Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 2:47 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Neighbor stuck in apartment
Neighbor are still stuck in his apartment, i mean he won't move or doing anything but i deleted him by MoveObjects but now he won't came back or no one buy his apartment.

Anyone have the same problem with this? There is way fix it?

Screenshot:

Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 3:22 AM
Have you tried saving and reloading your lot to see if that does anything? If so, and I'm not sure if this will work in such circumstances, but maybe try 'Fix Bad Apartment Residencies' through the FFS Lot Debugger if you have it. You could also try visiting him if you can.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 4:05 AM
Are you visiting him? Normally the inside of neighbors' apartments is not visible, so you can't see the sims standing around doing nothing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 11:39 AM
@CrystalFlame360, yes i saved game and it didn't work but i tried to fix bad apartment residencies and it work but then he is stuck again. :/

@kestrellyn Yes my sim visited him and i saw that he is stuck but he will always be stuck when he is not visible and no one visit him.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 1:19 PM
Playable sim or NPC? If he's playable, load him and see if he behaves. If it's a townie, let him die. That'll teach him.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Playable sim or NPC? If he's playable, load him and see if he behaves. If it's a townie, let him die. That'll teach him.

He is not NPC but he is neighbor where he live in apartment.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 4:27 PM
I mean, the game doesn't actually simulate them wandering around when you're not visiting him, so he's not really "stuck". When you visit him can you not interact with him at all? I'm kind of confused.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 8:12 PM
Do not moveobject-delete neighbours in apartments, it breaks their tenancy. Is it still his name on the flat's door ?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Sep 2021 at 2:11 AM
@kestrellyn Yes i can't interact him when i visited him.

@Lili975 ok but he is back by calling him invite as houseguest and he came back to his apartment but he is stuck again, idk why.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 22nd Sep 2021 at 5:35 AM
You can only invite tourists and locals as houseguests, possibly something got messed up if the game generated a tourist as an apartment neighbor?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Sep 2021 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
You can only invite tourists and locals as houseguests, possibly something got messed up if the game generated a tourist as an apartment neighbor?

I don't know

Btw, nobody help or don't know how to fix... so I'm disappointed.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 22nd Sep 2021 at 8:36 PM
We're trying to help, but first we have to understand what the problem actually is, and for that we need more information, which you seem to be having trouble making clear to us. This is nobody's fault. People who aren't part of the specialized fan culture and/or haven't been playing long often have trouble knowing what information to share, how to obtain it, and the best terms to use when sharing it. So let's be systematic about this.

What happens in a vanilla game is that a single townie of the type known as a "social group townie" moves into each apartment not occupied by playables. Social group townies, unless special steps are taken to change this, are pregens who come with Apartment Life and are divided into social groups with distinctive gestures and outfits. Do you have any mods which are intended to change the type of townie who moves in? Have you taken any steps to suppress or change the standard social group townies available to the game? What is this sim's name?

What happens in a properly-functioning apartment is that these townie neighbors move into their apartments; where, if the player looks at them, they will be standing still in the middle of the front room. So that's happening. If a playable visits, however, they should be interactable, which you say is not happening.

Neighbors should also come out of their apartments periodically, in order to walk off the lot to go to work or run errands, or to hang out in the apartment's common area interacting with any objects in the area and with their playable and unplayable neighbors. If a playable unlocks the door to their apartment, neighbors may also wander in and make themselves at home. One of the glitches that was never patched, and for which I am not aware of a fix, is that some apartments will be constantly invaded by neighbors treating the apartment as common area, to the point of being a nuisance, and re-locking the door does not always keep them out. Does this neighbor exhibit any of these behaviors?

A common apartment glitch is for a neighbor to get stuck outside and fall asleep, apparently permanently. Has this ever happened on this apartment lot, and did it happen to the neighbor you're concerned about?

