Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:21 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations
change appearance?
I'd like to change the appearance of a Sim already in the game. I clicked on a mirror hoping for the "change appearance" option that was available in Sims 2, but no such option was there. Surely I must be able to change something like hair style. What am I missing?

BREAKING NEWS! Toilet stolen from police station. The cops have nothing to go on.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:24 PM
Err, there is a change appearance option on mirrors where you can change hair and makeup. Click harder?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:28 PM
How odd..The only options I have are practice speech, gussy up, and one other (check appearance maybe?). I don't think my vision has gotten THAT bad.

BREAKING NEWS! Toilet stolen from police station. The cops have nothing to go on.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:35 PM
Try a different mirror?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:18 AM
I think if your sim has the INSANE trait it will not let you choose the appearance/clothing properly.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:43 AM
also, if a sim is pregnat, she cannot change her looks in the mirror til after the baby is born, at least i can't.
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kittielickie
also, if a sim is pregnat, she cannot change her looks in the mirror til after the baby is born, at least i can't.

Yup that's true... For some reason you can't change your maternity outfits. They just randomly assign clothes for you, I think.