Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 9:37 PM
Default WIP Hairs
Here I converted some hairstyles from Sims 1 to the Sims 3. I'm very nostalgic and I was happy when I converted them. What do you think?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 10:15 PM
They look exactly like Ts1 hairstyles, congratulations on converting them! The only thing that I can notice is that they are very angular and pixelated, which makes sense because Ts1 was basically shapeless and Ts3 is extremely detailled and 3D. If this is the look you're going for - Nice! But you might want to consider making new textures, alphas, and maybe something that looks a bit more detailled and might suit the sims 3 a little better.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 12:39 AM Last edited by Igivica125 : 3rd Aug 2014 at 1:00 AM.
Oh I'm very bad at texturing but I could give a try, and I used there original textures, because I wanted that they look very similar to the Sims 1. I will upload files of the hairs if somebody wants to help me with texture.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 2:57 PM
You could just try to use EA's Textures and make a good matching mask that still can use these purple and pink streaks if you want, just some highlighting. UV mapping in milkshape makes a great tool for that. If you don't know how, there are a lot of great turtorials on MTS!