Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Moses Basket With Stand

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 18th Dec 2008 at 3:32 AM - Updated 3rd Apr 2015 at 12:49 AM by HugeLunatic

107 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 86 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Forum Resident
#26 Old 18th Dec 2008 at 7:44 PM
Wow HP! This is fantastic! Thanks!

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Helptato
#27 Old 18th Dec 2008 at 7:55 PM
this is so gorgeous!

I love the way that its the perfect size for a baby, and its for infants only!

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 18th Dec 2008 at 9:11 PM
what a simple but cute cradle! thanks, hp!
Test Subject
#29 Old 18th Dec 2008 at 10:13 PM
This is great! My royal medieval couple just had twins, so this will be perfect. Thanks!

~ttfn~
Instructor
#30 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 12:12 AM
I like this alot ,Thanks for sharing :D

"Inspiration,It comes not when you want it.But when you least expect it to!"
Instructor
#31 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 2:21 AM
E X C E L L A N T ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !!
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#32 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 3:04 AM
Aww, shucks it turned out so sweet! All ready for a buttery little niblet. hehe

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Instructor
#33 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 6:56 AM
This is too cute! Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 12:00 PM
I am so bad. My game isn't even installed and I'm sitting here downloading. Oh well. I REALLY like this. It is so CUTE.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 4:47 PM
this is the best. I hate hsving my sims travel all over the house with the babies, now we can put this in the living or family room and the baby is within a few feet of mommy and daddy!
Great idea!
Thanks!

remember it takes more muscles to frown than to smile!!!
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#36 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 4:47 AM
This is one of those perfect objects - absolutely gorgeous HP ty for sharing! =)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Test Subject
#37 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 4:03 PM
I can not select the bed and the parents won't put the infant in the bed. Help!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 4:26 PM
suzymarie - I tested it and it was working fine for me... Don Lothario had a lovely baby girl and put her in it on numerous occasions as I was testing and re-testing. Did you buy the basket (or try to use it) right after the sim was giving birth? I was unable to click on the basket to do anything with it right as the sim gave birth but after the give birth action finished, it worked okay. Otherwise, can you give me a little more info to try to track it down, such as what expansion packs you have, and whether you've tried it with no other custom content whatsoever?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#39 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 6:39 PM Last edited by suzymarie : 20th Dec 2008 at 7:41 PM.
So, how I understand it, it can be used only immediately after birth. I've been using the 'Far From Perfect' infant bed which acts differently, you can use it anytime, sorry, didn't see anything written in the description that said that. Should it be placed in the house before she gives birth too then, so it activates?

edit: I just tried it the way you described, but still no result. New family, new baby, and she put the baby on the floor instead of the crib when I made the baby tired. Don't know what to do next.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 9:32 PM
suzymarie - It can be used right after birth - you just have to wait till the actual birthing action finishes before the sim giving birth can interact with the basket. I mentioned it as in my testing, I bought the basket right as the sim had given birth, before the action finished and when I flipped back and tried to interact with the basket, still paused, it was unclickable. Had to wait till the birth action dropped from the queue before it'd work. But it sounds like you're having a different issue. Can you try it with no other custom content in temporarily, just to test? And if that doesn't work, let me know which EPs you have so I can test the same setup with the AnyGameStarter.

If anyone else is having similar troubles please let me know. Not sure why this would occur (or when I'll have time to fix it) but I'll try to track it down if it;s a problem on my end.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#41 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 10:20 PM
I have alot of custom content to remove. I have up to FreeTime EP. I did try to interact after birth, but still could not use it. I did wait. Isn't there any way to use the same properties as the 'Far From Perfect' infant crib into this one? That crib allows only the infant to be placed in it without choosing who to put in it. I really like the style of your bed and will keep up with your thread here to see if you can come up with an updated version, thank you.
Test Subject
#42 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
suzymarie - It can be used right after birth - you just have to wait till the actual birthing action finishes before the sim giving birth can interact with the basket. I mentioned it as in my testing, I bought the basket right as the sim had given birth, before the action finished and when I flipped back and tried to interact with the basket, still paused, it was unclickable. Had to wait till the birth action dropped from the queue before it'd work. But it sounds like you're having a different issue. Can you try it with no other custom content in temporarily, just to test? And if that doesn't work, let me know which EPs you have so I can test the same setup with the AnyGameStarter.

