Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26001 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I use it, but to be honest I think I've only seen one teenager get a scholarship want - a romance(/knowledge?) sim getting a want for the alien scholarship. Maybe I've also seen a want for the job scholarship too? Can't be sure on that one.

The point is, I've seen it happen before. It does seem to be rare, but from what I've seen, WFSanity is your only chance to actually roll that want ever, because before using it I had never seen a want like that (I didn't even think there was one that wasn't for parents or something). It's a shame really, I got it specifically to see "rare" wants like that (and first kiss! Barely anyone wants that these days), but it's still rare to see them with that mod. If only it were easy to make want mods...

I see First Kiss all the time with my Family aspiration teens & sometimes (less likely) my Knowledge ones. I've only seen the scholarship wants when WFSanity wasn't in my game, but they only rolled them after another teen got sent to college. I wish the same thing. Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#26002 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
I see First Kiss all the time with my Family aspiration teens & sometimes (less likely) my Knowledge ones. I've only seen the scholarship wants when WFSanity wasn't in my game, but they only rolled them after another teen got sent to college. I wish the same thing. Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it!

Yeah, Family and Romance sims roll it for me too, but like, I want to give teens an aspiration boost when they have their first kiss, and no matter what I do they sometimes just refuse to roll the want - once Tybalt rolled it when he went to uni, but then rolled it away immediately. Same with things like first woohoo and getting engaged/married, sometimes I want to give my sims the illusion of autonomy and wait with these until they roll the want, but no matter how much I send them to dates, they sometimes just won't roll them... only exception is rejection for first kiss, for some reason teens always roll that and I lock it immediately because it's better than nothing

Though I heard that when you load a household after playing another, the wants will be based on like, gossip, so maybe getting a teenager who just got a scholarship brag about it to their friends might force them to roll some want like that?
Lab Assistant
#26003 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 9:55 PM
I have had a few engagements in my game right now but my sims don't seem to roll the want to get married when engaged? I think I managed to force one sim to roll it by aggressively completing date wants (they woohooed like 4 times or something) but otherwise.. It seems rare.. Is there a reason for this? Is it just a rare want, even if engaged?

Edit: Actually, that's not even what got him to roll that want, I had him go on a date with someone else and only then he rolled the want to marry his fiance.
Mad Poster
#26004 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 10:11 PM
It's not a rare want, but big life-event wants tend to roll in the wake of big events or moving house. Wants to get engaged tend to follow hard on the heels of falling in love, and wants to get married pop up shortly after moving into an adult residence (almost all my sims go to college and get engaged there if they're going to). On the rare occasions when two single adults get engaged, the "get married" want almost always rolls immediately for me, and I'll lock it in the interest of having a proper wedding party, unless the situation is one that justifies immediate marriage, like an impulsive engagement want while on vacation. Popularity and Pleasure sims may roll wants to throw a wedding party rather than wants to get engaged. It's very rare for me to have a wedding in which both parties don't have a want which will be filled by either the wedding or the party. And then baby wants roll very soon thereafter.

It's possible that my playstyle is more conducive to rolling those wants than yours is, or that you're just having bad luck with random chance. The want trees have a structure, so that the odds of rolling one want will go up or down in response to surrounding events and to the filling of certain other, related wants; but they are still randomly rolled, so statistical clusters and the flaws in the randomizers will still make themselves felt.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#26005 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 10:30 PM
It might be that I am doing something different, I dunno, the two most prominent sims I'm having that issue with right now also got engaged in college, both to an NPC, then they moved to a house/apartment and had their fiance move in with them, but none of them have the want to get married. Could it be because they were engaged to NPCs? It seems unlikely.. I don't know
Mad Poster
#26006 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 11:12 PM
I think they may be a little less likely to roll wants to marry if they're already living together; but that could be an illusion.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#26007 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 11:15 PM
Ahh, but that can't be it, because the previous sim (the one I mentioned, who finally rolled the want after going on a date with someone different) was living apart from his fiance for quite a while..
Mad Poster
#26008 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Do many people still use WFSanity these days? How often do you see teens roll scholarship wants? I like WFSanity but this is the one want I barely ever see anymore, lol.

