Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 3:57 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Turning off the Gridlines for Pictures
Can anyone tell me how to turn off the gridlines for picture taking, or general, purposes please?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:03 PM
Haven't found a way to do it besides moving a family into a lot and going into live mode. Both hitting R and going into the options as worked for TS2 do not work for TS3.

Considering that cameraman mode is not available in build/buy, only live mode, and that adjusting the normal camera to take pictures is like trying to wrestle a greased snake, moving a family in is the best option I've found thus far.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:59 PM
The way I do it is by selecting the terrain paint tool in the smallest size. In my adou house i hid it under a bush as i went into cameraman view (TAB).

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:08 PM
Haha...I just came back in to note the same, QBUILDERZ....Thank You Both!
Scholar
#5 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 4:23 AM
Pressing tab works in my game, it removes the cursor and the ui. Then just press tab again to get them back. Use print screen for screenshots.

Note: this only works in LIVE mode.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:32 PM
tab also works ONCE per save in edit town mode...I don't know why, but you have to save and re-enter the lot for it to work again. It is the only way i found so far around it

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 7:10 PM
Phew, good to know that about the TAB key! I thought I broke mine from pounding on it so much! :D
Scholar
#8 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 7:24 PM
Wow! I came with the purpose of asking for help and all my questions have already got replies by you guys in this thread.Thank you so much.You rock!
Special Thanks to you,QBUILDERZ,for your tip about the grid.Very precious.
Feel released to read about the TAB key,because I too was worried about mine.And was in despair because being so bad at controlling "things" in build mode..But reading what you write makes my "burden" (!?) much more lighter....Even if all this means that EA needs you,dear modders and creators,to fix EA's non finished work.
Big hugs.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#9 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 7:27 PM
Also, if you use the in game camera, it removes the gridlines automagically. Or...at least it did for me. I accidently hit the C key and took a picture. When I went to my docs to see it, the gridlines were gone.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Scholar
#10 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 8:15 PM
Canoodle,you are very lucky...When I access the camera mode the gridlines never disappear.The pics show beautiful graphics,but they have this ugly grid.Hugs.
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:51 AM
I read somewhere that pressing the 'g' key on the keyboard turns off the grid, anyone tried that?

#12 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 11:01 AM
Shane,for now I am unable to do anything with "g" and the grid.But Tried to press "g" as I was in buildmode and it didn't help(me,because I am stupid and probably not deserve any help...)
However QBUILDERZ 's trick works fine and its a perfect way of taking pics without the gridlines. Hugs.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#13 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 11:43 AM
Wow, VERY lucky canoodle! And I heard this "G" key too, I will play around with it to see if I can get results

Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#14 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:28 PM
Live mode game camera= no gridlines. Build mode, I would imagine Q's solution to be the best!

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.