If anyone else is having similar troubles please let me know. Not sure why this would occur (or when I'll have time to fix it) but I'll try to track it down if it;s a problem on my end.

I am also unable to use it, not sure if it's a conflict or what the deal is. I am unable to select it or have my sims put a baby in it at all. I have all expansion & stuff packs through AL. I love this basket, so I will check back, too. I have a *ton* of custom content, so the prob may be with something in there & not specifically this item, just really dunno, haven't had this problem with any other cribs. Great job on it anyways, it looks great, & I hope it will work for me soon.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 11:36 PM
This looks so cute in my game!
Test Subject
#44 Old 24th Dec 2008 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie
I can not select the bed and the parents won't put the infant in the bed. Help!

I am also having the same problem - I have the expansion packs ... university , open for business , pets , and seasons - and I have the stuff pack family fun stuff.

I hope it helps you figure out whats causing the problem . you did a great job on these and I hope to be able to use them soon . thanks
Mad Poster
#45 Old 25th Dec 2008 at 2:03 AM
Sometimes my Sims will use the basket, other times they won't. It seems that if I buy it too soon after the baby is born, it's not clickable.

My Sims used it for their most recent baby, but they didn't like to actually put the baby in it themselves. They ended up standing around, passing the baby like a hot potato until I told them to put it in the basket. They eventually got the idea (weird!) and started doing it on their own.

But the nanny does not like this object. The first thing she did when she arrived was take the baby out and put her on the floor!
Test Subject
#46 Old 25th Dec 2008 at 7:38 AM
Thank you soo much, but every time I have a kid, I put them in it, they become a toddler, and my sims have another kid, and the infant can't go in the Basket! Always on my 2nd kid it makes them not be able to go in it.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 25th Dec 2008 at 3:13 PM
Mkay, well, I will look into the issues as soon as I can. However, I just had a baby myself (a real one - this is based on his real moses basket - his is the dark wood and cream version) so I haven't been on my gaming PC since then, and I'm much more concerned with taking care of my new little bundle of joy than worrying about pixel dollies right now. Thus, it may be a while before I have the time and inclination to do troubleshooting. Apologies for any troubles ya'll might be having - I'm much more experienced with the sim content than objects so my objects tend to have a few hiccups at first.

Lab Assistant
#48 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 2:31 AM
Brilliant HP; these are adorable! Many Thanks!

"If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague."
Test Subject
#49 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Mkay, well, I will look into the issues as soon as I can. However, I just had a baby myself (a real one - this is based on his real moses basket - his is the dark wood and cream version) so I haven't been on my gaming PC since then, and I'm much more concerned with taking care of my new little bundle of joy than worrying about pixel dollies right now. Thus, it may be a while before I have the time and inclination to do troubleshooting. Apologies for any troubles ya'll might be having - I'm much more experienced with the sim content than objects so my objects tend to have a few hiccups at first.

Awww, of course everyone understands & congrats on your new lil one!
Mad Poster
#50 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 6:06 AM
First I want to congratulate you on your new little family member. Best of luck for you all now and in the future.

Second, I really love moses cribs in the game and RL, so I downloaded this. It worked fine, the nanny used it (I was in shock). When the infant grew to toddler I know it couldn't be used. A day later the mom had a new infant and I wanted to use the moses crib, but I couldn't select it. I did buy another one, but couldn't use it either. So I guess it is okay for a first baby, not the 2nd one?

This was a great idea and I absolutely love it, but RL comes first, especially with the family. Hope someone can fix it. Thanks for the hard work.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Page 2 of 5