Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 10:24 PM
Default "Emotion Potion" vs. "Health Potion"
My 2 kids with the "Whiz Kid" Aspiration need to "Craft 5 Emotion Potions". Hovering over the goal, I get: "Emotion Potions can be created using the Science Table."

But the only options available to either kid at the Science Table are "Experiment" and "Health Potion".

Thinking it was just another stupid, careless typo, I had one kid craft a Health Potion. She did, it's now in her inventory, and it does NOT count for an Emotion Potion.

Has anyone done this, and knows how to complete it?

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by veil
My 2 kids with the "Whiz Kid" Aspiration need to "Craft 5 Emotion Potions". Hovering over the goal, I get: "Emotion Potions can be created using the Science Table."

But the only options available to either kid at the Science Table are "Experiment" and "Health Potion".

Thinking it was just another stupid, careless typo, I had one kid craft a Health Potion. She did, it's now in her inventory, and it does NOT count for an Emotion Potion.

Has anyone done this, and knows how to complete it?

They have to level up mental skill a bit more, and then the Emotion Potion will become available :D
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 10:40 PM
Yeah I believe they have to be at level 7 Mental Skill to be able to craft the emotion potion.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 11:40 PM
Thank you both!

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 1:31 AM
Happy to! :D
Field Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 5:03 AM
You'll probably find there are several instances when a Sim (regardless of age) has a need that they cannot perform 'just yet' because of lack of skill. Most common for my cook Sims was "Make <Insert Name of Food Here>" and then trawl through the cooking lists and find it missing. Only to level up and abracadabra! There it is! At lower levels of painting when my Sim could only pain classically, they often want to paint abstract or realism. You get used to it.