Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#101 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 9:11 AM
Hmm, Arianwen... I'd suggest to try making a new project and then put your new graphics into it? Also make sure that you're not just changing the filename to bmp but that you're choosing bmp format to save.... the extension should change automatically.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 12:03 AM
Default Thank you!
Thanks so much for making this tutorial. It made it much easier than I thought it would be. I made a bunch of recolors to practice. I used Paint Shop Pro 8 and it was still very easy to follow. Just wanted to let you know how very appreciative I am.

Lab Assistant
#103 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 4:24 PM
it worked for me thanks

funney250 i makes homes for request so just ask
Test Subject
#104 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 5:26 PM
how do you get photoshop for free?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#105 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 12:11 AM
aquagirl who said photoshop is free? Gimp is free, paint.net is free. Go read the FAQ again.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Test Subject
#106 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 2:46 AM
Thanks for the tutorial!
Test Subject
#107 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 5:01 PM
Thankyou for this tutorial!
I've always wondered how to recolour things myself!
Test Subject
#108 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 8:09 PM
whenever i try to recolor (i have paintshop) if i set the dimensions to 1024X1024 it wont refresh or upload.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#109 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 9:02 PM
If your projects are not initially 1024x1024 you need to go fix your bodyshop.

Secondly, if you scale them up, you also need to scale up the alpha and normals/bumpmap file if it has one. That's why it won't 'go'. But you are losing clarity if you aren't getting the full sized graphics out to begin with.

This is in the faq, but under 'my bodyshop items are blurry' which if you put them into game at the smaller size, you'd see.

Instructions for fixing your bodyshop are here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...9603#post799603

Why this happens on some systems and what maxis was thinking, I do not know.

Test Subject
#110 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 11:02 PM
thx so much for this i actually understood the instructions ^-^
keep up the great work :P
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 1:39 PM
THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! Should have come here first!! I did a tutorial, but was worried because all the files are 3 megs, then I had no idea how to import it into my game finally figured that out. But couldn't find anything on where it was packaged and worried I was going to have an 18 meg package. I couldn't find it in downloads. What a headache. Lesson learned. So thank you again it's where it should be and only 242 kb's. Now to go test it out in game and see how bad it is. lol
Test Subject
#112 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 7:43 PM
Thank you so much! I was able to use this tutorial and follow every step, even using Corel Paint Shop Pro X instead of Photoshop. This was very helpful!
Test Subject
#113 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 8:51 PM
The only thing I can't accomplish is making clothes white without getting the textures erased.

Is that even possible?
Test Subject
#114 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 9:09 PM
I click on the "Refresh" button but nothing happends.Sorry for my bad english ( i am from Norway).
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#115 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 8:54 AM
[Auto-Response Bot] "I click on the Refresh button but nothing happends..." is not a valid error message. Please describe, in full what the problem is, when it occured, what you where doing at the time, and what you expected to happen.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#116 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 6:08 PM
Hello. This maybe sounds "stupid" but.... I have a 2004 Body Shop and i don't have any nice clothes.... how to get it? or how to get a 2005 body shop???

Quote:
Hello everyone! Don't quote! x)
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#117 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 8:13 AM
You should not use downloaded bodyshop - that's old and bad. Use the bodyshop that *comes with your game*

Test Subject
#118 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 6:41 PM
I followed all the instructions, and it showed up in the body shop preview ok, but then when I look at the item either in the game or when making a sim in body shop it is all smudged and grey with no definition. If I make an eye colour for example then the sim has no eyes, just smudged grey blobs.

Any ideas?

Thanks xx
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#119 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 11:40 PM
In the faq - my bodyshop items are blurry (usually they look okay in bodyshop because we don't zoom in as close) FAQ is in the stickies on the top of the forum

Test Subject
#120 Old 3rd May 2007 at 1:36 AM
THANK YOU!!!!!! I've always wanted to know how to do this!! THANK YOU

ORBITCARS!!!!
Test Subject
#121 Old 10th May 2007 at 4:57 PM
Is there a free photoshop?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#122 Old 11th May 2007 at 3:27 AM
I'm Not Ok - No, and please read the faq which is stickied at the top of the forums. It lists several options for editors and the tutorials available.

Test Subject
#123 Old 13th May 2007 at 12:43 AM
Default Thanks Heaps!!
Thanks soooo much for your help I would never ever be able to have figured this out by myself
Test Subject
#124 Old 14th May 2007 at 10:56 PM
my hue and saturation dont have coloration and when i click on color to get the thing open it doesnt show up and im using paint.net everything is smooth until hue & saturation
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#125 Old 15th May 2007 at 7:23 AM
scotty - you need to learn how to make those changes with whatever commands paint.net use - or better yet, try using the paint.net tutorials, at least as a start. Then you can try and follow along with these also to see if there are other ideas you can use.
The paint.net tutorials are linked in the FAQ in the sticky section top of the forum.

Page 5 of 15