Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 8:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default I think the store ripped me off?
I just received my version of the game, registered, and started downloading the stuff from the store with the points I get when purchasing the game.

The download failed for more than half of the items I bought (it just skipped the items when was their turn and put a "X" on the status). It didn't give me the option to try download again or something, so I closed the laucher and opened it again.

The failed items just vanished and the points were not returned! Anyone knows something about this?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 8:43 PM
After I registered the game I had to go to my email and click on the thank you email thing EA sent me before I could sucessfully get my simpoints activated. Once it is sucessfully activated, if the install fails you can delete the item and redownload, as the download manager keeps account of all you download and your simpoints. So you have to have both the EADM on the disk and the email thank you activated to get all your freebies and have them install. I was able to install the hood without the email, but none of the simpoints stuff went through until I clicked the email.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 8:50 PM
Of course the store ripped you off, it's charging you for content that should have been in the game. If you didn't want to get ripped off, you shouldn't have tried to use the store.

Regarding technical difficulties with it, though, nothing to do with us - you'll have to contact EA.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 8:58 PM
Quote:
After I registered the game I had to go to my email and click on the thank you email thing EA sent me before I could sucessfully get my simpoints activated. Once it is sucessfully activated, if the install fails you can delete the item and redownload, as the download manager keeps account of all you download and your simpoints. So you have to have both the EADM on the disk and the email thank you activated to get all your freebies and have them install. I was able to install the hood without the email, but none of the simpoints stuff went through until I clicked the email.

I had them activeted and bought a bunch of items. Some of them randomly gave me an error and just vanished. And I still lost my points Thanks for helping, it was very nice of you.

Quote:
Of course the store ripped you off, it's charging you for content that should have been in the game. If you didn't want to get ripped off, you shouldn't have tried to use the store. Regarding technical difficulties with it, though, nothing to do with us - you'll have to contact EA.

I'm using the points that came with the game.

As for the other half of the reply, I'm sorry if I offended you posting this before contacting EA, wich is not exactly known for it's great responses on costumer's help. I was right when I thought I would get one reply trying to help me.
Locked thread | Locked by: Canoodle Reason: We are not support for the EA Store