Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 8:54 PM Last edited by Turtlestork : 4th Sep 2007 at 11:55 PM.
Default Paramore Shirt + Poster Pack
Ok, I've submitted this pack twice and both times I got overall poor quality which I think is pretty low seeing as that gives me nothing to improve on! So, below are some pictures of my creations for this pack, and these are the pics I submitted to the upload manager. What is wrong with them? This is EXACTLY what I submitted to the thing, description and all, below:

-Like Paramore Riot Pack-

This is my first upload, the Like Paramore? Riot! Pack. It is one of my new series I plan on doing that will include many Rock stuff from my, and your favorite bands. This pack includes 8 different shirt designs. Their is 2 Adult Female and 2 Adult Male Shirts along with 2 Teen Female and 2 Teen Male shirts. The Adult shirts also will fit Young Adults, and you must download the Young Adult Male shirt for your Young Adults to be complete.

I am not sure which expansion packs this requires, or doesn't require, but the ones I have are University, Nightlife, Pets, and Open for Business.

-Paramore Guys Shirts-

Below are all the Paramore Guys' shirts. From Left to Right: Adult Male, Adult Male, Teen Male, Teen Male.

The First one is a Green Tank top with Paramore written on the front over a ever-so-slightly edited version of fanseelamb's Long, Black Tee Shirt for untucking. The Second is a Maxis T-shirt(I am pretty sure) with the Riot! logo on it. Third is an orange Maxis Tank top with a Riot! design on it over another ever-so-slightly edited version of fanseelamb's Long, Black Tee Shirt for untucking. The Fourth is a black Maxis Tank-Top with Paramore on it. These are all Maxis recolors. They all look good with fanseelamb's untucked attire for Adult men(http://www.modthesims2.com/quicksea...eeuntuckedpants ) and kalynn06's Teen Boys' Untucked Pants(http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=234037 ). I haven't found any Maxis pants that the teen shirts look good with, but I bet you could find some custom pants that look good with it.

-Paramore Girl's Shirts-

Below is my Paramore Girl's Shirts. From Left to Right: Adult Female, Adult Female, Teen Female, Teen Female.

The First is a Purple Tank with a white Paramore on it over a recolored Maxis T-shirt. Second is a Maxis Tank with minor recoloring and Riot! on it. Third is another slightly recolored Maxis Tank with Riot! on it again. Fourth is a White shirt with Paramore on it. These are again all maxis recolors. They look good with many of the in-game pants, and look real good with madradsims' Riot Hair(http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=241482 ).

-Paramore Poster-

This Poster I designed with images from ParamoreFans(http://www.paramorefans.com/ ) and Paramore's Official Website(http://www.paramore.net/). It looks best when Graphics setting are on high. It shows up as a recolor of the Maxis "Civic Idol" by Adora Wall Arts.

-Riot! Cheek Tattoo-

This is a Riot! Cheek Tattoo for all you die-hard Paramore fans. It shows up in makeup and can be used on all gender and all ages except toddler.

-Credits-

*I have to give a lot of credit to fanseelamb who I used a lot of tectures and alpha's from. I also used their pants for untucking.

*I also must give credit to madradsims because their Riot! hair was my inspiration to make this pack and series. I also used their hair in my pictures.

*And I also give credit to Paramore theirself because they are an awesome band that is building strength and will soon be bigger than they already are. Even if you don't download my pack, take some time to go and listen to their music, especially the song "Misery Business" from their new hit album, "Riot!".

*Oh, and also to kalynn06 because I mentioned their pants in my description.

The stuff used in the photos besides what I already mentioned is various stuff I downloaded and I don't have time to name it all. Also, these should work without any other meshes because they are all maxis recolors.

Thanks, hope you download, take 2 seconds! This is Turtlestork, out!

What is wrong with my stuff? I really don't see why it doesn't work, I spent a lot of time on this, and the notation "Overall Poor Quality" Gives me nothing to improve on. Thanks.

TS

EDIT: sry pics didn't work...
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 12:45 AM
The shirts look too maxis like with just a recolor of things. Try the making a top out of a picture try getting a nice shirt from www.gojane.com under tees section. And try that.

hope

Emo's say 'yay'... just with a dead
I'm now playing and making stuff for Sims 3 so I'll give my name: Tempting_Fate nothing up at moment. Still getting used to it.
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 12:29 AM
The shirts may need more texture.
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 5:45 AM
lovelovelovelovelove paramore more than anything
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 6:57 AM
I like the posters and the small face paint, not really likeing the shirts tho, not to be mean. Just saying.

Hope to be making new downloads for sims3.

2Wayne
Instructor
#6 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 10:25 AM
The shirts definitely need some work. There's nothing wrong with using a texture from say, Fanseelamb, but to just slap some text on it is boring and most of the time doesn't look good. Try and find a Paramore screen tee and take the design from that shirt and use it. Also, putting the tank over the longer shirt? Probably not a good idea. If you wanted a tank, you can always just edit the alpha of a regular shirt, like Fanseelamb's, if you wanted.

desperation makes you look like a tool

Exclusive downloads available only at Phasmatic Sims!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 4:35 AM
The orange (and black) shirt has weird problems on the neckline
The black t's are so dark that there's no detail visible on them, no wrinkles, neck edges, etc.

The purple tank looks like bucketfill in those pics - actually most of the shirts have a bit of that look, like they're just bucketfill (aka one solid color with no variations and no details) And the text on top of them also lacks looking like there are corresponding wrinkles/details on it.

Also when you have 2 shirts layered, I expect to see a bit of a shadow where the tank is laying over the undershirt (course the undershirt has to not be so black, so you can actually put a shadow on it)

The single word riot looks too big across the front - most t-shirts have a logo more on the front of the body.

What is good, the work overall is clean and sharp. If you can get the shirts to look more like shirts on a body, they'll be good. I'm not sure about putting the word paramore on the shirt broken up like that...

I do strongly suggest you look at the maxis shirts for ideas regarding shading and details and also take a look at some of fanseelamb's textures. She does share them, but I suggest using them for *inspiration and guidance* for looking at what sort of detail and shading would work on a shirt.

Then make a new layer, draw shadows on one (and make the transparency setting down). make another layer draw highlights on it (and set the transparency down)

Anyway, hopefully this will help.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Locked thread | Locked by: justJones Reason: do not delete-useful info