Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:40 AM
Default Neighbourhood Creation Tool that was promised by EA
Do you still think EA will release a town creation tool like they said way back in February? Or maybe its just going to be another empty promise by EA.
The game is still good though, Id rate it about 9/10.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:41 AM
I'm guessing empty promise, but you never know.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 7:05 AM
maybe soon... or someone else probably make one tool for that lol....

Little Kitty!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 8:51 AM
I certainly hope they'll come up with a neighborhood creation tool because I always have multiple neighborhoods in Sims 2. I get bored of two neighborhoods very, very quickly.
Inventor
#5 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 9:10 AM
maybe they'll bring it out as some sort of stuff pack? but like a "tools" pack
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 9:16 AM
I'm hoping so, but it's going to take a while to get the kinks out of it. Making rabbit holes would be harder for players than making actual buildings would. They'd have to model extra schools and town halls and then they'd need neighbourhoods with roads and probably with set placing for the lots and all that.

If you look at how the neighbourhood works (with lots, et cetera) as it is now, it'll take a while for them to create a tool that is user-friendly.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 9:28 AM
I smell an expansion...
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ar2593
Do you still think EA will release a town creation tool like they said way back in February? Or maybe its just going to be another empty promise by EA.
The game is still good though, Id rate it about 9/10.

I heard that the Sims 3 is suppose to be releasing a patch to allow us to use the creation tool.

More like releasing expansion packs to make us spend more money.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 11:02 AM
I don't particularly see how a neighbourhood creation tool would work as an expansion. Unless they just tack it on like Witches/Warlocks onto Apartment Life.
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 11:34 AM
It might be able to work as a mini-exapansion. A similar price to the stuff packs. But only if they included plenty of customisation of the neighbourhoods, like designing our own road layouts and editing terrain.

But, correct me if I'm wrong, I think EA said the creation tool would be free. This is good news in some ways but bad in others - notably, that there probably won't be much included within it.
Instructor
#11 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 12:07 PM
It depends there are a lot of things that an expansion pack could bring to the game that may need to give us access to a way to truely edit and create neighbourhoods etc. So it is very possible.

I do not see how new career building for additional careers would be added and I think for certain careers this would be very very necessary, so would the expansion automatically place them itself? Or even edit the whole town layout. That may be why there are so many unfilled spaces....

But I am kind of curious about what will be in it.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 12:11 PM
I certainly hope they do. I'm getting quite bored of Sunset Vally, and I got bored with Riverview within a day. I mean, I know the town shouldn't be the most important thing in the game. But it's pretty high up there for me. And I know I can do waay better than Sunset Vally or Riverview. lol