatural. It is EXTREMELY annoying. The only solution I have found is to pause, enter cheatsenabled and delete the school bus before the kid runs back across town.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 1:45 PM
Eehm, this is considered strange routing or the sea just froze on Sunset Valley... Or the messiah just brought newspaper to me? O_O

Mad Poster
#16 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 2:28 PM
Here's a shot of that kid's grandfather who moved to Moonlight Falls a few years back.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Instructor
#17 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
Here's a shot of that kid's grandfather who moved to Moonlight Falls a few years back.

At least it seems to be genetic!

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 11:52 PM
On the home lot of my current sim family, to get to the road in front of the house if they are in the back garden, they choose to run the longer route around the house, through bushes and trees, rather than through the back door (which is right in front of them) and out of the front door. It is truly very frustrating.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 2:16 AM
I honestly have all of you beat:

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos...bipigkxlxb.mp4/

Run! Run for your dreams, little guy!

This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Instructor
#20 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 4:40 AM

Awesome! A sim that is lighter than air! LOL

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Scholar
#21 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 9:59 AM
that clip is hilarious. it reminds me of that thing where theyll randomly fall through the floor and walk upstairs again...

The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Instructor
#22 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 5:40 PM

I never knew there was a walking on air skill....

Fear is only in our minds ♡ Taking over all the time..❤
Mad Poster
#23 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by purexevil666
I never knew there was a walking on air skill....

To this day, I have no idea what he was skilling up. The boxes were blank. Maybe he's training to become a Dalek.

Instructor
#24 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 4:55 PM
These routing issues are just...wow. I keep having horses do the shimmy and then teleport inside my house, where they just stand around all confused because they're a horse and why are they in my house?

To this day, I have no idea what he was skilling up. The boxes were blank. Maybe he's training to become a Dalek.

You nuked him into oblivion, right? RIGHT? Because I'm pretty sure that's the only thing that'll kill a Dalek!

My sims blog
Currently playing: Katran Random Legacy
Field Researcher
#25 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 6:48 PM
Don't know if this is a routing issue, but one of my alien girls on Lunar lakes decided that fountains are swimmable too... and apparently she was right?!
Aliens powers!
Page 1 of 2