Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 12:38 AM Last edited by silkrose8378 : 18th Nov 2006 at 12:41 AM. Reason: adding a new pic
Default What is wrog with my house!?!??!
I have uploaded it and it was rejected! I think its nice.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 12:39 AM
Im not very good at pictures in the game..even though ive taken them before..im starting to wonder if they are rejecting just becasue its me
Instructor
#3 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 12:44 AM
No, they would never do that, your lots a little boring add some gardening to it, what exactly did they say in the PM?
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#4 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 1:22 AM
You have to include pictures that show the house's floorplan (overhead shots of each floor), and you should also include information about the lot size and price. Did you do all of that?

There's always money in the banana stand.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 2:30 AM
Do tell us the 'why' of rejection ... and none of this 'woe me' paranoia stuff. That is not only untrue, but very insulting to the dedicated building inspectors.

The overall shape is interesting, and the sense I get of the room layout seems to work.

I can't make sense of how the first screen shot relates to the building that I see in the other screen shots. The upstairs exterior paint job that we see in the 3rd & 4th shots is not very pleasing. You have used a left sided wall for the whole thing. Either use the plain wall for the whole thing, or logically sequence left-middle-right.

The raw edged roof does not work. Ailias, http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=16333, has some nice roof edgers that work nicely for modern homes. You might also consider trying some other roofing tiles to get a more dynamic looking roof. As others have mentioned, a stronger landscaping plan would benefit the look.

When you take the pics, selecting to take 'large' rather than medium shots would give people a better look at your creation. Also if you go into design mode (that is the little fabric swatch icon that allows you to select recolor options), the grid disappears. That makes for much nice looking pics.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 3:57 PM
ok...the Pm said that it was interesting but i need to use this to get feed back..thats it. I dont understand the left wall thing. I only have one wall tool.... I do see that my pictures are reather dark. I do have landscape but i was told to make them close and when I do it takes my landscape out of view. Plus Im worried it will be to much. I have only done this 2 times..so im new. Is there any good pictures i cn go by??
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 4:43 PM
The best pictures to use as examples, in my opinion, are with the featured lots. These guys really know how to showcase a lot. As for the left-handed wall, I think she meant the paint applied to the exterior that you can see in screenshots three and four. The white brick with a tan edge running up the left side. There are two paints that go wtih that one, one is the white with tan running up the right side, and the other is plain. (I'd jump into the game and check, but my computer hates me right now.)

“Meddle not in the affairs of the dragon; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.”
-unknown
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 1:11 AM
yes also label you pics or some thing so we know whether we are looking from front or back and give a discription of the types and size of rooms and the style of the house
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#9 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 3:00 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 19th Nov 2006 at 9:21 AM.
For me (in addition to some confusion on what the pic views are)

Here is this house with an interesting shape, plopped on top of this oddly square deck... with no rhyme or reason to it. The deck in the front? of the house with 2 potted plants on it... Most of that deck (if not all of it) could just be removed. Or make it an interesting inviting shape that follows some of the lines of the house. If there isn't enough room for chairs or plants or whatever, why have it?

The other part of the deck, which I assume is the back, again, it's so square, it doesn't fit the house, and while the house is furnished, the deck is barren, with a little walkway connecting the two parts of it.

I also can't tell what you used for the deck floor, but it doesn't look like a deck. how about white wood planks or gray? And make the walls going up to it match the house. Speaking of matching, the house doors don't match the rest of the look, it's weird to suddenly get the wood there when there's none around the windows. The roofing also seems an odd color for the modern style of the house, again, I'd try a gray or white.

On the inside of the house on some of the walls that have the huge windows, you chose wallpaper that looks like it has a border on the top - and that ruins the lines and looks wrong - no one would paint or paper the wall and then go and add 3 ft pieces of border between the windows, that sort of treatment is used to make boring walls interesting. These are not boring. The paintings on the walls between the windows also are a bit overpowering.

Where it's a window and where it's a wall is also a bit haphazard. If you're going to alternate, it should be the same way everywhere. Or maybe simply make some sections glass walls and some all solid, and try to tie the pattern for what is glass and what is solid somehow together on the two stories of the house.

The house itself has an interesting design. I'd go for the glass/silver/gray/white look - which is what it mostly looks like now, and make the windows, doors, stairs, railings, all match with that theme, or glass and wood look and do more of the colors all natural - but that would include the window frames and so on.

The house is very interesting and nice, but it just doesn't feel consistent enough.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 4:55 PM
If the pics you show are those you upload, a plan view lacks here for the approval, yes one ugly vertical view of each usable level ! But all the previous remark are very good

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 3:17 AM
thanks guys and galls..i think i understand.but im still confused on the window thing. When is it enough??im worried that ill add to much. Also..the windows i have there are neutral metal i think..i couldnt find any wooden ones
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#12 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 7:42 AM
In terms of the windows.... make the frames match on the doors and windows. If you like the silver windows (that look is fine, I like it) go with the silver/white theme and find white or silver door frames (and leave the outside walls white). Then make the other parts outside gray/white also.

In terms of the layout of the windows, just do something a bit more consistant. Don't have part of the house with wall-window-wall-window-wall-window and then other parts with window-window-window-wall-wall-wall. I think you should get rid of the 'every other' pattern, it's very visually disruptive, and make some sections (like the bay shaped areas) all window, and make some other sections all wall. And try to make the same pattern vertically if you can.

Like this house - while the shape of the house is irregular, the windows for the most part are stacked vertically, and some parts are left as wall, which brings things together visually. http://www.dreamhomedesignusa.com/j...raft_trees_.jpg

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Locked thread | Locked by: lewjen Reason: Useful info inside - do not delete