Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:11 AM
Default So... Anyone Feel Let Down By This?
Remember way back when we were reading about The Sims 3 and all the rumors? I remember at one time, and I'm copying and pasting this from a thread on this forum, Rob Humble quoted the feature of assessing moods and needs, saying

"First problem: it is morning and time for work. In the old Sims games, this early morning work run would be a nightmare of task juggling: a terrifying assault course of late alarm clocks, standing breakfasts, hurried defecation and swift showers, all while a workmate hovers outside in a car, beeping his horn, impatiently waiting for you to get ready. In The Sims 3, a bubble appears in the bottom left. "Matt is hungry. Click here to feed him." One click, and his needs for the morning are taken care of."

Anyone playing the game now can agree with me... This is not a feature of the final release of the Sims 3. In fact I was surprised by how much attention I was paying to my sims moods when I first started playing! Almost as much if not more than I was in the Sims 2... Talk about a let-down of false promises...
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:13 AM
I'm not too let-down by that. The rush makes it more exciting for me. We do get some help, with the moodlets. I no longer have to look at the needs panel to see what need I need to do immediately or else. And I think the needs decay slower.
Inventor
#3 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:20 AM
Satisfying the needs is way faster, needs do decay at a pace almost similar to Sims 2 for me, though. My sim could be near starving and one meal has him completely full before he's even finished it and when his social is way low then after a few seconds of chat it's completely full again.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:24 AM
Oh my god I am so glad the game isn't that easy, Lol.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:28 AM
I read the middle paragraph and didn't realize Rod Humble said it, and I thought of it as a good thing/challenging game, and someone was complaining about a lack of that in the Sims 3.

Pshnaw.

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is a Maxis game! What's to win? You and your sims can play unto perpetuity, getting into entanglements and trying to get out, and by the time you know it, it will be 3am your time, and you don't even have your teeth brushed...
--The Sims 1 Prima Guide
Mad Poster
#6 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:31 AM
I remember reading that and hated the idea. I love having and seeing the mood bars, and it's not "hard" to keep sims happy. If you managed to keep a sims 2 sim alive and happy, you can keep a sims 3 sims alive and happy.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 11:16 AM
Ew that's worse than abusing the maxmotives cheat,that's not fun at all. Bleh. I'm glad the game isn't like that. Jeeze.
Instructor
#8 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 11:20 AM
Well my response to that is no. I also think as a whole the community would feel that way. Just look at all the people who miss getting the babies bottle out of the fridge and the changing table etc!

It does add to the realism of the game and it seems we like the game to seem more real.
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 11:23 AM
If I remember correctly, that information had the whole community up in arms screaming 'DOOM'. That may be why they removed it. I'm glad they did.
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 11:49 AM
Though you can just klick on some moodlets and the sim does something that helps satisfying the need which is shown with the moodlet.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 12:00 PM
i wish we ha the weather pack in the base game,i miss the weather!altho looking at the sunset and stars in this game is amazing!
Instructor
#12 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 12:01 PM
I intend to enupy those things tonight! lol
Test Subject
#13 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SugaFairy
Though you can just klick on some moodlets and the sim does something that helps satisfying the need which is shown with the moodlet.

Really? I never knew that! I will have to try it when I next go on. Clicking on the "Tired" moodlet will be alot easier than going upstairs and clicking on the Bed and then clicking sleep!

Alex
xoxo
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icu2richelo
Remember way back when we were reading about The Sims 3 and all the rumors? I remember at one time, and I'm copying and pasting this from a thread on this forum, Rob Humble quoted the feature of assessing moods and needs, saying

"First problem: it is morning and time for work. In the old Sims games, this early morning work run would be a nightmare of task juggling: a terrifying assault course of late alarm clocks, standing breakfasts, hurried defecation and swift showers, all while a workmate hovers outside in a car, beeping his horn, impatiently waiting for you to get ready. In The Sims 3, a bubble appears in the bottom left. "Matt is hungry. Click here to feed him." One click, and his needs for the morning are taken care of."

Anyone playing the game now can agree with me... This is not a feature of the final release of the Sims 3. In fact I was surprised by how much attention I was paying to my sims moods when I first started playing! Almost as much if not more than I was in the Sims 2... Talk about a let-down of false promises...

I actually wouldn't like that feature...at all.
In fact, I think I would have hated it.
Not that the game is short on let-downs, though.