Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Party Pinata (functional)

by Echo Posted 10th Jun 2006 at 7:32 AM - Updated 4th Dec 2008 at 12:26 PM by -Maylin-

108 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 105 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 12:42 AM
Soooo much fun!!! Great idea...Thank you.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#52 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by karebearlova1022
do the sims actualy eat the candy?

Yes

Quote: Originally posted by zookini
Echo, this is awesome!! It looks great. A quick question, do you have to re-buy it after the pinata is broken? No big deal, just wondering.

After it's broken, the sims will eat the candy. When all the candy is eaten, it becomes rubbish (ie - sims have the option to dispose of it). If you want another pinata, then yes, you have to re-buy it.
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 1:26 AM
Echo you have made another WONDERFUL creation for our game. I cant thank you enough, you have made many things to make our games so much better. I just love my garden and the Easter Bunny!!! Thank You!!!
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 1:46 AM
Neat! Thanks, Echo! =)
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#55 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 3:53 AM
How Fun! You always make such fun things for sims. :0) Thank you!
Test Subject
#56 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 9:24 AM
thanks!

Hello everybody!

I'm a Swedish girl who loves sims2! I like animals too. I wish that there were dogs and cats on sims (,I'm getting tired on the fishes).
I'm blond and have glasses.
bye!
Test Subject
#57 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 10:19 AM
the pilow fight anamshen is in the sims 2 oreganel i cant spell to good sorry

Time is a wave, you are simply the swimmer riding it. You can't fight it. You have to swim with it and let it lead you in the right direction.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 11:18 AM
Totally wicked! What more to say :salute:

Eternally a sin

Dans l'amour vrai c'est l'ame qui embrasse le corps <3

Something wicked is coming up..!
Forum Resident
#59 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 11:30 AM
Wheee, this looks fun. Thanks alot Echo
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 123456
the pilow fight anamshen is in the sims 2 oreganel i cant spell to good sorry

'Fraid not, it's in the packages for Uni but not in the packages for the original. You're probably thinking of something else.
Test Subject
#61 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 2:14 PM
The pinata is awesome and everything,but I keep on seeing feathers coming out of the pinata when they whack it...any way to make the feathers stop?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 2:38 PM
Aw, I thought the feathers were cute! Heh. The short answer is "no". The long answer is quite a bit longer, and essentially boils down to "probably, but the effort would really not be worth it!"
Test Subject
#63 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 5:36 PM
Hay yo dont need Uni. for this to show up in your game

This is my Signature... im done
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 6:54 PM
Awesome. It's still a little weird that they hit the piñata with a plank instead of a stick but I guess it was necessary for the animation. Good job
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 8:56 PM
Genius!

Mrs Brad Pitt/Tom Cruise/Sawyer from LOST
Perfect In Every Single Way
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 1:36 AM
Gracias! Thank you Now my sims can have a bit of my culture in their party life
Instructor
#67 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 1:43 AM
Wow, Echo, this is fantastic! Thank you so much, you make so many cool things!
Top Secret Researcher
#68 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 3:14 AM
Nice job Echo!
Forum Resident
#69 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 8:08 AM
I tried this out in my game with just University. It shows up fine, but sims can't use it. They walk over to it and then it drops out of their queue. I've tried it again and again, with adults and children and I always get the same results. Since this seems to work for other people, could it be a hack conflict? It didn't show up on the hack conflict detector from simswardrobe. Hmmm, but I do have j.m. pescado's "noroadpillows" hack that only allows pillow fights if they're in the same room as a bed. (Or does it just prevent autonomous pillow fights outside of the bedroom?) I put the pinata outside in my game. I'll put the pinata in a bedroom and see if it works. If it doesn't, I'll take out "noroadpillows" and see if it works then. I guess I answered my own question here, so I'll get back to you later. Thanks again for the cool pinata!

Julie =)

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." - 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 8:16 AM
FreetobeJulie: Next time you're trying this out, can you turn testing cheats on just before you try to use it? You should get an error message that pops up, with a filename (with lots of numbers in it). You can just hit refresh then and turn testing cheats off again. If you get an error message, then could you either attach the file it lists in the message to a post here, or email it to me at [email protected]? That way I should be able to see what is actually going on that causes your sim to drop out of the interaction.
Test Subject
#71 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 11:08 AM
Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#72 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 6:16 PM
Echo, you items are amzing, and you have yet again facanited me I do have a question on the piniata though. Is there any way to recolor the 'feathers', to make it look colorful, like confetti, without making that the animation for the regular pillow fights?
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 10:59 PM
Its a nice looking object, and nice animations, but the pile of sweets looks really bad.
Forum Resident
#74 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 6:22 AM
Echo - I e-mailed you the file because I wasn't able to upload it here. I hope I did it right - let me know if I didn't because I've never used boolProp cheats before, I used the tutorial here to figure it out. Thanks!

Julie =)

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." - 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#75 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 11:49 AM
slb6223: While I didn't really look into it, I'm fairly sure that the feathers are an effect. Since we don't have any means of altering effects yet, then it's stuck as white for now.

Zruda_Trinact: Yeah, t'is a bit dodgy looking. Originally I didn't have anything there, it was really just an afterthought (my mother said "but where are the lollies?" so I had to add them!). If you want to though, you're more than welcome to create recolours and share them for everyone here!
Page 3 of 5