Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:57 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural
My computer freeze when I play after 10 minutes - 1 hour
My computer system:

Base: GA-EP43-DS3L
Processor: Intel Core2 Duo E7300 2,66 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Winchester: 240 GB HDD
Free space: 100 GB on C driver
Videocard: ATI Radeon HD4670 1024 MB GDDR3
Soundcard: Realtek Integral 8CH

My game is original, not copy or downloaded.
The videocard and soundcard have the newest driver.
The whole computer is new, I bought it one month ago.
The problem is not overheeting, I always checked with Everest. CPU's max temperature was 35, videocard's 47.
I don't think it's a videocard problem neither Sims 2 runs with it perfectly and I don't have nothing problem with other programs or with the graphics.
The Sims 3 runs with maximum set quick and without any graphics error.

First my game just exit without any notification.
Later in game the screen become black and then grey and then black... It seemed it couldn't load back the screen but trying.
Now the main problem is the game freeze after 10 minutes, but the longest time I could play was 1 hour.
But not jut my game freeze but the whole computer, I have no mouse or keyboard so I have to restart.
I noticed that the most freezes in CAS and after or during saving.

We call the EA Games Help Desk they said I should do these things:
- Delete Daemon Tools from my computer.
- In Catalyst Control Center make Antialiasing enabled.
- Delete Sims 2 folder from Documents.

All done. The problem the same.
I tried out and the game and the computer froze after 10 minutes during saving.
What should I do?? I buy my game and I want to play with it, but temporarily it just suffer!

Please help!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:35 PM
Sims 2 folder? Are you talking about Sims 2 or Sims 3? Because this forum is called "Sims 3 Help"...

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:38 PM
Yes. Sims 2 folder. And yes I know this is Sims 3 help, because I have this problem with Sims 3 not with Sims 2.
"I don't think it's a videocard problem neither Sims 2 runs with it perfectly ..."
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 7:49 PM
Er... EA told you to delete your TS2 userfiles to help with a TS3 problem? That sounds highly unlikely. Not that EA giving you TS3 advice is particularly likely to help either.

Hmm. It's very odd that this is happening only with TS3. Have you got My Documents on a secondary or external hard drive? Have you double-checked that TS3.exe has full access rights if you're on Vista?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 8:45 PM Last edited by Lorea : 8th Jun 2009 at 10:15 PM.
"Er... EA told you to delete your TS2 userfiles to help with a TS3 problem? That sounds highly unlikely."
I know what they told. I called Tech Support - their number is in the end of the manual book. Why do I tell lies about it? It has no sense.

I don't have Vista, I have Windows XP.
My Documents is where it has to be, on C driver.

Someone else can help me? Please!
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 9:06 PM
Lorea,

Don't be so touchy. Whiterider didn't say that you lied, they just thought the advice given to you was suspect because Sims 2 folder in My documents is in the EA Games folder but Sims 3 is in a folder called Electronic Arts and so the 2 folders should have nothing to do with each other.

My question is what screen resolution do you have Sims3 set at? By default in my game it's 1024 x 768, in Options I changed it to 1280 x 1024 and while the images are sharper for me I notice the time lags a little bit.

When you start the game go to Options and try setting the resolution to a lower one and maybe change the default refresh rate to a lower one and see if it will play.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 10:19 PM
I am touchy but she wrote me rude things with nice words. Never mind.

I think my screen resolution is 1280 x 1024 and the game is quick.
But I'll try it with lower resolution and I'll see what happens.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 11:01 PM
I don't think she meant that you were lying, just that perhaps you misunderstood - or that EA was confused or mistaken. Deleting TS2 files would do absolutely nothing to affect TS3 -unless- you had very little hard drive space, and it wouldn't matter whether you deleted TS2 files or your music collection or whatever as long as you freed up -some- space. She wasn't trying to be rude to you - just a bit of a misunderstanding.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I don't think she meant that you were lying, just that perhaps you misunderstood - or that EA was confused or mistaken. Deleting TS2 files would do absolutely nothing to affect TS3 -unless- you had very little hard drive space, and it wouldn't matter whether you deleted TS2 files or your music collection or whatever as long as you freed up -some- space. She wasn't trying to be rude to you - just a bit of a misunderstanding.

Ok, just I didn't understand why is that so important what they told me. For me the most important thing that I can't play..