Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 10:02 PM
This is looking sooooooooooo good! I especially love the lighthouse and keeper's house.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 11:17 AM
All your buildings look so cute and built with so much love, dear KatyFernlily. I wish I could build like that or at least have the patience as you have! It all looks amazing and Hylewood is such great choice for this camping theme <3
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#79 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 1:29 AM
Thank you for your positive comments! It makes me feel happy and I appreciate your interest in this project!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#80 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 1:05 PM Last edited by KatyFernlily : 22nd Oct 2020 at 4:07 PM.
I have a question for those who want to download and play this world(savefile):
Do you all want me to include a list of custom content? The cc that I've used will NOT be included in the save file. I've been trying to gather up a list of items that I find essential to have the lots look like I had planned but I didn't realize just how much cc I am using. It's turning into a project that is larger then redoing Hylewood itself ... /sigh.

So please let me know how you feel about that. I mean, I don't mind either way.
Thanks again for your interest in this project!
Top Secret Researcher
#81 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 3:35 PM
I would appreciate it. If the odd plant is missing, that's not an issue. Major things would be good to know though. But I generally like to pick and choose what CC I eventually add to my game. I hope it's not too bad of a job.
I don't think it's necessary to list every single item but the sources you use most would be helpful. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 6:34 PM
Is it possible to support you with this task? It sounds cumbersome and you should not be punished for being so kind and wanting to share with us. I don't know how the process works. Is it possible to extract like perhaps all thumbnails or something like that, so everybody can have a look at it and help hunting down the stuff?
Mad Poster
#83 Old 23rd Oct 2020 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
I have a question for those who want to download and play this world(savefile):
Do you all want me to include a list of custom content? The cc that I've used will NOT be included in the save file. I've been trying to gather up a list of items that I find essential to have the lots look like I had planned but I didn't realize just how much cc I am using. It's turning into a project that is larger then redoing Hylewood itself ... /sigh.

So please let me know how you feel about that. I mean, I don't mind either way.

I have found this to be a major hindrance in my possibly ever uploading a world here. I have been redoing my Greek one, for example, and there is CC I know darn well I have used and when I looked at the world in Custard only a fraction of it showed up. I think the only thing we can do is a list as best as we can. At least for Hylewood there are not that many lots to look at, but for a large world, this would be a nightmare.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#84 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 1:32 AM
Hello!
I'm letting you all know that I've updated my first post to include a link to the Tumblr I've created for Hylewood Island! Thank you again for your interest in this project! It's been a lot of fun!
https://katyfernlily.tumblr.com/pos...hylewood-island
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#85 Old 27th Oct 2020 at 8:43 AM Last edited by KatyFernlily : 27th Oct 2020 at 1:25 PM.
The CC list is now available.
https://katyfernlily.tumblr.com/cclist
Mad Poster
#86 Old 27th Oct 2020 at 1:01 PM
The custom Content List is now available.

I am very tired so probably totally missing the boat here, but I am just getting a wiki and not a list of your CC.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#87 Old 27th Oct 2020 at 1:22 PM Last edited by KatyFernlily : 27th Oct 2020 at 1:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I am very tired so probably totally missing the boat here, but I am just getting a wiki and not a list of your CC.

Oops...sorry daisylee. - 'fixed' - I am horrible at the internet. This is my first time making a Tumblr
Any feedback is appreciated!
Field Researcher
#88 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 7:46 PM
Dear Katy, thank you so much for putting your world and hard work up for downloading. I will download it with the cc necessary to make the world look the best! Thanks to creators like you, I keep playing the sims 3.

Happy-Go-Lucky
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#89 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Manna2710
Dear Katy, thank you so much for putting your world and hard work up for downloading. I will download it with the cc necessary to make the world look the best! Thanks to creators like you, I keep playing the sims 3.

Aww...Thank you so much Manna2710...You have just made my day! I appreciate it very much!
I hope you enjoy playing in Hylewood and if you run into any problems, please let me know!

Credit and special thanks to Nilxis for allowing me to edit and share this beautiful world!
Mad Poster
#90 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 2:54 AM
Oops...sorry daisylee. - 'fixed' - I am horrible at the internet. This is my first time making a Tumblr
Any feedback is appreciated!

Is there a new link? I still get the same wiki from the old one.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#91 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 12:13 PM

or https://katyfernlily.tumblr.com/ and click on 'custom content list' on the side bar.
Mad Poster
#92 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 12:26 AM

or https://katyfernlily.tumblr.com/ and click on 'custom content list' on the side bar.

That works! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 8:37 PM
Thank you, Katy and Nilxis for this beautiful world! I've done a test run with loading the save without any CC. Unfortunately it didn't go well, the replacements didn't work in many cases and often doors or windows weren't replaced at all But I've planned to download the CC anyway, so that was more out of curiosity.
Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to play since then. But I'm wondering... have you already created households for the world? Is anyone interested in doing a nice little community for this sweet camper world? I think the lots deserve some unique characters... So I'm thinking if everyone shares one or two households to place in this world (perhaps without CC ) this would make the place even more enjoyable.

I'm thinking about the cliche old cat lady at the moment But we will see... as soon as I have time to play :sigh:
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#94 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 11:59 PM
I love your idea, Smyrrna!
I am thinking about trying to make a new save with no cc or change out the windows/doors for ea windows? Something to make it nicer for those that don't want the cc. I haven't had too much time lately to do much with the sims but once I figure out something I'll let you all know.
Thanks again for your interest!

Old cat lady
Old Fisherman?
Old Lighthouse keeper couple?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#95 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 11:14 PM
Hello All!
I started a base game version of Hylewood, Camper Obsession Edition.
The lots will be included in the sims3pack. I'm not sure how long this will take, maybe not too long...depends. I got several lots done today and they look quite nice, even a couple of the campers that I fixed up.
Thanks again for all your interest and support!
Katy
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 7:34 AM
Wow! Really, you do this? Now I'm really curious on how it will look like! Good luck!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#97 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 2:41 AM Last edited by KatyFernlily : 14th Nov 2020 at 3:40 AM.
Pics of base game Hylewood - Camper Obsession
Not sure if I can call this "base game" - I'm using all expansions - but there will be no custom/store content.
Sorry for not being more clear about that.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#98 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 12:11 PM
Looks great!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#99 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 4:24 PM
Hello!
The no custom content version of Hylewood Camping Obsession is now available! Woot!

Link is in the first post of the tumblr - https://katyfernlily.tumblr.com/

Lab Assistant
#100 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 9:39 PM
Wow! That was fast! I'm quite impressed and really looking forward to check it out! Which lot has the cat lady furnishing? ;-)
Page 4 of 4