Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#976 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
No, I was talking about the use of the word 'lighthearted' not 'escapist' - ofcourse people want to escape - but my point is that that doesn't mean it needs to be all happy rainbows everywhere for it to be 'escapist' - in fact you need conflict and that applies to ALL storytelling - even for 3 year olds.

Conflict is not dark content, which is not what other posters were talking about. They were talking about GTA-style content (sex and violence).
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#977 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 6:15 PM
New Paralives clip.
Sebastian's summer

He takes off his shoes. And jumps into the pool from the roof!
Mad Poster
#978 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
New Paralives clip.
Sebastian's summer

He takes off his shoes. And jumps into the pool from the roof!

Thank you for posting. Very interesting in many ways. I know I am in the minority here but I still do not like how the Para/characters are done at all, but otherwise it will be interesting to see more. The animations look good, I just do not like the graphical style of them.
Mad Poster
#979 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 11:52 PM
*Waiting for uncut gameplay footage.*

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#980 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 2:54 AM
Yeah, it kind of feels unreal at the moment. I need to see the UI at work.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#981 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 10:08 AM
You could be in debt and facing homelessness, and still escape into a game where you are playing with a sim who is dying of cancer to take your mind off it. Or you could be the Queen of England with the best doctors in the world, gold toilet seats, and bored stiff with banquets and healthy living, and enjoy escaping into a game filled with debt, sickness, and homelessness. So escape doesn't always have to mean light humour. In fact you can escape your thoughts more easily if the game or TV drama is really gripping and deep, otherwise your mind will just wander back to your own problems.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#982 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 1:27 PM Last edited by Hamishmc : 25th Sep 2020 at 3:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
You could be in debt and facing homelessness, and still escape into a game where you are playing with a sim who is dying of cancer to take your mind off it. Or you could be the Queen of England with the best doctors in the world, gold toilet seats, and bored stiff with banquets and healthy living, and enjoy escaping into a game filled with debt, sickness, and homelessness. So escape doesn't always have to mean light humour. In fact you can escape your thoughts more easily if the game or TV drama is really gripping and deep, otherwise your mind will just wander back to your own problems.

Off the subject but I'm bored but QE escapes by watching the TV sitcoms.
Our UK Queen Elizabeth does this with watching Eastenders apparently and I wonder if she thinks that all her subjects act like that normally! I doubt if she plays computer games but Princess Anne helped her with Zoom recently according to a video.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...ders-doctor-who

Mad Poster
#983 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 7:03 PM
Cancer might be fine, but not pasted as it is but sort of inspired and obviously be renamed. With TS2 illness system, you could kinda recreate - with your own effort put a little - said victim of the ilness by manually sending them to the mirror to "shave" their head or ect.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#984 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 11:46 PM
Someone posted a youtube video about Paralives Halloween update : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZelsTvFBaxU
Staff - Moderator
#985 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 11:27 AM
New paralives development page : https://www.paralives.com/development
Scholar
#986 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 1:20 PM
I'm really happy to see all the progress Paralives had made so far.
Staff - Moderator
#987 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 8:33 PM
Paralives released a holiday outfits video: Link
Scholar
#988 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 11:59 PM
The game's looking better and better with each new video that comes out. It looks like you'll be able to layer clothing too and even mix and match socks which is really cool. I don't think you could do that on the PC versions of Sims except for Sims 2 on console.
Mad Poster
#989 Old 18th Dec 2020 at 1:20 AM
You can on TS4, no?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#990 Old 20th Dec 2020 at 2:18 AM
Unfortunately you cannot place clothing over clothing in TS4 unless the CC maker makes that possible as part of their creation (or even Maxis as part of their clothing collections). Believe me -- I've tried. Too many times.
Scholar
#991 Old 20th Dec 2020 at 9:48 AM
And that's the silly part! Ever since TS2 I had been wondering why a sim can not put on a jacket on top of whatever they are wearing instead of changing the complete outfit... Dang it, it's a life simulating game!

I do not follow the development of this game, I only watch random Y-tube videos but I so want to try this game. Alpha, beta or just a demo!
Forum Resident
#992 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 8:02 PM
Other competitor : People of the newbery
Lab Assistant
#993 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
Other competitor : People of the newbery

I thought People of the Newberry was a fraud! Is it some other project?
Lab Assistant
#994 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 12:54 PM
People of Newberry looks to be almost certainly a scam but I was looking at the Steam page for Live the Life and there are actually regular updates from the developer there, so while its an asset flip, it looks like it's more extremely low budget than an outright scam.

Still, Paralives is the better bet, a concrete concept, distinctive art style, better funded and the dev team seem more professional. Little Sim World, looks good too, but it seems more Stardew Valley in the big city to me, which isn't really my thing, although I enjoy Stardew Valley.
Instructor
#995 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 1:14 PM
Next time round I'm not going to buy any life simulating game until it's been out for a few years to universal acclaim. I am so worn out by the fuss over Sims 3 and Sims 4.
Lab Assistant
#996 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 1:48 PM
Isn't PoN the third party assets game?
Lab Assistant
#997 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 2:29 PM
PoN wasn't just an asset flip, it was almost certainly a scam, and it appears to have disappeared off the face of the internet, but only after the creator had a bunch of critical videos taken down by YouTube. Hopefully he didn't make to much money off the Patreon before closing it and disappearing.
Theorist
#998 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 11:25 AM Last edited by Orphalesion : 4th Mar 2021 at 1:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by WaytoomanyUIDs
I was looking at the Steam page for Live the Life and there are actually regular updates from the developer there, so while its an asset flip, it looks like it's more extremely low budget than an outright scam

Live the Life, aside from having a name that's just as silly and clunky as "People of the Newbary" appears to be more of a First Person RPG/Survival game than a life simulation. And it still seems like they use "you can be homeless and sleep in an alley!" as a selling point which...is a bit weird to me.
Everything from the characters to the City seems to be pre-defined, so it's not comparable to Sims or what Paralives promises to be.

Edit: I'm also glad that Newbery was confirmed as a scam. That game looked all kinds of awful with its supposedly Hyper-realistic graphics.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Instructor
#999 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 3:31 PM
Found a link to this on Twitter just now. It's the March update on Paralives for those interested.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/43070596
Lab Assistant
#1000 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
Found a link to this on Twitter just now. It's the March update on Paralives for those interested.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/43070596

This game is far from the relase date...
Page 40 of 73