Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 2:23 PM
Default Korean Skin WIP (Based on Kim Hee-Sun)
Hello!
I'm working on my first skin and I'm just getting my bearings as I learn the process. I spent several hours looking for tutorials, but it turns out that with the Skinninator it's pretty straightforward.

At any rate, the skin is based on Kim hee-sun (as she's seen in a show called Heaven's Doctor (aka Faith). Here are some images to show you what I'm trying to achieve.

This is what I've gotten so far:

I need some help on the color range in the ramp, as well as some ideas for how to texture the image files. I would be grateful for any pointers/feedback you guys have for me! I've included the skin tone and ramp file in the attachments below in case you want to investigate for errors in your own game.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  SkinRamp.zip (4.42 MB, 54 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 12:58 PM
I've got an update for you before I leave for work:

Added some shadows & edited some detailing of the nose, lifted the lower eyelid and gave a more defined apendex thing. Still haven't been able to get the ramp right but I'm working on it. I want to add some more shadows underneath the eyes, but I don't want to get rid of the acent around them. Any thoughts on how to acheive the texture without making it look puffy?