Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:57 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night
Weight option doesn't work?
When I go into "Make a Sim" mode and make a sim, if their weight is anything other than average then their limbs "shift". For example, I tried to make a slightly overweight sim and her torso shifted forward over her legs, while her feet below the ankles shifted backwards behind her legs, and her head is shifted in a strange way to the right of the torso... !!!

I thought it might just be my Sim, but other Sims around the neighborhood who are clearly supposed to be very thin or fat also have this weird shifted body. They look like magician's assistants after being sawed in half!

I have all graphics set at their highest level, with no other gameplay issues. Is this a common problem or do I have to reinstall the game?

0_o
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:29 AM
Definately not a common problem. Although joint shifting has been seen on toddlers, it's not been seen on anything else.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 12:34 PM
I have seen it once, in an adult sim - but not in my game, and I have no idea if it was fixed. I'm afraid we don't really know enough yet to suggest anything but a reinstall.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:32 PM
Aw man... do you guys know if there's a way to save the sim I already made, like for Sims 2?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:42 PM
Well, you can backup My Docs/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. I don't know if the sim will still be broken after reinstalling or not, though.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by redleigh86
When I go into "Make a Sim" mode and make a sim, if their weight is anything other than average then their limbs "shift". For example, I tried to make a slightly overweight sim and her torso shifted forward over her legs, while her feet below the ankles shifted backwards behind her legs, and her head is shifted in a strange way to the right of the torso... !!!

I thought it might just be my Sim, but other Sims around the neighborhood who are clearly supposed to be very thin or fat also have this weird shifted body. They look like magician's assistants after being sawed in half!

I have all graphics set at their highest level, with no other gameplay issues. Is this a common problem or do I have to reinstall the game?

0_o

I get the same exact problem and have no idea why. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you reinstall the game? Did it work?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Laiusky85
I get the same exact problem and have no idea why. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you reinstall the game? Did it work?

Alright, here are all the things I tried to fix this:

1. back up saves

2. do the ridiculously involved uninstall process as EA described, to the letter (why the hell didn't they do the typical uninstall?! it's like they WANT to anger people!)

3. reinstall the game... which had to be done by running the install program via the "run" box, since the game doesn't uninstall normally and so reinstalling normally doesn't work either.

4. run game - PROBLEM STILL THERE!

5. Call EA, wait 30 minutes (obviously there's a lot of problems with this!), explain problem to tech. Tech explains my display driver must have to be updated - and then says that's the ONLY reason such a problem would occur, given the fact the game runs perfectly in all other ways, on high, no problems.

6. Attempt to update driver, have to call laptop techs, who explain I'm not the first person to call about updating drivers for Sims3 Oh my. Am given update to driver.

7. Driver updates, restart computer, start game... and problem is STILL there.

So, I'm sorry, but after a day of trying to solve the issue, it's yet to be resolved I've given up! The weight/height function is one of the reason I bought the game, and without it, it's practically the same game as Sims2, but irritating...

Thanks for the responses guys! I'll keep checking this thread in hopes that a solution is found.
Test Subject
#8 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 6:37 AM
Having the same problem, downloaded this patch but it dosent seem to work... check out my pics and see if were having the same problems.

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/...reenshot-17.jpg

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/...reenshot-16.jpg

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/...reenshot-14.jpg

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/...reenshot-13.jpg

also i heard this solves the problem for the time being

1. go into create a sim
2. use your sliders make sure they arent workin(like musscle and weight)
3. press ctrl+alt+esc at the same time
4(this will take you from the game onto your desktop) then re-enter the game at the bottom of your screen it will have the sims 3 icon and it will say sims 3
5. When you click the bar on your taskbar, you will enter the sims 3 with the problem solved for the time being
6. inorder to keep this for happening untill a patch is released, use this it worked for me.

ALSO IM USING VISTA (A.K.A PC NOT MAC)