Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 11:55 PM
Default Please read! Hey guys, i have a few ideas that should be relitivly straight forward to create, but i dont know what kind of modding this would be classified as so i dont know what tutorials to start with
Im sick of the childish innocent theme of the sims 3 and want to make the reality of my game more in tune with the reality of real life and the area i live in. Im new to this site and am less aware of the rules. if my idea is not supported here i will not upload it when i am finished but please let me know where to start because im sure i have alot of learning to do...

I want to create a drug dealer mod, but not as a career where i just enter a building and wait till im dismissed, i want to create an object that will be the product, which will be acquired either in buy/build mode or preferably through a phone call to a supplier but that may be to advanced for me to create.

Then for making the sales after the product has been acquired, i was thinking the greet interaction that causes your sim and another to shake hands could be used. The ideal set up after the mod is complete would be my sims being able to click another sim, then to have the option to sell that sims drugs, and that sim to have a 50% chance of accepting, if the gesture is accepted then me and that sims go through the greet interaction (labeled as "make sale" rather than "great") and i acquire some cash and loose some product.

I was also wondering if it is alright to use, or even possible to use, a piece of someone elses mod; like say an action that there mod has or an object? Because i have a mod installed that has objects that are drugs like coke and what not, but you can only view the object, it would be much easier if i could use these objects and add the features to put in inventory and "Sell to sim" rather then create a very similar object myself. Like i said, i do not have to upload my mod after; I just want to enrich my game...
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 2:57 AM
Most of what you want to do is script modding. We have a few tutorials on it in Tutorials:TS3 GeneralModdingwiki, but it's quite difficult to get into if you don't have any programming experience. You might want to do some general C# tutorials - there are thousands of them all over the internet - to get a bit more comfortable with it before you try modding.

On the other hand, making a custom career is much less hassle .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.