Yes, and I see scholarship wants ALL the time. But. I fulfill all those get good grades type wants and all the skilling wants through elementary school, so when a child ages to teen and rolls 'get Hogan Athletics scholarship' and can immediately fulfill it because they jumped rope every single day from school to homework and homework to bed, then they roll another. Usually the Fortune and Knowledge teens give me scholarship wants.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#26009 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Freefalldreams
InTeen miscarriage plugin, maybe? It triggers based on low needs, but can at higher needs if there have been near-misses from almost-too-low needs earlier in the pregnancy or previous miscarriages.

==
No, I don't have InTeen. And Sugoisama, you're right - I'll put it back.
But the reason for my post was to try to FIND the original miscarriage mod, so I can see what the package is (to remove it). SO...anyone point me to that mod?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#26010 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
==
No, I don't have InTeen. And Sugoisama, you're right - I'll put it back.
But the reason for my post was to try to FIND the original miscarriage mod, so I can see what the package is (to remove it). SO...anyone point me to that mod?

Do you have midge's RCC mod? I believe that might come with/have an add-on relating to miscarriages, either way I think you ought to check out where you put their mods, cuz I believe they made one so
Mad Poster
#26011 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 7:10 PM Last edited by grammapat : 22nd Jan 2021 at 10:51 AM.
Default still can't find miscarriage mod
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Do you have midge's RCC mod? I believe that might come with/have an add-on relating to miscarriages, either way I think you ought to check out where you put their mods, cuz I believe they made one so

I have mods in several sub-folders (mods/behave, mods/hood, etc). I found a few packages that MIGHT have been the one, but they were not. As for "midge's RCC mod" I will try to find it via google. Don't know what "RCC" is, but don't have any of these..?? Because when I download a mod, if it involves an OBJECT, that's where I would have put it, I will go into my sub-folder Mods/objects & see if anything could be this...EDIT..nope

I've googled for any miscarriage, and can't find anything that looks like anything I have

Mad Poster
#26012 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 9:50 PM
At this point, I'd make a backup, knock up a Sim with boolprop and 50/50.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26013 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I have mods in several sub-folders (mods/behave, mods/hood, etc). I found a few packages that MIGHT have been the one, but they were not. As for "midge's RCC mod" I will try to find it via google. Don't know what "RCC" is, but don't have any of these..?? Because when I download a mod, if it involves an OBJECT, that's where I would have put it, I will go into my sub-folder Mods/objects & see if anything could be this...EDIT..nope

I've googled for any miscarriage, and can't find anything that looks line anything I have

Chris Hatch pregnancy controller also contains miscarriage. I would be looking for pregnancy mods.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#26014 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 12:19 AM
Would anyone happen to know if this mod works with AL? Are there any risks in trying since I can't find anything similar?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Lab Assistant
#26015 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 3:33 AM
Has anyone ever tried to delete stealth neighborhoods already generated for a neighborhood? Is it possible?
Mad Poster
#26016 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
Would anyone happen to know if this mod works with AL? Are there any risks in trying since I can't find anything similar?
I don't know, but the following posts occur in the comments section for the mod:
Quote: Originally posted by Miss Puff on 18 Sep 2008
Hello, I love your mod and I was wondering if it is compatible with AL or if you're planning on updating it?
Quote: Originally posted by Alexx58 on 23 Sep 2008
I'm not planning to update this mod since I'm not planning to install AL,but
I think that version 2 must be compatible with AL. In any case this mod
cannot bring any mess in your game. .

Alexx58 is the creator so it looks as if it should work.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#26017 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bulbash
Has anyone ever tried to delete stealth neighborhoods already generated for a neighborhood? Is it possible?

