Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#451 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 7:25 PM
Carole & Tuesday (So far love this anime. Great story, interesting characters, good music, plus it has its humorous moments.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q366dvZqGfc

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition
Advertisement
Test Subject
#452 Old 31st Aug 2020 at 11:27 PM
Just finished The Heirs (Inheritors on Netflix) with Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye. I'm not normally into school-related dramas but this one was so good!
Field Researcher
#453 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 1:15 AM
Just started season two of The Umbrella Academy on Netflix, its very good and funny

"The Umbrella Academy is an American superhero web television series based on the comic book series of the same name written by Gerard Way"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_U...demy_(TV_series)
Mad Poster
#454 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 12:58 AM
nichijou - my ordinary life

I bought it on Blu-Ray and the English isn't an exact translation because a number of jokes were Japanese only in the original script. But it works with the jokes that English translation ran with.

It originally streamed on Crunchyroll back in the early 2010s and originally Funimation released it in Japanese audio with English subtitles a few years later. In the past couple of years, an English-dubbed track was added, making this copy a dual audio. It was released on disc exclusively to Blu-Ray.

The show is a set of vignettes concerning two groups: the students and faculty of a high school and the family of a childish 8 year old super genius, her robonanny and a stray black cat who can talk with the aid of a red vocalizing scarf (akin to Charles Muntz's translator collars from Disney\PIXAR's Up).

A Kyoto Animation adaptation of Keiichi Arawi's manga, it shares some similarities to Azumanga Daioh in terms of comedy.

It's a 2 coeur limited series (a coeur in Japanese television means the series run is 13 episodes long, so it is 26 episodes long) so it's a limited series in that regard.

I have been trying to get through disc 1 of the series set and move onto the next disc and watch the special Episode 0 in the extras.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#455 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 5:15 PM
On MTV there are only two shows worth watching- Ridiculousness cos the three presenters on stage are great together and also Chanel's laugh is hilarious. The other show is RuPaul's drage race and its so dramatic I'm surprised that I don't hate it also those make up skills though???
Mad Poster
#456 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 7:49 AM
Aggretsuko. I love the OTT animation style and the karaoke battles.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#457 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 8:05 PM
Season 1 of South Park on DVD.

The "Fireside Chat with Matt and Trey" reminds me of how green they were and were getting used to having relative freedom of expression in their "push the envelope" humor and how over the years, it went from straight up outrageous to satire of the current events.

Now in its 23rd Season on DVD, commentary from various reviews say that the show grew up with its creators and audience...in the Fireside Chat, they had an abundance of hair, Matt moreso with his 'fro. I can only imagine them balding, given their history of first meeting in beginning film class prior to the pilot episodes of South Park.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Mad Poster
#458 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 9:30 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 11th Sep 2020 at 9:50 PM.
Reruns of "Scorpion" (there's always reruns of something halfway interesting on Fox, and my usual medical shows have had summer breaks, so... reruns - or in my case, watching the episodes I missed out on). I started watching somewhere in season 3, one of the quasi-medical episodes they had (sucker for medical shows/scenes if they happen even once in a while in a show), and kinda got hooked. It's always fun whenever the "genius" shows try to be smart and medical, because at some point they just falter. You know someone did some research, but then they get extremely spesific with timing and whatever to the point of this isn't even remotely realistic, or they get details or equipment wrong. Also, special effect budget goes wild some episodes, but suddenly goes *poof* because someone didn't bother to look up Google images to do some simple research...

I guess this one is like The Big Bang Theory meets the fringes of MacGyver meets some kind of *matter of national security impossible task to solve in one episode* kind of show. It's by no means an amazing TV series, and there are issues (all extreme stereotype geniuses on steroids in one room???). But it's almost like the series is fully aware it's having these problems, and is just running with it. Still, I'm having fun - call it a guilty pleasure if you will (yes, I do sometimes look up facts and see if they got things wrong - that's half the fun with these shows)

Saw the first season of "Transplant" (Canadian hospital series) which was pretty decent. I hope that one is continued. Finally some hospital series with some interesting drama that isn't just lovvey-dovvey all around with the main character(s). I also really like "The Resident" (the hospital series, that is - google thinks it's something completely different, which is annoying ). It keeps the love drama at a low level, and the interesting drama at a high level (unlike certain other series... GA, looking at you ).

I have a tendency to steer toward hospital drama, but I do watch other things. Occasionally...

Other than that, waiting for new episodes of pretty much anything remotely interesting.
Field Researcher
#459 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 10:22 PM
I've just started to watch Battlestar Galactica, love it. watched it when it was first out now binge watching it again
Mad Poster
#460 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 1:31 AM
I finished rewatching Buffy - not sure how many times I've watched it. Every time I notice different things and have different takes on the story.
I'm watching Season 2 of The Boys.
A show I just watched and loved is Dead Pixels - it came from the UK, It's on the CW and I watched it on the app. There's only 6 episodes but maybe they'll get the second season. I think it's one of my all time favorite shows and I try to get people to watch it so far without success.
Mad Poster
#461 Old 8th Oct 2020 at 5:08 PM
Mostly streaming

Network: HBOMAX
Presentation: Mo Willems and the Storytime All-Stars Present "Don't Let the Pigeon Do Storytime"

