Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 3:47 PM
Default Unimesh 1 - New Mesh Basics (Question & Answer Thread)
Tutorial Link:

This thread is for:

Discussion of problems, issues, and errors related to that tutorial, and that tutorial only. If you are having any meshing problems, issues, errors, or questions that do not directly relate to that tutorial then please post in the main Body Shop Meshing Forum instead!

Please also make sure to check the part at the end, "Having trouble?" before posting here - most common mistakes and errors are listed there.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 7:43 PM
fway - That's covered in the accessory-specific tutorials.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 1:53 AM Last edited by Dawn_ : 19th Sep 2008 at 5:19 AM.
Thank you HystericalParoxysm, this is a wonderful tutorial. I am a complete beginner with SimPE and Milkshape and I did this tutorial perfectly, without even a single hitch!

When I saw this tutorial I went right on towards the Milkshape and SimPE websites to acquire the programs, because I knew that you would do a thorough job explaining everything... I figured I'd give it a try, and, what do you know?!

I ended up tweaking parts of the dress and whatnot to see what I came up with. In the end result I found that the waist and hips were too narrow (that's what I get for not stopping where I was told to... ), and there were parts of the skirt that were a little "bubbly" looking, but overall... wonderful tutorial, wonderful, wonderful.

:D
Thank you so much for your hard work.

EDIT - I downloaded an item by Nvidia for making defaults, and now my files won't save as a new mesh? Should I uninstall it? :/
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 3:27 AM
I've already follow all the guides until the "Import Mesh files by unimesh plugin for milkshape"

This is the problem... I've download the milkshape and it's not registered so that I can't continue any project til I have the reg key. Too bad this tutorial doesn't give any alternative program than MilkShape. I've Autodesk 3DSMax but I don't know how to make it works with the mesh plugin

Any Clue, sir ?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 5:20 AM
Luchs, if you just downloaded MilkShape you have a 30 day free trial before it expires
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 5:14 PM Last edited by luchs : 19th Sep 2008 at 5:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Dawn_
Luchs, if you just downloaded MilkShape you have a 30 day free trial before it expires

I've download it just yesterday but still it said my MilkShape3D is a free trial so can't open any mesh files...

How to do then ?

here's the SS :

retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 5:32 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 19th Sep 2008 at 5:44 PM.
It'll give you that message until you register but you can still use it just the same as if it were registered until the registration period is up. Just click OK on that and proceed as normal. It will only lock you out after 30 days, in which case you'll need to register before it'll let you do anything.

Dawn_ - The nVidia DDS Utilities would have -nothing- to do with meshes in any way, shape, or form. Exactly what do you mean by "files won't save as a new mesh"?

Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 9:49 AM
@HystericalParoxysm

Sir, how do i proceed to next step while i can't importing any files ~__~ ? And if I click on that OK, the milkshape3d doesn't browse any mesh files, geez.... maybe this version (MilkShape3d 1.8.4) really needs a registration ?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 10:42 AM
luchs - It should still be a trial. If you're having trouble with it, try the Milkshape support forums.

#10 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 11:32 AM
i like the tutorial but im having a bit of trouble with simpe..whenever i try to link the package file and i press the 3dir and then plugins voew tab its blank(the box where information like the pic)..i have checked and i have the latest SimPE and i have reinstalled it a few times
#11 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 11:34 AM
if u can please help me..i dont think SimPE likes me much ..thanks in advance
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 11:43 AM
gamesharkakaflash@hotmail - Try resetting your SimPE. Extra menu - Preferences - SimPE Settings - Reset Layout. Beyond that I really don't know what would cause it - you'd want to try the SimPE support forums for help with it.

#13 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 11:58 AM
thanks for your help but i looked into simpe's offical website like you sed and i did it all again except i used the c drive instead of the d drive...maybe its because all the mods i have...noone will ever no

thanks heaps all i have to do know is thank you...but to figure out how
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 12:15 PM
Drive shouldn't matter. Mods shouldn't matter. You can ask questions on the SimPE forums.

#15 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 12:17 PM
jeeze man..wtf i dont need to ask the question..but seriously thanks a lot ube been good help
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 12:40 PM
Well, if you ask there you're a lot more likely to get an answer that will help you. There's folks on the SimPE forums who actually develop SimPE itself. I'm not big on the nuts and bolts techie bits so I really don't have any more suggestions.

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#17 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 12:51 PM
Though you're not likely to get very far unless your report consists of something a bit more technically informative than:

Quote:
i dont think SimPE likes me much

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 7:03 PM
Im not really sure if this is where i need to post this but i need some help with MS3d. I have been having an issue with it when i try to open up a 3d mesh in MS3D. For some reason unbeknownst to me there are blue lines all over the place and i cannot really tell what i am doing with it. That happened with the first mesh i tried to mess around with, the one from the tutorial and i tried to do a different one today and it just brings up the exact same mesh and those blue lines all over the place. Can you offer me some help so that i may fix this problem and resume learning?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 7:26 PM
keljo81 - http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...es_in_Milkshape

Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 6:49 PM
...You'll now get a popup saying "Now close your 3DIR resource, without committing, by opening a different resource. After that you can continue as normal. Remember to save." Click OK on this...

So do I save my 3DIR resource BEFORE or AFTER I open a different resource?

Thanks for all of your help, it's appreciated
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 7:01 PM
elizzle003 - Save afterward - it says to do that in the tutorial. That's part 4, step 4. Part 4, step 6 is to save (after step 5, verifying the linking).

Test Subject
#22 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
elizzle003 - Save afterward - it says to do that in the tutorial. That's part 4, step 4. Part 4, step 6 is to save (after step 5, verifying the linking).

thank you :D
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 4:55 PM Last edited by Aquarius61 : 16th Oct 2008 at 8:35 PM.
Thank you for this very useful tutorial.

I've tried to extract another package and, with the PJSE Mesh Tool, I had a message who tells me "Multiple meshes found (did you pick the right package?). Imporet resources for them all".

I said OK and then, after extracting several files, I had another message who said "Not all parts could be found for mesh: and a filename".

I had no problem to bring up fix integrity, give my mesh a name and save it as a package.

Then I opened the file in SavedSims and was surprised to see 57 3IDR files !

And here is my question :
If I select one or all 3IDR files to link, I have a message telling me "Could not use this package. Either zero or multiple CRES or SHPE resources were found".

What's the matter ?

Thank you
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 5:06 PM
Aquarius61 - What mesh were you trying to use as the base? That usually only happens for hair and accessories, which are a whole different can of worms from this.

Test Subject
#25 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 5:43 PM
A whole body (a skin)
Page 1 of 7