Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2021 at 7:18 PM
Default Desk Sitting Position
I have a new desk mesh but the place they sit is wrong, in the middle of the desk but it should be on the right. How do I fix this?
Advertisement
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 1st May 2021 at 10:48 PM
There should be a container slot for the chair which you can move to the side with Tsrw. 
Alternatively you can use a desk that has the chair at the side like you want as a base. Might be easier especially if there's also a routing slot to move? 
But if you need to manually move the slots, it will be container slot where the chair goes, and possibly a routing slot for the sim to walk to 
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2021 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
There should be a container slot for the chair which you can move to the side with Tsrw. 
Alternatively you can use a desk that has the chair at the side like you want as a base. Might be easier especially if there's also a routing slot to move? 
But if you need to manually move the slots, it will be container slot where the chair goes, and possibly a routing slot for the sim to walk to 

Hmm, didn't even think about that routing slot. If necessary is it possible to manually move that slot as well in tsrw?
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#4 Old 2nd May 2021 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by t888
Hmm, didn't even think about that routing slot. If necessary is it possible to manually move that slot as well in tsrw?
Yep should be the same thing as moving any other slot! 
Actually the other thing that might be necessary is also moving the joint that the slot is parented to. Looking at DeskContemporary, I think there are three things you will need to move:
Joint - cntm_4_chr
Slot Entry - cntm_4_chr (same place as joint)
Joint - route_0_std_N which is just slightly further forward than the other two

So if you move all three of them to the side, hopefully that will work for you! You can always compare a side-sitting desk to see if there's anything else that needs moving around