Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 3:10 PM
Default Mesh wont Morph
Haaay
Im currently in the process of meshing a pair of bottoms for the sims 3, Ive managed to get the mesh ingame but when moving the body shape sliders it stays the same: The top waistline expands, as does the ankles, but my mesh wont budge for shizz!
Now I'm sure I read about this issue somewhere but after a heck of a lot of searching I couldnt find any awnser.
Thanks
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 3:18 PM
Vertex IDs. If you add points, merge meshes, use external 3d editors or whatever, you will lose the vertex IDs that the game uses to identify points to morph.

The only known way to keep IDs so far is to avoid deleting or adding points in milkshape, or use the blender import and export, which can handle added points, sort of, by using the ID of an adjacent vertex.

Something, something, something, Darkside
Alchemist
#3 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 3:33 PM
You CAN edit the VertexID values in MilkShape, make them anything you want. You use the same Extra Data editor as is used for the CC data for the hair.

However, I don't think anyone has studied what ranges of values are used in what sections of meshes.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.