Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 9:34 PM Last edited by A Bug : 30th Aug 2021 at 11:11 PM. Reason: I dont need help anymore :)

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default (NO LONGER NEED HELP) I would like to upgrade to different laptop...
No longer need help Turns out, any computer will do (Im a poor critic for quality, what can I say! ) Anyways, Im going to try to delete this post or at the very least, stop anymore comments. Thank you, and have a good rest of your year!

Alright, I would of put this in the computer forum, but its closed . Anyways, this is not an urgent matter, I would just generally like a new laptop, BUT one that can run Sims 3 smoothly (It can lag a little)* with ALL the Expansion packs and stuff packs, one that can run Create a Sim and Create A Style quickly (some what)**, and one that I can have the graphics up high (more on this in a second)***. I know all of this sounds like a high end laptop, but... I only want the GOOD, not the BEST.

My laptop is a HP 15 Notebook PC, that came out in (I think) in 2015 and I got (pretty sure) in said year. So its really old (To me).
Im not really sure where to find the specs in this dinosaur, but I think I found them(?):
Device name LAPTOP-SJ1IODME
Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N3050 @ 1.60GHz 1.60 GHz
Installed RAM 4.00 GB
Device ID 0A7E91FE-DD48-43A5-A8C0-7564F9391CC3
Product ID 00325-80708-28584-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
NOTES:
* Sims 3 used to run sooo smoothly on my current laptop, but since my computer has gotten older, its slowing down. The game used to only lag when I was in Isla Padiso (The world that came with Island Adventures) and when I had 3x speed on for awhile. Now I cant do anything without it lagging extremely bad.
** Since I have everything for the game, it will lag, I know this. But before I even got all of the packs, Create a style and create a sim lagged a bit. I'm not talkin it takes a minute for me when i click outwear for the outfit to show, I'm talkin it takes a good 5-10 minutes for shoes to load for sleepwear (which is only like 3 pairs). It take FOREVER to just MAKE a sim.
***Alight about the graphics thing. Since I got pets, 3-4 years back, I haven't been able to use them because the textures on them were just plain black, and i mean PITCH BLACK, I came to the conclusion it was my graphics card thingy.
****Also, forgot to metion that i have to deal with the black screen with a white line thing. AKA I have to clear cache files for the darn thing to even launch, and it only works SOME times, most times = not at all.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 10:54 PM
Oh, thank you! I guess I do have a tolerance for poor performance... (Geez, I really don't know much about computers! ). Alright, I'll just be on the look out for any computer a heck of a lot better for this one! Thanks a ton!