Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 3:11 PM
Default Sims Store puirchased items - where do they go?
Hmm I have a real concern. All the recolours and everything you can download off the exchange show up in a downloads folder. In the my documents section. Including the town of riverview.

However, the other items show up in my installed items. Yet there is no physical way to find them, including some items in the Riverview package.

My concern is that the items are already in the game and the Store is merely unlociking the content for you in the game. In which case this does concern me as somone could easily find a way to unlock them.

NAyone got any idea how this store bought items works and where they are getting stored? Are they Hidden to prevent upload? Or am I just not looking in the right place?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 5:08 PM
I downloaded the free stuff from the store, and it downloaded into the Sims 3 Launcher, then there is a section on the left hand side under the play button, and there should be a "downloads" section, and all your downloads that you downloaded should be there, just make sure you install them before game play.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 5:57 PM
I know that, they are showing up in my game.

But there is no actual physical file. Which is what leads m,e to suspect that they are already in the program code and have merely been unlocked by the store.

As on my cmputer I can not find a file which relates to them, which if they are true downloads there should be. I have downloaded the free orange t-shirt and this appears in the Electronic Arts/Sims 3 folder which it uses to store the saved games etc on the 'My Documents' section of my C drive. So it does seem to me that these are not actual downloads at all . In which case they are in the base game and it is a bit crappy of EA to then SELL game unlocks like this.