Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:22 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 31st Aug 2014 at 2:52 PM.
Default TS4 Chat Thread (Things I've Seen/Heard/Read About in TS4 v2)
The old thread was over 20 THOUSAND POSTS and was just getting bananas! By the great silver ape, you people sure can talk a lot! So here's a new thread! Shiny! Pretty! Try not to get mud on it, okay?

TS4 Pictures:

Got new pics to post? You're welcome to post them here, but please also post 'em over on the TS4 Pre-Release Pics thread, so people who just want to see pics and not a lot of chatter can actually find them.

I'm feelin' chatty!

And judging by 20k posts, you guys sure are too! Great! Come join us in the MTS Social Chat. While the chat topics are often not sims-related, you're welcome to chat about TS4 in there too!

Regarding SimGurus/EA Staff:

Don't be a dick to them. They're speaking in a professional capacity, and the fact that they come here, to a fansite, to answer your questions, is more than they've often done in the past and something that should be appreciated. If we'd like them to continue coming here, then treat them with a little courtesy. Calling them names, rudeness, bringing up personal information or their physical appearance will not be tolerated. Any hyena-like behavior will be squashed. This doesn't mean you have to treat them like gods, or be afraid to say anything negative about the game, or what they have to say, just don't make it personal, and don't be rude.

Regarding other members:

Don't be a dick to them either. The snarking got pretty heavy in the old thread. Tone it down a bit - not just in this thread, but the rest of 'em, please. Report rather than engage someone being rude, and let staff handle it.

Gifs/Memepics behind spoilers:

Use the [spoiler] tag to enclose any images that are not directly on the topic of TS4. Gifs, reaction images, meme stuff, etc. needs to go behind a spoiler unless you are a moderator or admin and are using it in a "I'm speaking as staff" post. To do this: (spoiler)(img)yourimageurl(/img)(/spoiler) except with [ and ] instead of ( and )

No mud-tracking:

This means that if someone says something stupid elsewhere that you don't agree with, don't track it back here to make fun of them. Posting legit news and info is fine, but if your only purpose in mentioning goings-on elsewhere is to insult, deride, ridicule, call names, or otherwise be negative about it, then do not post it. Problem posts will be deleted and posters may be warned.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:23 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 4th Aug 2014 at 4:51 PM.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#3 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:24 PM
HP has put up a new one of these too... which one do I use?? *panics*

(hugs matrix)

...Titanium white...
Alchemist
#4 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:24 PM
Can't we continue in the other one now that it is unlocked?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:24 PM
Oh - I just started another part 2 lol. Can you merge/delete mine then?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Now, I can't edit the OP with new information, which was the point of the thread(s) existence.

Well then copy the stuff from there into this thread and continue to update accordingly

Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Can't we continue in the other one now that it is unlocked?

...wait what?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#7 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:25 PM
I asked HP to merge these

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Alchemist
#8 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:25 PM
Let's continue here!
Scholar
#9 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:26 PM
Yay, shiny new thread!! *dances*

...Titanium white...
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:28 PM
Since I already typed this up for the other thread, I'd like to put it here, but if it's not ok due to the new guidelines, please delete it.

I cannot talk for him, as I am not him (of course), but I can totally see Graham coming home, opening a can of beer and thinking 'Wow. So many people NOTICED me today'.

I mean, we get exited when he's just viewing the topic. If he dares to post, we overload him with questions and love and sometimes a little bit of creepyness and snarky comments as well. He - as well as the other guru's - are probably not used to the fact that every little thing they say online will be screenshotted (sp?) and copied onto forums and Tumblr and will be viewed by tens of thousands of people for years to come. If people did that to the stuff I post online, I'd shut off my computer and run the hell away.

Their hands are tied, they can't say everything they want to say and that must be hard for them. There's no way for them to behave in a way that satisfies us without them getting fired in the process. Even just answering a minor question opens up tons of doors to others. So yes, I can totally imagine it if the Guru's felt like we're hyena's and they're a chunk of meat. If I was one of them, I'd feel the same way.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Well then copy the stuff from there into this thread and continue to update accordingly

I can't, the thread is locked. I'd have to redo ALL of the HTML.

Field Researcher
#12 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:30 PM
I want to be on the first page!
#HistoryIsBeingMade
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:30 PM
matrix - Let me copy it over into your first post in this thread and do a little magic so it will be post #2.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:31 PM
Thank you for this HP. It was tiring digging through endless arguments, GIFs, and goofy conversation unrelated to The Sims. We definitely needed to separation for those who want to catch up.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Mad Poster
#15 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
matrix - Let me copy it over into your first post in this thread and do a little magic so it will be post #2.

Thank you.

I'd become posts 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:33 PM
New thread, yay!
I wonder if we'll gonna get any new info today.

Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Thank you.

I'd become posts 2, 3, 4 and 5.

watch out, double posting is soo frowned upon :D
Field Researcher
#17 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
Thank you for this HP. It was tiring digging through endless arguments, GIFs, and goofy conversation unrelated to The Sims. We definitely needed to separation for those who want to catch up.

You do realize this thread is going to end up another 800 pages of arguments, gifs and goofy conversation though, right?
Scholar
#18 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fantatsy
New thread, yay!
I wonder if we'll gonna get any new info today.

I'm currently lurking on Twitter as well as here, hoping to sniff out anything that pops up

...Titanium white...
Mad Poster
#19 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:34 PM
Joined the MTS chat but have no idea how to post or nothing. Sorry for not responding to you all, I have to do more reading and research. *so goofy*

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Alchemist
#20 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
I'm currently lurking on Twitter as well as here, hoping to sniff out anything that pops up

Just watch out for that nose of yours. You never know....
Instructor
#21 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:36 PM
In other news, the way a lot of the kiddies in the official forums are getting depressed is kinda making me sad. lil bag2 wasn't kidding at all.
Scholar
#22 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Joined the MTS chat but have no idea how to post or nothing. Sorry for not responding to you all, I have to do more reading and research. *so goofy*

Same here with me; I'm gonna have to figure out how to do the social-chat thing - but I'm still lurking on there ATM, too lolol

Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
Just watch out for that nose of yours. You never know....

*watches nose and goes cross-eyed*

...Titanium white...
Mad Poster
#23 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by litlegothcat13
In other news, the way a lot of the kiddies in the official forums are getting depressed is kinda making me sad. lil bag2 wasn't kidding at all.

Told ya. And they're normally the main ones telling us we're just being negative. Now they sound just like us

Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40

We have a chat?
Alchemist
#24 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:39 PM
I'm posting to return a hug to lewisb40.

Still don't think Graham poops rainbows, though.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:40 PM
Thank you! Melt down averted.

Now, I have to hope I don't hit the word limit in the next few months.

Locked thread
Page 1 of 920