Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 9:23 PM
when I get to the part about tools-PJSE, i dont have any other option sunder there except refresh filetable. Anyone know how i can fix this or what Im doing wrong?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 1:20 AM
ok ok...so I downloaded the unimesh thingys: Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files! UniMeshPlugins.zip (394.2 KB, 63138 downloads) - View custom content
3993 05-12-07 23:47 UniMeshReadMe.txt
57344 05-12-07 23:01 msFixWgts.dll
77824 05-12-07 23:12 msObjXSplitExp.dll
86016 05-12-07 23:14 msObjXSplitImp.dll
49152 05-12-07 23:04 msS2MExp.dll
102400 05-12-07 23:05 msS2MImp.dll
69632 05-12-07 23:23 msS2UBT1.dll
53248 05-12-07 23:15 msSAB4.dll
65536 05-12-07 23:21 msSGp1.dll
53248 05-12-07 23:17 msShowBone2.dll
53248 05-12-07 23:18 msShowBone3.dll
53248 05-12-07 23:20 msShowBone4.dll
77824 05-12-07 23:02 msTS2AutoJoint.dll
73728 05-12-07 23:07 msTS2MakeSGrps.dll
53248 05-12-07 23:09 msTS2NDM.dll
53248 05-12-07 23:11 msTS2VDM.dll
53248 05-12-07 23:24 msUWBFlag.dll
-------- -------
1036185 17 files

UniMeshImporterV409A.zip (43.5 KB, 19958 downloads) - View custom content
102400 07-27-07 10:23 msS2MImp.dll
-------- -------
102400 1 file

And I downloaded the trial version of milkshape 1.8.4. Now what do I do? Please help...I want to mesh asap.
Forum Resident
#78 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 11:25 PM
I just finished your first tutorial & everything is perfect. I just recently got both SimPE & milkshake and I have to admit it's pretty scary looking at all these differnt functions but, to be sure I read thru your tut. several times before doing anything & it's slowly making sense. I wanna thank you for this patiently and exact put together tutorial. Excellent Job!
Test Subject
#79 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 11:09 AM
Hello, I have an issue... I am stuck on Part 3.
''2. Create a New File: File - New to create a new, empty file.''
I done what it asked for but I had this message pop up:
''This is not an appropriate context in which to use this tool''
Is SimPE Version 0.72.1.33855.
Sorry if there's a post about that and thank you.
Forum Resident
#80 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 6:55 PM
HP, I wanna thank you again for this tutorial. I forgot to ask you one thing though. In the first tutorial you mentioned, that this is only for maxis meshes. Question: where do I learn how to modify custom meshes for my own use of course. I've searched everywhere. Please I need help
Test Subject
#81 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 7:22 AM
Meshing with BodyShop 2. Ive been searching for hours for THE correct answer to this and if this is the wrong part in the forums that I am now posting. Forgive Me. Pls be patient with me.

I have a mesh download and I wish to load it to BodyShop 2. I dont where to start for the MESH to show up in BodyShop2 so I can re-texture/create a new look for a certain MESH.

All I want to know is how to load a MESH in BodyShop2
Test Subject
#82 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 7:23 AM
Default How to load a MESH in BodyShop 2
Meshing with BodyShop 2. Ive been searching for hours for THE correct answer to this and if this is the wrong part in the forums that I am now posting. Forgive Me. Pls be patient with me.

I have a mesh download and I wish to load it to BodyShop 2. I dont where to start for the MESH to show up in BodyShop2 so I can re-texture/create a new look for a certain MESH.

All I want to know is how to load a MESH in BodyShop2
Test Subject
#83 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 4:50 PM
First, thank you so much for the tutorial, its amazing ><!!!

ive folowed every instruction carefully, and I got good results =D!, but just with the tutorial mesh... I tried to do it with a different mesh and at the end, I get an invisible body!! just that D=!!! There's anyway I can fix it D=?

...........................Its 42
Test Subject
#84 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 8:04 PM
SimPe Error
Okay, Ive barley started the tutorial and its playing up.

Basicly, when I try to open the dress on SimPE ( part 3 step 5 in the tutorial), after I click on the file, it says to me, Unable to start ToolPlugin. Im sure I downloaded everything needed to run it, but it won't work.
PLEASE HELP!! Thanks!
Test Subject
#85 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 8:09 PM
Okay, basically, SimPE wont open my dress file. Im on part 3 step 5 and whenever I try to open the file, it says to me, Unable to Star ToolPlugin. Im sure Ive downloaded everything I need for it, but it won't work. Pleas Help!!! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 12:14 PM
I did everything right, (well everything turned out the same as yours) and a defiantly PASTED my package into my downloads folder, but when i go to body shop, the latest package showing in create - new - clothes - formal is the first version of the package that we created before we edited in milkshape this has happened twice, i tried it before, so i restarted my WHOLE thing why is it doing this?