It might be, but it won't do you any good. Once the stealth hoods are loaded, the characters contained in it are in the neighborhood, regardless of what happens to where they came from.

Lab Assistant
#26018 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 5:10 AM Last edited by bulbash : 23rd Jan 2021 at 7:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
It might be, but it won't do you any good. Once the stealth hoods are loaded, the characters contained in it are in the neighborhood, regardless of what happens to where they came from.

I'm fine with the characters. This is a custom neighborhood, and the creator uploaded with all the stealth subhoods. I just want to delete them and the lots so that the neighborhood could be converted to a subhood. I wish there was a way to make them visible for that purpose.
Mad Poster
#26019 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Chris Hatch pregnancy controller also contains miscarriage. I would be looking for pregnancy mods.

I've searched for "pregnancy" in my game, and gone through every mod folder. The only thing I could find was a pregnancy controller by DumbFool...I took it out & will test...but this shouldn't be doing it.

Field Researcher
#26020 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 6:23 PM
Is there a guide somewhere for creating a clean university subhood? I never really got any clarification on the separate help post I created.. Basically, my university got two professors for each major even though I had Cyjon's mod installed, though now I believe it's because the premade townies from SSU were still added in.

Do I need to overwrite my university subhood templates with Jawusa's Clean Neighbourhood Templates? I also replied there so apologies for any annoyances I've caused.

Call me Seth!
Mad Poster
#26021 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trambling101
Is there a guide somewhere for creating a clean university subhood? I never really got any clarification on the separate help post I created.. Basically, my university got two professors for each major even though I had Cyjon's mod installed, though now I believe it's because the premade townies from SSU were still added in.

Do I need to overwrite my university subhood templates with Jawusa's Clean Neighbourhood Templates? I also replied there so apologies for any annoyances I've caused.

Don't overwrite. Either remove (save to a backup; you never know when you might want them again) and replace; or rename them so that the game doesn't recognize and load them.

Never overwrite a neighborhood, as overwriting only replaces data that matches, leaving stray bits and bobs of data hanging around to hook up where ever it can, creating corruption.

Top Secret Researcher
#26022 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 7:57 PM
Are there alternative ways to turn the camera in all directions other than using the mouse wheel? My mouse wheel isn't cooperating. I know with Life Stories you can press down both mouse buttons and it'll act as the wheel but it doesn't work in regular ts2.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#26023 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 8:13 PM
Pideli, camera controls should be the same in TS2 and the Life Stories games. Pretty sure the middle button is true for TS2 too - I have a clickable scroll wheel on my mouse that acts as a 3rd button (I blank out on how I get around in the game when I don't play, but I think that's what I've used to move the camera around ever since I started using windowed mode due to no edge scrolling).

Maybe it still works as a "middle" button? If that doesn't work, you could try the right button and Ctrl (I haven't tried that, but the Wiki says it works).

Quote:
If the mouse has a scroll wheel, it can be used to zoom in and out. The camera can also be controlled by using the middle mouse button (if present), or by holding down the Ctrl button and the right mouse button.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_camera
Top Secret Researcher
#26024 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 11:06 AM
Thank you so much, the ctrl and right mouse button worked!

But no, there are some minute differences between ts2 and LS. The one I mentioned above (not sure if it's all LS games or just one or two of them but I do remember clearly it's a thing with those), and also you can use letter keys to direct your sims, e.g. H to cook food. But ofc you can still use the mouse wheel in LS, it just has an extra option since laptop fingerpads don't have mouse wheels

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#26025 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 6:00 PM
It only said the camera buttons were the same, but there could be some differences for the other controls. I only have Castaway and I remember it being controlled like TS2, but it's several years since I played it, and I don't have it installed atm (the CD is buried in a box somewhere, could be as much as 10 years or more since the last time I played it ).
Page 1041 of 1339