Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#10576 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 7:15 PM
Inb4 they added 7 new types of crops plus haystack woohoo and think this counts as gameplay
Advertisement
Inventor
#10577 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 7:28 PM
If it's a farming pack, I don't expect it to be as ambitious as some Store sets were, like the tractor set. It's likely going to be some system that's already in the game. The Store Team had to develop a brand new "track" system for the tractor (which they reused later for the rollercoaster and gondola). It would be cool if they added horses, but they're too lazy for that. Every single pack released after Seasons has been VERY lazy and lacking any substantial gameplay so I expect them to keep releasing more lackluster packs.
Field Researcher
#10578 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 7:36 PM
I expect 10 new recipes and harvestables which they'll probably advertise to death. Also something like explore the backstory of the town ala Island LIving's bs. It will probably include some oversized object such as milk-making station instead of actually making cows cause' it's too ""difficult" and Sims 4 is c00l and weIrd™
Instructor
#10579 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 7:46 PM
So here's my question:

Seeing how the Sims team can't seem to release a pack without advertising their politics, how do you expect them to go about it with farming? Like I find it difficult to picture there being a cow and a chicken and that's that; I'd expect we get some commentary about factory farming or the like whilst they introduce some wHaCkY fictional character that trades meat for tickles or something.

Hell, I don't expect animals period if I'm honest, but I do expect some sort of woke excuse as to why there's none, and that's what I'm truly eager to see.
Lab Assistant
#10580 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by toxicboy
It looks like the next expansion pack is getting announced this June 10 and it's going to be Farm-related.

Source: SimsVIp

Postcard? Why do Maxis always like to do meaningless gimmicks?

Taiwan Soul!
Mad Poster
#10581 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 8:23 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 8th Jun 2021 at 5:08 AM.
Interesting that they're going for more Bri'ish, round 2? Guess those Britechester assets needed to be stretched a bit further, no?

I honestly wonder how they're going to handle the farming element- if they're going more for expanded on-lot gardening, or if they'll have a mechanic to farm off-lot (reusing the world change mechanic used in prior EPs).

Secondly, if the latter is the case, how world-confined is this gameplay? Are your sims going to have to start applying for a UK residency in order to farm (just like they need to fly to Japan to ski)?

Finally, if there's going to be farm animals, are they going to be objects? Are sims going to nuzzle a baby chick the same way they nuzzle a grub from Eco Living?

Prediction- either Britain, Ireland, or Scotland, with a heavy emphasis on Celtic aesthetics for the fairy-elves.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10582 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 2:22 AM
If they sent out postcards, I wonder if the next pack is travel related... again... is that where the hotels went?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#10583 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
If they sent out postcards, I wonder if the next pack is travel related... again... is that where the hotels went?

UM, who farms on vacation though? Somehow I missed doing that on my trips to Europe in the past. LOL
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10584 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
UM, who farms on vacation though? Somehow I missed doing that on my trips to Europe in the past. LOL

If they’re playing up the visiting the countryside angle, I see no reason why they can’t do both. Especially if those are their only features and they’re playing up the tourism angle.

Even World Adventures has nectar making. Not gardening, but still work and a business to own/operate.

Theorist
#10585 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
If they’re playing up the visiting the countryside angle, I see no reason why they can’t do both. Especially if those are their only features and they’re playing up the tourism angle.

Even World Adventures has nectar making. Not gardening, but still work and a business to own/operate.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it is likely they'll do both. Considering all the other 'vacation' type packs, there is more than enough to pick, choose and recycle from. Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, Island Living and Snowy Escape.

If this is going to be another pack where Maxis preaches about the environment, it will be more of the same from Eco Lifestyle only it will be worded differently.
Forum Resident
#10586 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 3:53 PM
^ On top of that, WA isn't really the best comparison to make here. EA has never made a Sims expansion as large as WA again after it was released. That was an EP with three separate huge worlds and filled to the brim with content.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything but the most barebones system possible. Certainly not multiple major features. This is the game of divided pack features and streamlined systems after all.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Scholar
#10587 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 4:25 PM
*sigh* Most certainly they're not going to do proper vacations AND farming in one pack.

Henford might be a pretty little world to play in, though.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Scholar
#10588 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 6:04 PM
I could see them giving us chickens and then let us build a bed & breakfast or something. I've been waiting for them to open up all vacation worlds to live in aswell. I have no idea what to expect in scope with a farming pack from EA tbh.
I assume they would give us at least one more animal, like a llama or sheep or something, but who knows, they seem to be all over the place with incomplete features with EPs.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#10589 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 7:20 PM
I was wondering whether to get Jungle Adventure. But first does it have any strange life forms that start appearing in the other worlds and ruining the rest of the game?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Inventor
#10590 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I was wondering whether to get Jungle Adventure. But first does it have any strange life forms that start appearing in the other worlds and ruining the rest of the game?

It's a pretty okay pack but I'm not sure if it's worth $20. If you can get it on sale, go for it. Selva Dorada is a beautiful world, but sadly the tomb raiding itself is utterly mediocre compared to World Adventures.