Author Mo Willems and a wide variety of comedians, actors and talented folks alike read (and act out) 5 books from Mo Willems' bibliography with a how to draw the Pigeon that got him into children's books. The 5th book of the presentation is his award winning "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus" To make it visceral and drive the point home, a Pigeon puppet was made. So now you not only have an audience of hundreds of children on ground level and in two balconies, you also have talented people in their best clothes and they and the children in the audience are shouting "NO!" Because the book was to teach children how to say "NO!". And just when you think the Pigeon is going to be allowed to do something, he's hit with a resounding "NO"

Test Subject
#462 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 6:28 PM
SPOILERS THE WALKING DEAD

TWD just got the the part where Henry dies
Scholar
#463 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 12:29 PM
My friend is trying to convice me to watch Naruto, it sounds really fun but like I'm not good with shows cos you gotta stick to it to get the whole story. Have you guys watched it before? Is it the sort of show where you really gotta pay attention to what happend? Cos like there are some animated shows like that and im not sure my brain likes that
Mad Poster
#464 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 10:47 PM
I finished The Haunting of Bly Manor - I liked it but whenever Americans do British/Irish accents it's makes me uncomfortable. (British actors doing American accents doesn't bother me and they're usually pretty good. There are so many American accents, they're bound to get one of them right)
Mad Poster
#465 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 2:49 AM
I've been trying to get back into the Lupin III anime, starting with the part 1 23-episode series (Green Jacket series) from 1971, which was a darker series compared the later iterations. They re-released part 2 (Red Jacket) with 80 of the 150+ dubbed, albeit the numerous post-1977 references in the English dub are anachronistic at best.

A number of fans complained along the lines of "If you got time for subbing, you got time for dubbing"

Right now, I can't afford to make any frivolous purchases. I'm saving up for a trip to Japan and my own anime dubbing\subbing studio that makes uncut versions of children's anime (stuff that was bastardized by 4Kids and SABAN) that restores the story to its former glory. I called the studio "No Cuts, No Story" (these are two separate notions that were catchy)

Mad Poster
#466 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Noa1500
My friend is trying to convice me to watch Naruto, it sounds really fun but like I'm not good with shows cos you gotta stick to it to get the whole story. Have you guys watched it before? Is it the sort of show where you really gotta pay attention to what happend? Cos like there are some animated shows like that and im not sure my brain likes that

Naruto is episodic in nature so you have to tune in to keep up with the storylines.

Scholar
#467 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 9:10 PM
House Rules Australia and before they changed the programming on tv, The Block Australia. I don't like the New Zealand one much, I think its the presenter and judges that just aren't as fun.
Mad Poster
#468 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
I finished The Haunting of Bly Manor - I liked it but whenever Americans do British/Irish accents it's makes me uncomfortable. (British actors doing American accents doesn't bother me and they're usually pretty good. There are so many American accents, they're bound to get one of them right)

You're not alone. When Dick Van Dyke did a Cockney accent for the part of Bert in Disney's "Mary Poppins", there was a similar situation of discomfort of how it sounds.

Scholar
#469 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 5:53 PM
I started watching Queen's Gambit this morning based on a friend's suggestion. Now about half way through episode 3 but I'm not sure how I feel about it just yet? There's something vaguely uncomfortable about it though
Mad Poster
#470 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 3:11 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 10th Jan 2021 at 3:35 AM.
The more I subscribe to streaming services, the more I feel I am building a cable package.

Lately, watching MythBusters from the very beginning on discovery+

Yes, you may remember I had a crush on Grant.
Yes, I'm aware of his death in July 2020.
Yes, I tried grieving but my mother thought I was sad for some inane reason and tried stopping my grieving.
No, I didn't enroll in robotics to build a town full of people I adore(d)

I rather watch the show for the pleasantries of engineering.

P.S. I also am watching on hulu...
The Masked Singer
The Masked Dancer

Scholar
#471 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 12:24 AM
angine - I was thinking of watching Alice in Borderland, thanks, I might try it.

I've just finished watching Paranormal on Netflix and I loved it, it was absolutely amazing! Best thing I've watched in a long time! Be warned though, it does get sad in parts, you will need some tissues!

The last thing before that I really loved was Ghost Wars.

I just watched AJ and the Queen too, that was good and quite fun to watch.

I also watched the Haunting of Bly Manor and the Haunting of Hill House, they were both really good, but I preferred the Haunting of Bly Manor out of the two.

I don't really mind American actors doing British accents that much (at least they're trying, and it must be difficult), but it really annoys me when they have characters who are supposed to be British, but are using American words, such as 'trunk' instead of 'boot' or 'mad at' instead of 'cross with' - it must be in the script, so just shows lack of effort on the part of the writers, in my opinion.
Forum Resident
#472 Old 7th Feb 2021 at 3:55 PM
I'm currently rewatching all of Black Mirror. Am at the end of season 4 now.

I am Error.
Test Subject
#473 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 7:20 PM
I'm rewatching Bteaking Bad
Mad Poster
#474 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 1:42 AM
Trying to get through the entirety of The Office US.

Mad Poster
#475 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 10:06 PM
Just finished watching Sweet Tooth on Netflix. It was pretty good!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Page 19 of 21