Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 8:53 PM
Default Show Us Your Shops, Businesses, and Community Lots
This used to be one of my favorite Sims 2 threads and I'm kinda curious about what kind of shops and businesses everyone has in their Sims 3 neighborhoods.

Here's one of mine, a small Cafe:

To reach the unreachable star.

Wilde Legacy

Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 3:02 AM
how do you even make a playable and active business?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 8:08 AM
I'm wondering about that too...
Instructor
#4 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 10:25 AM
You can download the buyable registers or use the WA one's which you can get from the rabbit-hole category of the build mode.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 1:49 PM Last edited by ll : 21st Jan 2010 at 2:06 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by layale_91
how do you even make a playable and active business?

I can make them usable, the playable part is debatable.

As Aya_Alexa mentioned I use the buyable registers. It works... as long as you don't plan to actively play with the sim you put in charge of the shop. Once you make a cash register sim active, he'll loose his "LocalMerchant" status and stops tending the register. The game will then assign another unemployed sim from your neighborhood to be the LocalMerchant.

I also use MelissaMel's Custom RabbitHoles, in order to enable the sim I assign to the cash register to own that business and rename it. (Edited to add: Also, this allows the business owners to receive weekly payments from their shops. Only fair since the cashiers can't have a job.)

Here's an example: the Moores own a Farm (View) with a vineyard and produce a lot of Nectar. They sell (View) it via the Nectar Register to their daughter Mya who owns a Nectary downtown (View). The Nectar gets added to the Nectar Register inventory and other sims can then taste and/or purchase it (View).

The Nectary in question

The Moore's Nectary Store (set to buyable nectar):

The Moore's Nectary Tasting Room in the basement (set to tasteable nectar)

Weird that there's only five sims in this picture, since it is, by far,
the most popular location in my neighborhood.

Wilde Legacy

Field Researcher
#6 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 2:38 PM
Cool! Will have to try that out sometime.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 2:29 PM
There's a new business in Bridgeton. Paul Walker (mechanic) decided it was time to start his own business and opened an Auto Repair Shop. The location isn't the best and the place is a bit run-down. But Paul is confident it will turn a profit... eventually.

Wilde Legacy

Theorist
#8 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 9:48 PM Last edited by tizerist : 21st Feb 2010 at 2:28 PM.
Heres my new Aquarium.
Its free, as all aquariums should be.

It has 30 breeds of aquatic creatures.
I left some floorspace empty for future custom aquariums.
I never had a decent one in TS2, so this will keep me smiling for ages.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 1:11 PM
My Museum:
The Top floor contains classrooms of various sort, and the two basement levels have some sort of Egyptian Exhibit. The four levels between all open below to the bottom floor and holds various art rooms and display stands (many of which are empty for the future)

Instructor
#10 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 2:29 AM
Wow! These are all so great! This was also my favorite picture thread with the Sims 2. I can't wait to see more and more businesses as things get more functional with new EPs.

ll, your cafe and winery look so real!

tizerist, do you have every fish in the game in your aquarium? I also think it would be great to see some stocked ponds and waterways.

SpacePirate, that museum looks so real! Great job! XD
Instructor
#11 Old 3rd May 2010 at 11:34 PM Last edited by fragglerocks : 3rd May 2010 at 11:44 PM.
Silly me forgot to check my messages for awhile and I just now realized they approved this thread for me. Then I abandoned it for over two weeks. Shame on me

SO I guess I'll start. I have alot of these buildings as I've bulldozed all of Sunset Valley and have been rebuilding the lots. I don't want to flood this thread yet so I'll just post what I've been working on most recently, and that's my school. I'm so proud so far, I just wish I knew how to make things, then I'd make some goalposts for my football field. Until then, my creativity only gets me so far. I'm open for ideas.

Just click on each thumbnail to view a larger photo. My favorite is the science room.

ETA: I just noticed I'm a lab assistant now! Wow! So who needs an assistant in their diabolical scheme to rule the world?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 8:13 PM
I built... An old CARNIVAL!! Its not finished, But I like it :p
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 2:19 PM

Unfortunately I lost the businesses above due to a corrupt neighborhood .
I was considering recreating them but got side-tracked building a new nightclub.

Blue Rose Nightclub

Wilde Legacy

Test Subject
#14 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 10:09 PM
where do you get all the cool items shown in these pictures
Field Researcher
#15 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 2:01 AM
Sweet! I'm loving the attention to detail in all of these posts. Pity the game can't centre more around such beautiful lots.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 10:34 AM
Quote:
where do you get all the cool items shown in these pictures

The items for the nightclub are mainly from ATS3 and Sims Lulamai.

Another pic

Wilde Legacy

Test Subject
#17 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ll
There's a new business in Bridgeton. Paul Walker (mechanic) decided it was time to start his own business and opened an Auto Repair Shop. The location isn't the best and the place is a bit run-down. But Paul is confident it will turn a profit... eventually.

Where did you get the items to build this place?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 8:16 PM
derek_pearce, I downloaded the lot and remodeled it somewhat. The items are from Elenka, murano and cyclonesue @ TSR and Einfach Simlisch.

Day Care Center

Sleeping Area

Eating Area

Reception

Wilde Legacy

Theorist
#19 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 1:10 PM
Woah, that daycare centre looks fabulous. There are some similarities to mine, which means I probably got it about right.

And ll, would you upload that nightclub pleeeeeeease? I appear to have most of your CC, so it should 'plop' without problems.

Good job all round, I will show some more of mine when I'm back in my building mode.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 6:08 PM
tizerist, I can't wait to see more pics from you!
The nightclub was built on a lot I downloaded from TSR and although I modified it almost beyond recognition (in fact, it's the same building as the art gallery bellow) I still don't feel comfortable uploading it.

Adams Art Gallery

Main Exhibitions:

"Remembering China"

"Life by the Sea"

Wilde Legacy

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 9:00 PM
Great buildings babolat85!

Tattoo Studio

Wilde Legacy

Forum Resident
#22 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 9:58 PM
Oh I am inlove with all these buisinesses!!!!. I take it you need to have expansion packs for these? When I finally get creative enough to build a house, i'll try on the buisnesses. People are just so talented, I'm jelouse!!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 8:45 PM
ll Your businesses are great, I'm so jealous!!! I saw your daycare a couple of last month in the Toddler thread or somewhere and when I saw it on here I was inspired t try and make my own. One thing I would like to know is how it works? Is it just a place for kkids to go play or can the adults actually leave their babies and toddlers there while they work? I wouldn't put t past you to make it work, Your business ideas are genious
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 10:19 AM
Lily__XD, I haven't yet figured out a way to make the daycare center work as I want. What I did was put a cash register on the lot and used Twallan's register mod to assign Kylie (the Daycare owner) to that register so that she shows up at the daycare center every day (I made the register invisible with this mod, so it doesn't look out of place). I used Twallan's master controller mod to make Kylie befriend every kid in town and then just invited them over to the daycare center. A very convoluted workaround, but I've yet to come up with a better method.

Psychiatrist Office

Reception and waiting room

Dr. Louisa Turner's office

Wilde Legacy

Mad Poster
#25 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 4:44 AM
II: your businesses are amazing, hopefully you will post more pics soon. Any chance you could take pics of the outside of your businesses? I would love to see what they look like.
The exterior is always the hardest, which is why I either don't do it, or do it boringly.

Midsomer Theatre:

There are a few more pics in my blog. The outside of the theatre still looks a bit dull. I would like to find something decorative to put onto the part that sticks out a bit, but so far have not found anything that would look good.
Page 1 of 4