Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#51 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetsweetie85
Nice apartment buildings lol. Great update.

thanks sweets =] downloaded them in MTS2
Advertisement
Original Poster
#52 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 5:47 AM
Default Chapter 9
Chapter 9
Things are going way too fast

Inside the apartment the new furniture my dad ordered was here, and it was all set up, apparently my mom and Alex have been planning this without telling me for a while.
Living room and Dining room are gorgeous, expensive couches expensive TV fancy chandelier.

This building had it’s own bowling alley upstairs, the place is crazy.

Well it’s time to unpack because if I’m correct I have summer school tomorrow morning, oh boy, gosh my room looks amazing! I never grew up living with such luxuries.

Tomorrow morning I have summer school, Kate wrote in her diary, and I have no idea what to expect. I’m worried people will mock or tease me in any way, I’m so afraid of being embarrassed in front of my class room or in front of a huge crowd of kids.

She closes her Diary and says to herself
Kate- “Oh god, please let me make it through” she sighs and goes to bed.

Tatiana- “Wake up wake up!” Tatiana starts flickering the lights of Kate’s room.
Kate- “Ow mom! That’s annoying stop it, I’m getting up! I’m getting up!”
Tatiana- “C’mon c’mon c’mooon… you don’t wanna be late for school”

Kate felt her stomach twist and turn with every step she made. Her hands were trembling when she was eating breakfast, she has never felt so nervous in her so called life.

Kate- “uh.. Um.. H-hello! Stop here!” she waved at the school bus

The bus stopped in front of her, Katerina took a deep breath and walked in. Her mind was racing, her palms were sweaty and she had shortness of breath, the morning sun burned her eyes, she was about to pass out, but she tried to keep herself awake and aware.

Here I am, in front of a Abraham Lincoln High School. It doesn’t look like too many people are coming in, well its summer school after all.

Katerina snapped herself back into reality and checked what classes she had. English Math and… Gym? which were all 40 minutes long.
Kate- “Great, my mom picked my weaknesses, but why do I need gym for?”
She walked around trying to force a smile on her face while looking for her English class.
Kate- “God how do these people expect a new comer to find their class”

Kate- “Alright.. Here is it, English”
She took in a deep breath, closed her eyes and let her breath back out. She was frozen, she was looking at the handle of the door but couldn’t make herself touch it. Kate thought to herself, should I just skip class and pretend I’ve been going? Should I run away right now and tell my mom I can’t live in this place? Should I stay here and be mocked by other kids?

Kate- “No!” she said, Kate decided to go through with it and just suck it up, so she opened the door and quickly picked out a table, without looking at anyone in the eye, she sat down.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 5:55 AM
I love it Kate looks so bored! Like just kill me!

great update hun as always :D
Field Researcher
#54 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 7:40 AM
Lol i agree with kyle. she looks about ready to die. Great update.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 4:18 AM
I hope this updates soon :D
Original Poster
#56 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 1:44 AM
Default Chapter 10
Sorry guys i didn't get to write for so long, not too many people read my story but this is for the few who do lol. I almost broke up with my bf so i've been stressing out about that for a while.
So, with advice from Kyle i wrote this chapter and decided to keep going. Enjoy! =] Thanks for the comments! they motivate me to keep writing ^.^

Chapter 10
People are so different

There were already three people in the classroom, Katerina started feeling better and more comfortable but she heard whispers from girls behind her.

“Who is she..?”
“What in the world is she wearing?”
“She must be really poor”
“She has absolutely no makeup on”

Katerina got that sinking feeling again and she thought to herself.
What am I wearing? I never cared about the clothes I wear, what’s wrong with my clothes? They are just clothes.
And she felt even worse about the way she looked when a really pretty girl came into the classroom, she was tall, slim, her cheeks were pink, her eyelashes were long and her clothes were colorful and pretty. The girl sat behind her.

Teacher- “Alright I guess it’s time to start! Attention everyone! I’m going to call attendance. Destry wade…” No one raised their hand “Felicia Peterson… Mia thesa… Michael Leroux…”

Katerina was shocked by how many people wouldn’t attend something as important as school. She was raised strictly to praise school and that the teacher is always right.

Teacher- “These kids don’t give a dam about their futures” he whispered “Todd Thomason!”
Todd- “Here!”
Teacher- “Castro Derech… Willow Danaher”
Willow- “Here”
Teacher- “Katerina Smirnova!”

Kate almost jumped and she said “Here” she was angry at herself for not stopping her voice from trembling, that was bad sign of weakness to the students here and her self esteem was already hurt by the girls.

Teacher- “Jin Zeng”
Jin- “Here”
Katerina turned around sideways to see who this Jin person was.

