Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

50s Quintessential

by blissful_sims Posted 13th Dec 2012 at 11:45 AM - Updated 19th Feb 2015 at 3:04 AM by blissful_sims

57 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 19th Dec 2012 at 1:41 AM Last edited by blissful_sims : 19th Dec 2012 at 4:44 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
Great job.. However. That dress is waaaayyyy too short for the 50's inspiration. It's more like a late 60's 70's dress length. Unless you are referring to the full skirt aspect. (Better wear shorts under that skimpy dress,Marilyn!!) lol

Thank you for the kind comment

However, My dress is indeed not to short for 50s inspiration =) Seems a lot of people haven't realized how long shorter styled dresses or the "mini" has been around. It actually has been around since the 1920s

Here is an example of a cute, firty, and SHORT tennis dress from circa 1950 that I linked in a previous comment :lovestruc

As you can see here, my dress is not much shorter or longer than this one =)

This is photo of Marilyn from 1947

Here is a link of several short dresses from throughout the years that I linked in a previous comment >>>>Click Here<<<<< :lovestruc
Test Subject
#27 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexjones20066
I wish it was longer

I wish there was a longer version as well. I'd like the short to be for teens, ya, and adult and a longer version for ya and adult.
Test Subject
#28 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by blissful_sims
Thank you =)

I would also like to point out it isn't to short to be 50s as you see here: This is from the 50s =)

Which is a very cute flirty dress, which is what mine is =)

Which comes from This website: http://www.makeuptalk.com/t/99750/history-of-the-mini

:lovestruc

Would just like to point out that dress in that picture would have been used for sports, not everyday life Somebody could have worn it out, but she'd be... Talked about, that's for sure. That's besides the point, really like it, and as others have said, would love to see a longer version
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 17th Jan 2013 at 1:29 AM
I love this dress! thanks
Test Subject
#30 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 8:11 PM
I would also like to point out it isn't to short to be 50s as you see here: This is from the 50s[/QUOTE]

This is a TENNIS dress. They always wore much shorter dresses for tennis. All the rest of the time the hem was on the knee or below. It's much more feminine and graceful, and you don't risk your panties showing if you bend over.
The game has far too many short ones and the longer ones are often awkward, so I would happily welcome yours in a longer version whenever you have the time and inclination to work on it. Thanks!
Test Subject
#31 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blissful_sims
Thank you for the kind comment

However, My dress is indeed not to short for 50s inspiration =)
Here is an example of a cute, firty, and SHORT tennis dress from circa 1950 that I linked in a previous comment :lovestruc

This is photo of Marilyn from 1947

A tennis dress and Marilyn in a BATHING SUIT! These are not really clothes, they are for sports and for swimming, so they were different. (You mistook that bare stomach thing for a street outfit? LOL!)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by irmar
A tennis dress and Marilyn in a BATHING SUIT! These are not really clothes, they are for sports and for swimming, so they were different. (You mistook that bare stomach thing for a street outfit? LOL!)

Actually no, I was just commenting on length of Marilyn's skirt and as to, "Mini's" have been around since 1920s actually. So noo need to be rude, thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 7:05 AM
I can't download it. Please help. It doesn't show up as rar. This is really cute.
Test Subject
#34 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 8:02 PM
This may seem redundant, but I was wondering what meshes/mods you use for your Sims facial features. I am new to modding the Sims 3, so I'm curious as to if it came with the make-up/eyes (etc.) mod you downloaded..? Thank you.

Lovely dress, by the way! No complaints here.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jewelie
This may seem redundant, but I was wondering what meshes/mods you use for your Sims facial features. I am new to modding the Sims 3, so I'm curious as to if it came with the make-up/eyes (etc.) mod you downloaded..? Thank you.

Lovely dress, by the way! No complaints here.

Thank you!

As for my Sims facial features, well I use sliders to make them..
All sliders by AWT
All sliders by Bella3lek
Chin to Neckline by Heiret
All body by Jonha on MTS
Chin width by GnatGoSplat on MTS
Nose Depth by Nik Sim on MTS
Upper Lip Shape By SageCUtoAMF
Eyelash Sliders by Sclub
Eyelash removal by Sclub
Chin Cleft by TumTum Simiolino

I also use Master Controller by Twallan so I can have multiple custom sliders also I have the sliders to be set at x5

and that is about is honestly.. The make up you see on my models and some of the eyes Were created by Lemonleaf and some I created myself =)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 6:59 AM
this looks like a lot of work you did...thanks. Now can ANYBODY fix those bathing suits? Need a decent one - THONG
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 8:36 AM
I love this dress..!! The moment I saw it, I knew that I had to get it...! ^_^ Please continue making such amazing cute dresses. There's a lack of quality dresses in the game and I hate having to make my sims wear those horrible dresses.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#38 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 11:41 PM
Cute as pie!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 3:49 AM
great work! please create more of this :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 9:51 PM
Love it! Thanks! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 15th Feb 2014 at 10:17 AM
Thanks! I'm In a Vintage Phase and this is Exactly what I needed!
Test Subject
#42 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 1:58 PM
I cant find Jessica_2010.......HELP
THANKS POST
#43 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 12:13 AM
love these dresses!
THANKS POST
#44 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 3:38 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 7:19 AM
감사합니다 ㅎㅎ 너무 이뻐요
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 3:46 AM
Sweet
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 10:13 AM
thank you so much for these,
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 5:28 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 4:39 PM
OK
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 5:23 AM
I am in the process of making a really cool 1950s pin up girl and this outfit really fits it! Thanks so much!
Page 2 of 3