Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster/Slower and/or Hidden Skills! (Updated for Into The Future/1.67) - UPDATE: 19/7/14

by gesimz Posted 9th Sep 2012 at 3:23 PM - Updated 19th Jul 2014 at 2:52 AM by gesimz

382 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 227 Feedback Posts, 154 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 16
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 24th Sep 2012 at 9:56 AM
Thankyou so much! :D
Is there any way I can stop my horses from gaining their skills fast? I like to train them up!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#52 Old 24th Sep 2012 at 10:37 AM Last edited by gesimz : 24th Sep 2012 at 1:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Asariel
Thankyou so much! :D
Is there any way I can stop my horses from gaining their skills fast? I like to train them up!

Which version of the mod are you using? I could add a specific version that excludes Pet Skills from being sped up if requested.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gesimz
It's strange because if your game is set up correctly to read mods: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Setup_and_Files then normally, the mod should work fine without issue, unless there is something else out of the ordinary that's causing the issue.

You tried going through everything here to try and resolve the problem? http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...s/Not%20Working

Yea, I am not new at this either, I have been modding the sims since there was mods out.
That is why I do not understand the issue..literally everything in the package folder works correctly except this one, and the debugenabler.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#54 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ninjette
Yea, I am not new at this either, I have been modding the sims since there was mods out.
That is why I do not understand the issue..literally everything in the package folder works correctly except this one, and the debugenabler.

You tried using the Dashboard tool: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006 to see if there is a problem in terms of conflicts? Do you have a 2nd tuning mod file in your .packages file that also edits the Skills XML file?
Test Subject
#55 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 10:01 PM
I downloaded and tried this mod out fine, but I noticed a huge problem. I adore simbots and converted an entire town into them. Simbots, ghosts, and mummies seem to be unable to gain any skills at all from the mod. So it was a great problem when my entire town was no longer gaining any skills. Worked for all other types of sims, but just not the ones I have many of.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 11:41 PM Last edited by gesimz : 30th Sep 2012 at 1:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by splinterstar
I downloaded and tried this mod out fine, but I noticed a huge problem. I adore simbots and converted an entire town into them. Simbots, ghosts, and mummies seem to be unable to gain any skills at all from the mod. So it was a great problem when my entire town was no longer gaining any skills. Worked for all other types of sims, but just not the ones I have many of.

Which version were you using in particular?

Also, what method are you obtaining the Occults, Twallans Master Controller, Treeags SimTransformer or another way and what skills did you try in particular?

I'll post my results for testing based on the 90%FasterSkills+HiddenSkills version:

EDIT 1: Tested Occult Mummies, seem to level up and gain skill fine with the objects I tested with.
EDIT 2: Tested Occult Ghosts, seem to level up and gain skill fine with the objects I tested with.
EDIT 3: Tested Occult Simbots, seem to level up and gain skill fine with the objects I tested with.

However, from my testing, I have noticed an issue with one of the objects, the Dart Board from Late Night. The Skill bar appears but the skill does not appear when the skill is unhidden and you progress to the next level. I'm going to test this with a standalone hidden skills unlocked mod to see whether the issue occurs there also.

EDIT 4: Testing the Dart Board with a Hidden Skills unlocked only mod, it was confirmed that there definitely seems to be a problem with the Dart Board that isn't related to my mod.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#57 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 8:27 AM
this mod doesnt seem to work properly. it doesnt calculate the skill level properly. for example....my sim will have level 6 cooking and the message will pop up and say she has level 8!!! it will tell me she maxed out her cooking skill but in the menu it only shows her having level 7 and she cant progress any further. after the sims skill bar fills up it doesnt empty again...it starts from half full and sometimes im notified that they have gained another skill before the bar has even been filled.....

btw im up tocdate with all patches and i dont have any other skill mods
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 9:21 AM Last edited by gesimz : 7th Oct 2012 at 9:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by NeonSim
this mod doesnt seem to work properly. it doesnt calculate the skill level properly. for example....my sim will have level 6 cooking and the message will pop up and say she has level 8!!! it will tell me she maxed out her cooking skill but in the menu it only shows her having level 7 and she cant progress any further. after the sims skill bar fills up it doesnt empty again...it starts from half full and sometimes im notified that they have gained another skill before the bar has even been filled.....

btw im up tocdate with all patches and i dont have any other skill mods

Which version are you using specifically?

