Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:39 AM
Default Babies growing at different rates?
My single male Sim somehow ended up with a female baby. I don't know where she came from, since we have no memories. Somehow, she was just on his doorstep. When she first arrived, she was showing 28 days until she becomes a toddler.

My other male sim impregnated a woman, and they had a baby. THat baby grew from an infant to a toddler in 3 days, but the first baby is still showing 18 days until she reaches the toddler stage. I've never seen an infant take so long to grow up! Any ideas why this is happening?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:40 AM
Maybe the lifespan slider under "Options" was set to something longer...?
Theorist
#3 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:42 AM
Gosh, all this baby drama. From kidnapping to inpregnating another sims. Is it just me or does Sims 3 have alot of drama?

~~~The Official Nintendork Island~~~
"I cannot love you like this anymore..... Alejandro"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:44 AM
I haven't changed the slider since I started creating Sims, so I don't know why she would have a longer lifespan than the others. It's just strange. They're all set to "Epic" lifespan.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GuardStud08
Gosh, all this baby drama. From kidnapping to inpregnating another sims. Is it just me or does Sims 3 have alot of drama?

Kidnapping? Baby/toddler/child Sims can be kidnapped? I'd actually like to see that! NO, I'm not any kind of deviant... I've just never heard of that happening in a SIMS game :p
Theorist
#6 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tinydancer80
Kidnapping? Baby/toddler/child Sims can be kidnapped? I'd actually like to see that! NO, I'm not any kind of deviant... I've just never heard of that happening in a SIMS game :p

Well in this one post, someone said that a female sim dropped off her baby, left and another different female sim came and picked that baby up and left. Kidnapping in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanev
4) We were at the park playing chess, girl comes over...sets her kid down and leaves. A different girl comes, takes the baby off the FLOOR and walks away with her

Field Researcher
#7 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GuardStud08
Well in this one post, someone said that a female sim dropped off her baby, left and another different female sim came and picked that baby up and left. Kidnapping in my opinion.

Psh it's not kidnapping when the woman just leaves her kid (which is child neglect I guess)! The other sim was probably taking the baby to the police station since he/she was parentless
Theorist
#8 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lilliandulcia
Psh it's not kidnapping when the woman just leaves her kid (which is child neglect I guess)! The other sim was probably taking the baby to the police station since he/she was parentless

Lol. Still odd in my mind. They do that in TS3? (See Quote)
Quote:
The other sim was probably taking the baby to the police station since he/she was parentless