Wow, so her name is Jin, god what I would do to look pretty like that, her clothes probably cost her a fortune.
Teacher- “Sophie Grundstrom”
Sophie- “Here”
Teacher- “Alright kids I’m Mr. John, this summer you will have to learn how to write research papers and how to analyze books, you are stuck with me now and you better behave. No talking in class! No chewing gum and absolutely no cellphones!”

Kates eyes widened at the anger of this professor, seemed as if he had bad experience with teens. Ah.. cellphones, I don’t think I’ve seen one before, when I lived with my grandma we only had a house phone where we had to spin a circle to dial a number and I’m already impressed by the modern cordless phones we have in our apartment now.

Mr. John- “So this is the book that we are going to be reading, it’s called the scarlet letter”
Students all at once except Kate
“aaawww…”
Willow- “C’mon that book is hard”

The teacher gave Willow a very angry look and he continued with his lesson.

Katerina was obedient in the class, she raised her hand for questions raised it for answers and always answered in a mannered way, yet the people in class kept talking amongst each other.

The bell rang

Katerina slowly gets up and checks what is next on her list, Math and that was her weakest point yet, she is dumb as a log when it comes to math.

Jin- “Hey… you’re Katerina right?”
Kate was startled that a girl such as Jin would talk to her, she had a slight Chinese accent and the way she spoke was quick with small odd pauses in between words.

Kate- “Yea hi, Jin right?”
Jin- “Yea nice to meet ya, listen what are you doing sitting up front? Sit with us, me and my friend here Willow”
Willow looks at Kate from head to toe a couple of times.
Willow- “Girl where do you buy your clothes” she chuckled

Jin- “Oh don’t be mean!”
Some of the clothing Katerina has was bought when she still lived with her grandmother, but she never cared about material things before, until now.
Jin- “What’s your next class?”
Kate- “Um.. Math”
Jin- “Oh awesome me too we have a ten minute break before math let’s chill outside”
Kate- “Chill? it's chilly outside? when i came it was hot”

Jin chuckles
Jin- “Chill means to hang out, ya know?”

The girls walked outside and sat on a bench in front of the basketball court.
Willow- “I’ve never seen you before, are you new?”

Kate replies in a shy manner “Yea I am..”
Jin- “Hehe, I remember when I was new.. guys wouldn’t leave me alone”
The two girls laughed.
Jin- “So what kind of guys do you like Katerina?”
Kate- “Umm.. Hehe I never really thought about that”
Jin- “I see, so where are you from? Your a bit dark skinned but yet u look a bit European”
Katerina smiles
Kate- “Yes… well I was born in Simrus but I lived my whole life in Simdor and I love it there, its warm and exotic. ”
Jin- “Yea I know where that is, I have a friend who is from Simdor”
Willow- “I dated a guy from Simrus”
Kate- “Wow are there a lot of people like that who come from those countries?” Katerina responded in excitement.

Willow- “Yup, we have a huge diversity of people”

We spent ten minutes just talking and I finally started feeling better and then I got the courage to ask about what happened in class before.

Kate- “Uh, willow? When I came into class I heard you and some other person saying mean stuff about what I look like”

Willow- “Well the most mean stuff was said by Sophie but don’t listen to her, we were just curious about you”
Jin- “Um… guys, we are gonna be late for math class, ugh.. God I hate math”
Kate- “Me too!” Katerina said excitedly and happily ran with her new friends to math class.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 3:18 AM
Shquee! :D

No problem I'm always here if you need my help *hugs*

great update hun :D
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 6:37 AM
Kate's doing better than me when I start a first day at a new school.
Hey, at least people talk to you!
Field Researcher
#59 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 7:10 AM
Glad you updated, sorry to hear about your bf troubles. Im really glad Katerina made some friends her first day. Looking forward to more :D
Original Poster
#60 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by decoyenderek
Kate's doing better than me when I start a first day at a new school.
Hey, at least people talk to you!

My first day of junior high school was pretty bad too.. not only no one talked to me i didn't even know english 6 years ago lol
Original Poster
#61 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetsweetie85
Glad you updated, sorry to hear about your bf troubles. Im really glad Katerina made some friends her first day. Looking forward to more :D

Thanks it was a misunderstanding... from his part lol i was innocent!
Yep she did =] next chapter is gonna be hilarious you'll see
#62 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 5:26 PM
I rather like this story ^_^

haha Kyle, looks like I'm not the only one that seeks advice from you :D
Theorist
#63 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 5:32 PM
Interesting story so far! It sucks for Katerina with how she has to move so much! She's pretty by the way.
Page 3 of 3