Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Writer Work from Home

by NoelleBellefleur Posted 10th Apr 2017 at 10:44 PM - Updated 25th Dec 2020 at 2:05 PM by NoelleBellefleur : Update changes

97 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 44 Feedback Posts, 52 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#51 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 3:51 AM
Thanks so much for updating...I can't play these careers without your mods, lol. >3
Field Researcher
#52 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 1:25 PM
I'm loving this mod but I've been having some trouble with it. I a Writer level 2 (Blogger) and I can't get a promotion because one of my work tasks is to give work advice to a coworker. Is there some way to complete this so my sim can promote?

I once thought i was sad because I had no shoes, then I saw a man with no feet.
Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Test Subject
#53 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clynnc19
I'm loving this mod but I've been having some trouble with it. I a Writer level 2 (Blogger) and I can't get a promotion because one of my work tasks is to give work advice to a coworker. Is there some way to complete this so my sim can promote?

create a club and have one of the criteria they have to be in the writing profession. Then invite all eligible sims and start a club gathering.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 10:41 PM
I don't have Get To Work and it does say I need only City Living (which I have) but one of the task examples is to take photographs. I would hate for this to show up and being unable to complete that task. Would that happen or would I just get tasks I can complete?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by McHobbit
I don't have Get To Work and it does say I need only City Living (which I have) but one of the task examples is to take photographs. I would hate for this to show up and being unable to complete that task. Would that happen or would I just get tasks I can complete?

You can take photos with your sims' mobile phones. I have completely copied those tasks from the social media career so it should work fine. And I think it can't give you an assignment you do not have the pack for.
Test Subject
#56 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 6:05 PM
This mod has an issue. I don't know why, but one of the tasks that it shows is not appearing. So, I can't settle both of them, and my work progress diminishes.
I will test to see if it is a conflict issue with other mods.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 6:41 PM
Thank you for your work, I love these mods, they make gameplay a lot more enjoyable :)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#58 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 1:28 PM
I haven't tried this yet, but I just wanted to thank you because I'm a professional writer and I thought it was ridiculous that writers had to go to the office to work at specific times. Almost everyone I know -- including me -- works at home as a writer. The few I know who have offices rent them and work for themselves.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#59 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trendorina
This mod has an issue. I don't know why, but one of the tasks that it shows is not appearing. So, I can't settle both of them, and my work progress diminishes.
I will test to see if it is a conflict issue with other mods.

I checked the latest version of the mod, it doesn't have text issues. Do you have any other career related mods installed?
Inventor
#60 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 1:18 PM
Are your mods compatible with the latest november patch?

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Test Subject
#61 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by himawara106
Are your mods compatible with the latest november patch?

I don't know about the rest of her mods, but I can confirm that this one is currently working, I have two stay at home writers now, one doing self-publishing, and one doing the writer career with this mod. So far, it seems to be working fine.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 10:06 PM
thanks!
Test Subject
#63 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 11:38 PM
Are your mods up to date with Cats and Dogs?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 7:23 PM
I love this. Thank you!!
Test Subject
#65 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 9:47 PM
Hey, cool idea. So I have installed the mod, joined writer career. First day of work and it sent me away... How do I do it so I work from home? it didn't come up with any option just the normal work starts in an hour.. How do I fix this??
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#66 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hardcoresimmer!
Hey, cool idea. So I have installed the mod, joined writer career. First day of work and it sent me away... How do I do it so I work from home? it didn't come up with any option just the normal work starts in an hour.. How do I fix this??

Hello! If you installed the mod properly, the work from home option will show up automatically 1 hour before the start of work. Maybe you haven't enabled the mods in your game?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 4:57 AM
is this still working?
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shrclma
is this still working?

The work from home mods are still working in my game, though since the latest patch often the boss is disappointed and my sims don't get full pay even though my sims complete both the required tasks... but the same thing has also been happening with my social media career sim, so I'm not sure if that's a result of the WFH mods or an EA bug.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#69 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 10:05 AM
I really want to thank you for all those "work from home" jobs. I always thougt sims 4 needed this since the city living expansion came out, they make it so much more fun to play and save so much time in getting promoted! Would it be possible to make such "work from home" expansions for career mods too?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 2:11 PM
So, I clicked on work from home, but since I don't know any co-workers I can't progress, and I'm permanently working, I guess? Is there any way to reset without quitting?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#71 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yoshiru
So, I clicked on work from home, but since I don't know any co-workers I can't progress, and I'm permanently working, I guess? Is there any way to reset without quitting?

If you can't finish an assignment it will simply decrease your work performance, you won't be stuck in work forever. If that was what you meant.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#72 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Marduc_Plays
I really want to thank you for all those "work from home" jobs. I always thougt sims 4 needed this since the city living expansion came out, they make it so much more fun to play and save so much time in getting promoted! Would it be possible to make such "work from home" expansions for career mods too?

I don't make work from home options for other careers, only for the in-game ones. But maybe you can ask the creator of the mod to make these options for the career
Test Subject
#73 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 4:50 AM
Completing tasks that are very difficult.
Quote: Originally posted by sandyleelizzy
create a club and have one of the criteria they have to be in the writing profession. Then invite all eligible sims and start a club gathering.

I know sometimes in the path of one of my sims careers there is a nearly impossible task. I don't like using cheats....but.... this one will help in a bind. Copy and paste into cheat bar.. and you're all set.
Aspirations.complete_current_milestone
(Completes current aspiration challenge and awards points)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 4:11 PM
Hi, I wanted to let you know that the file tab is missing the download file.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#75 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nakcol24
Hi, I wanted to let you know that the file tab is missing the download file.

Hello, yes someone told me already and I have fixed it. Thanks for telling
Page 3 of 4