Do you have any means of finding out what Household this sim belongs to? Though playables belong only to the Household they live in (which may have the same name as other households), Townies and NPCs are grouped into Households for programming purposes, which they retain even when living apparently on their own in apartments or dorms. PC users can look up a townie's Household name directly in the game data using a program called SimPE. The Simlogical Teleporter organizes the sims it can summon by Household, so it's possible to find out which Household a townie belongs to by the tedious process of choosing each household separately on the teleporter and scanning for the name, then summoning the townie to confirm the identity. There may be other ways that I don't know about or am forgetting. Most Household names are arbitrary, but some would give us more information as they are normally assigned to families of Tourists, are a convenience household for grouping together stray pets or sims who do not normally appear in the game (such as the universal sims and dead playables), or are simply how pregenerated townies and NPCs were originally grouped. These household names may differ depending on the default language of the software you're using, so if your setup doesn't use US English let us know that, too.

The more of the right kind of information we have, the better we can grasp the problem and the more likely it will be that we can help you to help yourself. At the end of the day, only you can troubleshoot your game, but we're willing to help you learn to do that.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Sep 2021 at 9:52 PM
@Peni Griffin, I see but i hope we will solve this problem as soon as possible if i found solution and we will help others in the future.

Other thing, when my sim visited neighbor and i saw their needs are very low and red because they're stuck, that's why i said they won't move or doing anything.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 22nd Sep 2021 at 10:22 PM
Sounds like maybe the apartment controller got deleted. Move the sim out and back in again.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Sep 2021 at 11:47 PM Last edited by Alex5 : 23rd Sep 2021 at 12:36 AM.
After taking unlimited roommate mod out but it don't work and he is still stuck but when i interact him but there is no option, like talk or hug..etc but he is kind like NPC for me, anyway, sorry i forget to mentioned something, other neighbors are fine and no stuck.

Edit: after taking all cc out but not only unlimited roommate but when i interact sim-neighbor and there are no actions available and he is still stuck, anyway, i don't see glitch in my main hood but i'm playing Emerald Heights, though.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 23rd Sep 2021 at 1:59 AM
Did you try moving the sim out and back in again?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Sep 2021 at 12:52 PM
I found what cause stuck when i make selectable him and i close action and he is back to normal and move.

It looks like book green cause sims stuck but i can say that he will stuck if book green return again after close action and unselectable him.

There is way fix book green?

Here is screenshot:

Mad Poster
#18 Old 23rd Sep 2021 at 3:13 PM
The phrase "book green" is meaningless in this context and your picture is just a black square.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Sep 2021 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The phrase "book green" is meaningless in this context and your picture is just a black square.

Ah sorry but full picture is here:

Scholar
#20 Old 23rd Sep 2021 at 6:37 PM
Maybe temporarily remove all CC from your Downloads/My Documents file and start up the game ?
Try to move the sim out.

I haven't used the "Unlimited roommate" mod.
There's some other good advice you can try in the above posts.

" Inama Nushif "
Scholar
#21 Old 23rd Sep 2021 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alex5
@kestrellyn Yes i can't interact him when i visited him.

@Lili975 ok but he is back by calling him invite as houseguest and he came back to his apartment but he is stuck again, idk why.

Maybe invite him over and get to be his BFF and ask him to move in with you ?
Then have him move out via newspaper ?

" Inama Nushif "
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 23rd Sep 2021 at 7:58 PM
@Tleilaxu3

I did take all cc out of my game last night but it don't work and it was still stuck but now he's back to normal and move after i cancelled action left top and looks like book green which it caused stuck him, you can see screenshot but i don't think he will stuck again if book green return to action.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Sep 2021 at 2:31 AM
After testing, Finally i found something what cause for sims stuck in apartment.

Sims was stuck caused by interactions, make selectable and unselectable them and say goodbye and then neighbors return to their apartment and will stuck.

Be careful about these interactions and don't use it or neighbors will be stuck again.

Problem is solved!