The only new life form is the Skeleton, but only playable Sims can summon one.
Forum Resident
#10591 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 8:05 PM
In my experience everything will end up boring you because it lacks mechanics that can be repeated without being tedious. My suggestion is that you don't spend anything on this scam and don't help keep the game that bad. Even though I left this game on Get Famous.
Mad Poster
#10592 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
In my experience everything will end up boring you because it lacks mechanics that can be repeated without being tedious. My suggestion is that you don't spend anything on this scam and don't help keep the game that bad. Even though I left this game on Get Famous.

IMO this is a real issue that the game has encountered over these last few years, as while world-focused EPs (i.e. Jungle Adventures) are fine, what should be considered 'universal' gameplay is increasingly becoming world-confined (Seasons was probably the last 'universal' EP). So to repeat an oft-repeated complaint, if you want to be a mermaid, you have to go to Sulani. And the problem with Sulani is that as nice as it is, the same scenery and set pieces get boring after awhile, and lacks any sort of unexpected dynamicism.

I think TS2 and TS3 sort of got around this rather elegantly in piling more of the gameplay upon the lots themselves, which acted as modular elements that could be slotted into worlds (which themselves could be endlessly customized via CAW). So if you liked the resort or diving system from IP, you didn't have to deal with the rather buggy Isla Paradiso in order to get the gameplay itself and you didn't even need to stick with the tropical theme, as you could easily decorate the diving lot or resort with something more to your flavor.
Inventor
#10593 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I think TS2 and TS3 sort of got around this rather elegantly in piling more of the gameplay upon the lots themselves, which acted as modular elements that could be slotted into worlds (which themselves could be endlessly customized via CAW). So if you liked the resort or diving system from IP, you didn't have to deal with the rather buggy Isla Paradiso in order to get the gameplay itself.

The Sims 3 would've benefited greatly from allowing people to travel to all installed worlds, which was something the engine was capable of doing (as proved by the NRaas Traveler mod). That way certain features that were "confined" to one world would be easily accesible. The counterargument is that back then it took so long to load a world that it would be impractical to travel to, say Bridgeport, to go to a bar. Now it takes 15-20 seconds to load a world running the game on an SSD on a modern gaming PC, so it's much easier to do that.

Luckily, worlds could be edited to take advantage of an EP's features. Underwater loads could be added, showtime venues could be added, ports and houseboats could also be built, etc. Swimming in the ocean wasn't restricted to ONE world, not even tomb raiding was restricted to one world as you could easily build your own tombs and add them to your main world. You could also build highrises in any world using the shells in BuyDebug. The Sims 4 restricts EVERYTHING to one world. There are very few GLOBAL features.
Field Researcher
#10594 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 11:35 PM
They better not call this a farming pack if there's nothing to do with farm animals. Horses are def. needed.

View all My Sims 4 Creations here https://kiarasimsfourmods.home.blog/

Patreon here www.patreon.com/kiarasims4mods

KiaraSims4Mods Discord - https://discord.com/invite/TykFPkY
Lab Assistant
#10595 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 11:47 PM
Need farm?
The Sims 4 Farmland - Reveal

Taiwan Soul!
Forum Resident
#10596 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 11:48 PM
Imagine if they went through the effort of actually adding animals but then did something like the meat wall for Eco Lifestyle where it's all artificial.

Then, in true waaacky TS4 fashion, you can talk to the animals. Also, they're not really animals, just Sims dressed up in animal suits. Make way for Yamachan 2.0, only this time your animals will come and steal your dairy products instead of setting your house on fire!

Did I miss anything?

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Forum Resident
#10597 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yaohui
Need farm?
The Sims 4 Farmland - Reveal

This will entertain people for a while. Hopefully one day they would deign to fix the core and balance the game, also to add true personality and generational genetics, as well as good wishes and fears. I would love to have this in the sims 2 or 3. I wish these things (animals, animations, mechanics) could be extracted xD
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10598 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 12:44 AM
Not Morgan Freeman.

Mad Poster
#10599 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
So here's my question:

Seeing how the Sims team can't seem to release a pack without advertising their politics, how do you expect them to go about it with farming? Like I find it difficult to picture there being a cow and a chicken and that's that; I'd expect we get some commentary about factory farming or the like whilst they introduce some wHaCkY fictional character that trades meat for tickles or something.

Hell, I don't expect animals period if I'm honest, but I do expect some sort of woke excuse as to why there's none, and that's what I'm truly eager to see.

It be funny to think if say goats and sheep/pig/cow or whatever have an AI of a cat and dog respectively, with a special exclusive interaction to eat grass and produce milk/wool to make them act like a distinct animal. Much like how we got "racoons" and "foxes" in C&D as specialized gameplay breeds of main pets

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#10600 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 5:03 AM
Yknow the funny thing is it's "bad" if fairies are actually in this because historically for the Sims 4, the moment a lifestate is attached to a pack that isn't centered around them, it means that lifestate can't do a damned thing and isn't interesting in the slightest.
Locked thread
Page 424 of 447