Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 11:38 PM Last edited by firetecslady : 24th Jul 2008 at 12:00 AM.
Default Dragon wallpaper
hello everyone. i made this one cause i like dragons and i loved this one. just not sure it looks right and what is missing or should i say what is not right. one has stars and another the moon and then the last on just some berrys on a lighter backdrop. thank you for the help.

firetecslady
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 11:42 AM
maybe make one like the first two, but without dragon.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 12:14 PM
To be honest, I don't think it really works as a wallpaper. Over a whole room it's going to look really weird, a big ol' dragon on each tile. Also, I'm not sure if it's your monitor settings or what that don't let you see the seam there, but the ones with the mountains below, the mountains are dark blue and the background behind the dragon is black - with a very obvious line between the two.

I do think the berries are quite pretty, and I like the idea of a blue and white scheme. Maybe take the dragon off the one with the berries, and do it as a bedroom set instead. Dark blue (plain) and dark blue with berries for the walls, and then maybe recolour a rug, some curtains, etc., in a coordinating dark blue and white scheme... and put the dragon on a bedding instead. I think it'd look more appropriate there and would be more usable for a wider range of people.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 4:35 PM
I like the design. It would make wonderful bedding or even a picture...I like the one with the berries the best

visit my site: http//www.veradsplace.com

God Bless
ead425
Field Researcher
#5 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 5:33 PM
I agree with ead425.
It will work much better as a bedding or Poster.
The first two anyhow.

You expect people to pay for those hairs?!
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 4:50 PM
If you really want a dragon as the wallpaper you should make a plain blue wallpaper and a blue wallpaper with just the dragon. That way, downloaders can make most of the walls plain and have an occasional dragon on it. Or, they could just have the plain blue wall if they don't like dragons.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 10:33 PM
i was thinking allong the lines of most of you and make a bedroom set with the dragon on the bedding but here is were i get lost. i can do wallpaper no problem i have hundreds of them that i have made and use it is just i dont know how to do anything else. I am trying now lol but with little to no luck. I will keep you posted on my progress.

firetecslady
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 8:11 PM Last edited by firetecslady : 27th Jul 2008 at 8:18 PM.
ok i made the bedding and even the bed curtain i just recolored maxis bed problem cant get curtain to show up in the game as you see the bedding does. next i made a rug but dont know how to get it in the game trying to figure that out now. tell me what you think of the bedding it at least is done and works. lol oh and i did redo the wallpaper it is pictured here also. Thanks everyone

firetecslady
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 4:10 PM
Looks great on the bedding, but because bedding is fabric, maybe add some texture, like wrinkles. To me, it looks a but paint-bucket filled.

"This is night, Diddykins. That's what we call it when it goes all dark like this."

::::Participating Currently In Picture Perfect: Cycle 2::::
Inventor
#10 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 12:27 AM
I love the bedding I think it's awesome. I agree with alek to make the same wall but with no dragon. I have quite a few goth sims who have dark rooms this would be perfect as long as it had matching walls for both with no dragons.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 1:42 AM
ok i finally got the bedding and the curtain to match worked out and the wallpaper tell me what you think and be honest.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 1:59 AM
Nice bedding & curtians. Are you going to make just a plain blue wallpaper, and wallpaper with the same blue background colour but with a dragon, so people can have blue wallpaper with the occisional dragon? That'd be cool.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 4:20 PM
I liked the waves on the bottom of your original dragon wallpaper, if they are seamless you could make a plain blue wallpaper with that along the bottom edge, which would be *cupcakes*!

Viva Pinata: It's not just a game, it's a movement.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 1:19 AM
Sorry everyone for taking so long to get back but i hurt my right hand real bad at work and may not be able to get back to this real fast as i am right handed. takes a long time to do with the left lol. i am making one without the dragon and a little lighter. when i get t done i will upload it. thank you for your time.

firetecslady
Locked thread | Locked by: lewjen Reason: Do not delete