Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 8:07 PM
Default Can we make our own towns?
I'm dieing to start deleting, rearranging, and creating my own places.

Are we able to do that yet?

What about Commercial businesses???
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 9:46 PM
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 9:50 PM
You can't really have commercial businesses, you can make parks and things like that though. You can't make a brand new neighborhood and place down empty lots, you can only use Sunset Valley or Riverview and utilize the lots already placed. You can't place neighborhood objects down either.
Test Subject
#4 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 11:51 PM
This SUCKS and is in my opinion one of the first things that should be fixed...
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 12:32 AM
I was kind of shocked to see we couldn't start our own neighborhoods from scratch. I wonder why?

nom nom nom nom
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 12:40 AM
I'm fairly certain the reason why is because these neighborhoods are far more complicated than TS2 neighborhoods.

1) You need to have all of the rabbit holes plopped down in each neighborhood in order for all careers, classes, opportunities, school, etc, to function.

2) I think this was discussed somewhere else when we were talking about the neighborhood expanding in future EPs -- but in able for that to happen they need to have some measure of control over where we put lots. That's why you can't put new lots down, just put houses into the empty lots already available. You can bulldoze lots to your hearts content but you can't put them in a new place -- probably because those spaces are reserved for future expansion in EPs.

I am a sweet, fluffy bunny. I live in a golden meadow surrounded by unicorns and butterflies. I have 10 nice points.

Better?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 12:44 AM
There are also hand-placed spawn points for things like fish - if you go into a lot (like the fish hatchery in Riverview) and use the eyedropper tool on one of the ponds and hunt around, you can pick up an invisible spawn point for fish.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 1:20 AM
Yeah I really cant stand all the premades. I deleted all the premade sim's houses so I could make my own sims and my own houses...but they keep moving in...so i deleted allllll the houses...except my own :P

But I dont like Sunset Valley or Riverview. I hope in future EPs we can make our own towns and they'll only have the necessary premades like; hospitals, schools, fishing holes, etc....but everything else we should be able to make ourselves...isnt that supposed to be the beauty of the Sims???
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 3:49 AM
Can you create a pond and go fishing in it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 4:17 AM
Yes you can create a pond right on your own property and yes you can fish in it. It claims it's only good for small things like minnows and goldfish but I've been catching some BIGUNS
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 4:37 AM
lol, this is like the ONLY thing keeping me from enjoying my game right now.... the one thing i enjoy more than anything while playing the sims... is creating lots and houses based off of all the houses i've lived in, or relatives lived in, real places i can relate to.. my neighborhoods are filled with sims based off of real people, streets based off of real streets etc... i love it...

T.T so honestly while i love TS3, until i can create my own neighborhoods, and have more freedom with lots etc, i cant really fully "Get into the game" seriously.... i wont start on any houses or things like that... i'll still have fun and play it alot, but i'm just holding back until i see what becomes available...
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 12:51 PM
How to make Ambrosia
How to make Ambrosia ???

Plzz help me

THX