The erratic skill bar filling is a normal symptom with this kind of mod that alters the time it takes to progress to another level in a certain skill (particularly when you are using one of the fastest variants of the mod).

However, the cooking skill only showing a certain level of skill (i.e. level 7) and not going up/being able to progress any more in the Skills menu seems odd.

Tell me which version you're using so I can look into and see if there's an issue.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 1:36 PM
A million thanks! I have been waiting for an update to this mod forever! It is so much better not waiting forever and a day to increase a skill
Test Subject
#60 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 4:54 PM
Does this work with your faster inventig/sculpting/nectar making? I love those but it would be great if I could use them all together or at least with the nectar options (suish+pushbutton+runtime+morebottlesx10)!!
Thanks for all our great mods!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#61 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bruxinha18
Does this work with your faster inventig/sculpting/nectar making? I love those but it would be great if I could use them all together or at least with the nectar options (suish+pushbutton+runtime+morebottlesx10)!!
Thanks for all our great mods!

They edit different resources, so the Faster Skills, Inventing and Nectar Making mods can all be used at the same time without issue.
Test Subject
#62 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 10:45 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#63 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 5:24 PM
You are the
Test Subject
#64 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 7:27 PM
are u going to update this mode for game update 1.42? i hope so.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 30th Oct 2012 at 2:48 AM Last edited by gesimz : 31st Oct 2012 at 3:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by poetessmo822
are u going to update this mode for game update 1.42? i hope so.

Thanks for the heads up RE: the new patch.

Yes, I intend to update it for the new patch.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#66 Old 30th Oct 2012 at 3:14 AM Last edited by gesimz : 2nd Nov 2012 at 10:28 PM.
All 14 files have now been updated (took me less time than expected) and should be compatible with Seasons/1.42 and the new skills of Skating, Snowboarding, Horseshoes, BallFighting and Diving (if using a hidden skills unlocked variant right now) upon release.

Let me know in the comments if you experience any issues.
Test Subject
#67 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gesimz
All 14 files have now been updated (took me less time than expected) and should be compatible with Seasons/1.42 and the new skills of Skating, Snowboarding, Horseshoes, BallFighting and Diving (if using a hidden skills unlocked variant right now) upon release.

Let me know in the comments if you experience any issues.

First, i want to thank you for this mod
second, it is not working with 1.42, my sim keeps reseting when use the diving board for the second time , i am sure this mod is the cause of the problem, i remove the mod and everthing return to normal
Test Subject
#68 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 7:48 PM
Works great!!! So glad there is an updated mod to this! I hate waiting around forever trying to increase skills!!!! Kudos! Great mod!!

~Desiree~

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#69 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 9:40 PM Last edited by gesimz : 2nd Nov 2012 at 10:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by visa2012
First, i want to thank you for this mod
second, it is not working with 1.42, my sim keeps reseting when use the diving board for the second time , i am sure this mod is the cause of the problem, i remove the mod and everthing return to normal

EDIT: Just made a discovery. Check this post for details: http://www.modthesims.info/download...226#post3998226 (i.e. the post directly below)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#70 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 10:00 PM Last edited by gesimz : 3rd Nov 2012 at 2:22 AM.
I've just noticed a small typo will the diving code. Prior to Seasons, it used to be set to level 5 in the file in terms of the maximum skill level you could reach with diving.

Now, the maximum level you can progress now with the Skill is only level 2.

So its the number 5 (rather than 2) that is probably causing the issues with the diving board because the game (with this mod) is being instructed to proceed up another level yet there isn't code for those extra 3 levels which would probably be causing the interaction to not work properly.

I'll fix this now.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#71 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 10:28 PM Last edited by gesimz : 3rd Nov 2012 at 7:22 AM.
UPDATE: 02/11/12 - RE-DOWNLOAD (if you downloaded the updated version between 31/10/12 and 2/10/12), have corrected an issue that might have been causing the diving board to not work properly after one use.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 8:14 PM
Thank you very much :D
Test Subject
#73 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 8:49 PM
I cannot get it to work after I did the last update ... even after I downloaded the new version... Its a great mod though I just do not know what I did wrong
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#74 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Garratte26
I cannot get it to work after I did the last update ... even after I downloaded the new version... Its a great mod though I just do not know what I did wrong

Have you set your game up correctly to read mods?

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Setup_and_Files
Test Subject
#75 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 6:30 PM
Yes im using other mods also, And I have not put any other mod that alters the skills or books in the folder.
Page 3 of 16