♥ Glee ♥ Supernatural ♥ Sherlock ♥ Heroes ♥ THG ♥ Marina & The Diamonds ♥ Lana Del Rey ♥

Visit My Sims Blog - Legleeksims ♦
Test Subject
#87 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 6:08 PM
On Part 7.3 when I am supposed to replace the GMDC with the edited version I keep getting an error message after I allow it to reload. The message says something like this:

Error while trying to open
Package: C:/Users/My name/Desktop/Tutorial dress files/TutorialDress_Meshfile.package
File: Geometric Data Container- (A series of letters and numbers)

Any reason why?
Test Subject
#88 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 4:59 AM
Hey, I really loved this tutorial. It's very helpful and easy, but I'm having one problem. When trying to link both meshes, I'll first have open my original in my EA GAMES > Sims 2 > Saved Sims > Then My Tutorial Dress. Then when I go to link them, I'll go to my desktop and click my folder with my dress mesh in it, and it'll pop up and say "Could not use this package. Either zero or multiple CRES or SHPE recources were found. C: Users/Desktop/TutorialDressFiles/TutorialDress_MeshFile.package.

I'm sortof lost at this point, any help is appreciated. :D
Test Subject
#89 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 5:00 AM
Hey, I really loved this tutorial. It's very helpful and easy, but I'm having one problem. When trying to link both meshes, I'll first have open my original in my EA GAMES > Sims 2 > Saved Sims > Then My Tutorial Dress. Then when I go to link them, I'll go to my desktop and click my folder with my dress mesh in it, and it'll pop up and say "Could not use this package. Either zero or multiple CRES or SHPE recources were found. C: Users/Desktop/TutorialDressFiles/TutorialDress_MeshFile.package.

Field Researcher
#90 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 2:18 AM
Forgive me for resurrecting this thread, but I am unsure as to something: when downloading Milkshape, there are three listed on the page (aside from the most recent beta): MilkShape 3D 1.8.4 local download 1, MilkShape 3D 1.8.4 local download 2, and MilkShape 3D SDK. Which one is the right one to download? (I need to know as I downloaded the "local download 1" and so far it's not opening at all.) Thank you in advance for the answer!
Test Subject
#91 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 3:27 PM
Help! - problem replacing file
I followed the tutorial exactly and when it comes to replacing the GMDC after editing the mesh i get an error message that says SimPE cant open the file tutorialdress_meshfile and if i try to proceed i find that the mesh hasn't been replaced by the edited one . I checked that i was trying to replace the file with the correct thing and that i exported the mesh correctly from milkshape and can't seem to find a solution to my problem. Can you help???

thanks, violetatkinson27
Test Subject
#92 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 3:30 PM
I followed the tutorial exactly and when it comes to replacing the GMDC after editing the mesh i get an error message that says SimPE cant open the file tutorialdress_meshfile and if i try to proceed i find that the mesh hasn't been replaced by the edited one . I checked that i was trying to replace the file with the correct thing and that i exported the mesh correctly from milkshape and can't seem to find a solution to my problem. Can you help???

thanks, violetatkinson27
Test Subject
#93 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 11:37 PM
erm... I'm trying to link the mesh to the recolour file but the numbers don't change. And I have 7 files in the plug in view tab, not 8 or 6. I'm really quite confused.

Due to budget cuts the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.
"Join the dark side - We've got COOKIES!"
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them." - George Bush
And I could go on forever.
Test Subject
#94 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jamieemorgann

this is exactly whats happening to me. so im stuck at this point, part 4 4. anyone know the answer?
Test Subject
#95 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 1:09 AM
I've got the same issue as others and no one seems to have the answer. Still stuck on part 3. "Not all parts could be found for mesh:..." says my error after I try to extract the tutorial dress file. Anyone know what in the world my SimPE is doing or rather not doing?
Test Subject
#96 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 4:00 PM
Please forgive me but I've been stuck on Part 4> .2
Nothing shows up. I have a screenshot.

Sorry to bother you, Thanks in advance.
Mad Poster
#97 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 8:27 PM
Have you clicked the 3IDR so that it's highlighted? Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the stuff to show up in the right-hand pane.
Test Subject
#98 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
Have you clicked the 3IDR so that it's highlighted? Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the stuff to show up in the right-hand pane.

Yep. That and right clicked, double clicked it several times.
When I open the file it always is blank. No 3IDR file or anything.
Maybe it's the version I'm using? Well thanks for the help.
Mad Poster
#99 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 1:18 AM
Upon looking at your screenshot again, I think it may be as simple as not having all the required windows turned on. Go up to the "Window" menu and make sure "Resource Tree" and "Resource List" are clicked. It looks like your "Resource List" window isn't open.
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 9:00 PM
alright, i did every step, revised eveyrthing.
now, i finished with my mesh, had hte last part of SimPE come out right, but once i load up bodyshop and create a sim and head to teh clothing, it doesnt load, then crashes.
i've tried in-game also.
though, i did skip part 4 steps 7 & 8 (6 ?) because i thought it was unnecessary,
or was it necessary and thats what messed my bodyshop up ? /:

You want your female sims in style?
check out Val's Designs
You want your male sims in style?
check out Simmanly
Click em'! You won't be sorry ;]
Page 4 of 7