Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:47 AM
Default No cheating so far
I'm proud of the fact I have not used any cheats yet...haven't been enticed to read about them either so not to tempt me.

I've made the mistake in past sims to cheat my way to perfection and millions in money and found I got bored too fast because I did all there was to do 'the easy way'. I enjoy the game and don't want to put it on the shelf in a week or two because I easy moded my way to boredom.

Others feel that way or am I the oddball?

I guess turning off aging is a cheat and i did do that *sigh*
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:49 AM
I don't cheat either. You are not alone.
Instructor
#3 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 7:01 AM
Ive not cheated either. I never used to cheat much In the Sims 2 only max motives and they don't appear to have it, not that I need it. I am only playing the 1 sims lol!

^_^
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 7:15 AM
I did use motherlode/kaching on my first couple of families, just to play around with the game more. Now I try not to, or I move them into a non-furnished house and give them just enough to furnish it cheaply, if I'm feeling too lazy to build my own house.

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 7:16 AM
I used Kaching when my quadruplets (game glitch, sorta my fault) needed new beds etc but other than that, no.

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is a Maxis game! What's to win? You and your sims can play unto perpetuity, getting into entanglements and trying to get out, and by the time you know it, it will be 3am your time, and you don't even have your teeth brushed...
--The Sims 1 Prima Guide
Inventor
#6 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:20 AM
I hate cheating In Sims games,I feel it takes away any sort of challenge of acctually playing the game.

The only time I cheated so far in Sims 3 was the motherlode cheat on my first Sim I made, just to be able to try out some more things.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 11:38 AM
I abused the maxmotives cheat in Sims 2 far too much, I got bored with the game. So I'm enjoying playing without cheating for exchange. I have to admit now and then I'm tempted to, but I'm too lazy to bother with the testingcheatsenabled thingy.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 11:59 AM
I've cheated once... My sims would NEVER whohoo, even though they were married and had great motives. I had tried for several sims-days, and I wanted them to have a baby... So I used boolprop to set their motives on max (even though it was very good already) and they finally whohoed xD

ingeborgsk
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 12:06 PM
I don't cheat either. So every simfamily I start playing gets basicly the same furniture, but their homes look all different anyway - cheers for create-a-style!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amaryllia
I don't cheat either. So every simfamily I start playing gets basicly the same furniture, but their homes look all different anyway - cheers for create-a-style!

Yeah, create-a-style is great! You don't have to buy floors, and you can buy cheap walls, and do whatever you want to with it! My sims houses looks really good, even though they are very poor...

ingeborgsk
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 1:04 PM
no real reason to use cheats...it's one of the easiest "games" to play
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 1:25 PM
Only time I really choose to cheat is when I've played the game to death (TS2) and just don't want to put hours into a new sim.
Test Subject
#13 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 2:07 PM
I have to admit, I cheat. I use the testingcheatsenabled cheat to max my motives. I found the game boring when I couldn't explore town because my sim is to tired from work or is starving. So, I use the cheat and bam, I can actually see the town. I still make them take naps and eat, because I don't want them to seem inhumane. :3 I know, I'm a freak.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by taelere
I have to admit, I cheat. I use the testingcheatsenabled cheat to max my motives.

My sim could really use this every now and then... yet I cant seem to figure it out. How do you do it?

nom nom nom nom
A Sinful Sim
retired moderator
#15 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zanarkin
I'm proud of the fact I have not used any cheats yet...haven't been enticed to read about them either so not to tempt me.

I've made the mistake in past sims to cheat my way to perfection and millions in money and found I got bored too fast because I did all there was to do 'the easy way'. I enjoy the game and don't want to put it on the shelf in a week or two because I easy moded my way to boredom.

Others feel that way or am I the oddball?

I guess turning off aging is a cheat and i did do that *sigh*

I'm also proud that I haven't cheated.... yet. And aging off isn't a cheat since it's in the options menu...lol

Sadly, the funniest time I had playing a sims game was when I rented Busting Out for the Xbox before TS2 was released. I had fun because I didn't know any cheats and actually had to play the game. In TS2 I constantly used maxmotives and usually ended up with sims just standing around cause they didn't need to do anything. I'm pretty sure I've heard that maxmotives isn't in TS3 and I haven't tried it. I'm trying to enjoy the game as it was ment to be played.

So no, you're not an oddball.

Adult Downloads Can Be Found On MTS2's Adult Site!!!
Theorist
#16 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 4:18 PM
The only cheats I have used so far are money ones. I am getting tired of watching my sim sleep or be too tired to explore her personality...we have not done any gardening. She's nearly an elder and only advanced in her career to the second level.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers