Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fix For Sims Not Sitting While Watching TV

by Ravynwolvf Posted 8th Feb 2017 at 2:43 PM - Updated 11th Feb 2017 at 1:11 PM by Ravynwolvf : typo

69 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 1:03 AM
Thanks for the fix!

However, they still stand when playing vidya games
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 3:34 AM
omg yay
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 6:04 AM
Is it normal to have empty TV interaction options with this installed? I have one on the main TV menu and two under "watch channel".
Field Researcher
#29 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 6:43 AM
Same here-- I installed this mod as the only one to affect TVs, but half the menu interactions are blank.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fabowabo
Thanks for the fix!

However, they still stand when playing vidya games

Yeah, like I said in my description, I wasn't able to fix that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deer_Lord
Is it normal to have empty TV interaction options with this installed? I have one on the main TV menu and two under "watch channel".

My apologies...I just separated all the channels that came in the add ons out and uploaded it all again (I really didn't think that was going to be a problem...or maybe I just hoped a lot). Try re-downloading with just the ones you have installed and see if that helps.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by falcophoenix
Same here-- I installed this mod as the only one to affect TVs, but half the menu interactions are blank.

My apologies...I just separated all the channels that came in the add ons out and uploaded it all again (I really didn't think that was going to be a problem...or maybe I just hoped a lot). Try re-downloading with just the ones you have installed and see if that helps.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 5:23 PM
This is wonderful! This has been irritating me for weeks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#34 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 8:01 PM
been noticing my sims sitting more for additional things like drinking plasma packs, if your mod is responsible i call that a happy accident
Test Subject
#35 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 8:37 PM
Thanks for the new files, much appreciated. I had the blanks on the tv menus (don't have all packs) but decided I could live with it so long as they sat down again. And they did :-D
Scholar
THANKS POST
#36 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 12:38 AM
Thanks! Awesome folks like you should work for EA!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 2:52 AM
I am so glad that I came across this mod. So I understand that most of these files are tv channels and movies and one of them is watching the game void critters. However, I do not understand what the "watch black and white" is for the vintage glamour stuff. Is it not a tv show or movie? What interaction is this?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GarnetUniverse
I am so glad that I came across this mod. So I understand that most of these files are tv channels and movies and one of them is watching the game void critters. However, I do not understand what the "watch black and white" is for the vintage glamour stuff. Is it not a tv show or movie? What interaction is this?

The Void Critters is actually a TV channel too called BEtween; don't know why it's called that, but it's sort of an anime cartoon channel featuring the void critters. The black and white is a channel called Classic TV or something like that...it's black and white and has sim's shows that look like a cross between Mr Ed and Leave it to Beaver. The names in the xml files are totally different than the actual channel names, but they ARE TV channels.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 6:57 PM
Ahhhh thanks so much for this mod! It was so annoying that they would just stand around watching tv. I always thought I didn't have my seating close enough or in the right place
Test Subject
#40 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 8:35 PM
Thanks for the update, I redownloaded for only the packs I have and it fixed the blank menu options.
Test Subject
#41 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ravynwolvf
The Void Critters is actually a TV channel too called BEtween; don't know why it's called that, but it's sort of an anime cartoon channel featuring the void critters. The black and white is a channel called Classic TV or something like that...it's black and white and has sim's shows that look like a cross between Mr Ed and Leave it to Beaver. The names in the xml files are totally different than the actual channel names, but they ARE TV channels.

Oooh! Okay, alright thank you for the clarification and thanks for the speedy response. So glad to have my sims SIT and watch TV now
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by atheistcanuck
Thanks for the update, I redownloaded for only the packs I have and it fixed the blank menu options.

Thanks for letting me know it worked; it was really hard to tell without feedback.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 11:08 PM
If we have all the packs, we need all the files?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FizzMidnight
If we have all the packs, we need all the files?

Yep, or they'll choose to stand while watching the one channel you didn't download.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ravynwolvf
Yep, or they'll choose to stand while watching the one channel you didn't download.

Alright. Thank you :D
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 12:04 PM
Thanks for the update. Everything's working perfectly with City Living and GTW installed now.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 9:18 PM
Thanks for making this, and also making the update to make the packs separate. I don't have Kids Stuff (yet) so got the weird empty channel, and once I have Kids Stuff I'll grab that pack
Test Subject
#48 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 5:56 AM
Wow, it seems EA's policy is like the governments': If it ain't broke, fix it until it is!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 3:37 PM
<33
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 4:40 PM
Works great - thank you!
Page 2 of 3