Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2020 at 3:05 AM Last edited by MurderPrincessK : 23rd Apr 2020 at 3:49 PM. Reason: SOLVED

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Edit in Game not loading-SOLVED
Hi,
I have been working on a custom world in CAW and would like to add lots in Game, but when I choose the Edit in Game command it opens Origin and does nothing else.
I am using the 1.69 compatible version of CAW and my game is patched to 1.69. Is this feature just broken? Do I need to have the game launcher open? I feel I'm missing something obvious, but can't find it.

Thanks for any help.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 15th Apr 2020 at 9:22 PM
It doesn't work if you have lots store and cc content. You can try removing those folders (place in safe place, don't delete) and then try. It's the only way I could get it to use eig and save. Of course, then, that content will not show up (what was removed, temporarily) once you are done and export your world. You'd still have to go back and redecorate your lots. It sucks.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 2:06 AM
So I tried removing my CC and deleting my caches, but it still just tries to open the Origin Launcher.
I also read people had problems with new base game versions but my base game is from the original release so that shouldn't be the problem either.
I really don't know whats going on, but it makes it hard to have a coherent world if you can't see the lots next to each other so you can paint between them.
Frustrating.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Alchemist
#4 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 4:32 PM
I read from Crinrict's site that even though caw was updated for 1.69, the EIG might still not work due its Origin tie-ins, no matter what the base game is. So that could be one possible reason.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 5:13 PM Last edited by thesims1depot : 16th Apr 2020 at 6:16 PM.
I vaguely recall from years ago that you couldn't run EIG with certain versions of the base game and had to rely on a workaround, one of them using SUPERCAW to open EIG instead:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/di...nt-edit-in-game
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...edit-world-help

Problem is that if this is the issue, I'm not sure if it was ever resolved. Maybe someone else will come along and post an update.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 6:16 AM
I hit EIG and the CAW render panel turns blue. Then Origin pops open. Then nothing. w/o cc my game with all EP's takes less than 5 minutes to load. I have waited for CAW to open for up to 30 minutes.

Things that I have tried to get EIG to work
  • Removed CC packages
  • Removed Store CC/DCCache
  • Downloaded and Installed Super CAW
  • Delted game caches/CAW caches
  • Tried EIG with Origin open/closed
  • Tried EIG with Game Launcher open/closed
  • Launched game and made a new save after removing all mods/cc/store content to create new caches

My game is original disc run circa 2009 and not the "Go Social" release.
My game is patched to 1.69 and my CAW version is for 1.69 (made the mistake of getting a couple of EP's from origin)

I'm starting to think I'm just SOL at this point, but any other suggestion would be helpful.
Thanks for the advice so far, unfortunately it just hasn't worked for me.
Screenshots

Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 10:27 AM
I've edited a world over the last couple years, (took me that long to get it just how I wanted it), and what I did was to just edit my lots in game. I did it gradually, going back and forth between CaW and the game. I just made notes of what I wanted to change, saved any lots that were good to go to the library, go back into CaW, fix all the things from my notes, etc. Re-export...look around again, go back fix more. It was a pain but I've not much else to do in my free time. And I now have a very cute world with only a few flaws that I might go back and work on one day. Kind of burned out on the Sims at the moment.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
I hit EIG and the CAW render panel turns blue. Then Origin pops open. Then nothing. w/o cc my game with all EP's takes less than 5 minutes to load. I have waited for CAW to open for up to 30 minutes.

• Removed CC packages
  • Launched game and made a new save after removing all mods/cc/store content to create new caches

My game is patched to 1.69 and my CAW version is for 1.69 (made the mistake of getting a couple of EP's from origin)

I'm starting to think I'm just SOL at this point, but any other suggestion would be helpful.
Thanks for the advice so far, unfortunately it just hasn't worked for me.

What happens if you create a new blank world in CAW and try launching EIG?

How much RAM do you have? The reason why I asked is that you said that it took 30 minutes for CAW to load.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thesims1depot
What happens if you create a new blank world in CAW and try launching EIG?

How much RAM do you have? The reason why I asked is that you said that it took 30 minutes for CAW to load.

No, no. Sorry I may have worded that wrong. I meant I have given CAW 30 minutes to load EIG. Just to see if it was doing anything and I was being impatient. I have 8 gigs of ram. I know sims is capped at 4 so I should be fine on that front.

Same thing happens with an empty CAW.

Field Researcher
#10 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 2:31 PM
Wow, I'm really at a loss.

I see that you did a lot of things to try and get EIG to load (including moving folders, installing SuperCAW, etc.). Did you by any chance try a completely fresh reinstall of CAW and Origin? Sorry to ask all of these questions but I want to make sure all the bases are covered and I didn't miss anything.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Apr 2020 at 2:39 AM
I did reinstall CAW. That was actually the first thing I tried.
I haven't reinstalled origin because I'm a bit afraid it will mess up my game and I don't have my discs with me right now. I can't get them either due to stay-at-home/social distancing. So I'm going to skip that step for now.

Thanks for trying to help

Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 3:57 PM Last edited by MurderPrincessK : 22nd Apr 2020 at 4:20 PM.
So I have discovered that not only will it not allow me to EIG, but it wont export my world.
I kinda want to slam my head into the wall now.

I tried a fresh download of Origin. Nada.

I think my only resource now is to roll back to 1.67 and leave off the few things I bought from Origin that made me have 1.69 in the first place.
Luckily I have a back up of that so I don't have to spend hours doing a reinstall.
Just have to back up 1.69 so I can switch back after.
Fingers crossed.

Alchemist
#13 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 10:48 AM
The export issue could be from a different reason. If there is too much stuff installed through the launcher, caw will react to it. That is why I have a different 'The Sims 3' folder when I'm creating worlds and in that folder I only have exactly what I need installed, unlike in the 'The Sims 3' folder I use for normal gameplay.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 3:48 PM
Just to let you all know I have FIXED IT!

It took more effort and time than I wanted it to, but hey I can now EIG.
Basically the problem seems to have been that I was working on a mixed installation of half disc/half Origin downloads.
I fixed it by installing everything from Origin instead of using my discs.
So now I have it up and working and I just have to start seeing how much CC I can use before it explodes again.
Thanks for all your replies. Hopefully this helps somebody else in the future.

Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 5:43 PM Last edited by rationalism : 25th Apr 2020 at 3:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK

• Removed CC packages

Thanks for the advice so far, unfortunately it just hasn't worked for mouse clicker me.

I just made notes of what I wanted to change, saved any lots that were good to go to the library, go back into CaW, fix all the things from my notes, etc. Re-export...look around again