Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 3:06 AM
Default Looking for New Ideas
If anyone has any ideas for the group, projects, challenges, tips threads, etc.- please post here. We have been a bit sleepy lately, so how can we wake things up and engage members?

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 11:22 PM
All my ideas are walking around CaW project. But since I don't have S3 installed, i can just recommend here but without to support.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Alchemist
#3 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 1:36 PM
Recommendations can be helpful too.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#4 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 5:08 PM
I guess since the current creator theme is Mid Century Modern, it would be natural to ask what members were possibly creating for that or having difficulties with. How is the Petlandia project coming along?(That could be another way to infuse energy into the group).
Scholar
#5 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 5:48 PM
I've been having a lot of fun creating community lots on various themes. I made a splash park for summer and I'm thinking of making haunted woods or a bonfire park for autumn. I've made a playground/sports park for Champs les Sims and a pool and a sex segregated gym for Al Simhara. I'm thinking very hard about what to make for Shang Simla.
Theorist
#6 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
I guess since the current creator theme is Mid Century Modern, it would be natural to ask what members were possibly creating for that or having difficulties with. How is the Petlandia project coming along?(That could be another way to infuse energy into the group).

The only one difficult I saw was caused by style determination. But usually I see people don't care of any help and prefer to share creations without any asking.

If @Cutsocks can be here. I would like him to share his house made fer Crumplebottom's challenge just because it is really suits Mid-century theme.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Alchemist
#7 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
The only one difficult I saw was caused by style determination. But usually I see people don't care of any help and prefer to share creations without any asking.

Mid-century has a broad spectrum, it's pretty versatile. As long as it looks sleek and thin it could theoretically pass as Mid-century.

At least that's my internet-informed view of it, I don't know what the experts think.

#8 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 8:23 PM Last edited by fascisthater : 13th Aug 2019 at 9:30 PM.
I think that concete, steel, and glass were the common building materials in Mid Century structures. They also seem to follow the mantra "form follows function".

I saw this building in a cat treat commercial if anyone wants to try it for that theme as it seems to fit.
Screenshots
Instructor
#9 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
If @Cutsocks can be here. I would like him to share his house made fer Crumplebottom's challenge just because it is really suits Mid-century theme.

I can do that. Before I took a break (which was due to the Sims launcher being stupid and not letting me log in, though it has somehow fixed itself...), I was working on a bunch of variants on smaller lots. The three 20x20 are mostly finished. I might up load those as well.

I just hate taking screenshots so much.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#10 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 7:43 PM
That's an already good looking street right there.

I probably won't upload for this theme either. Haven't really touched the Sims for a while now. But I'm checking in here every day still, so I'm secretly hoping for more stuff from you guys :p

#11 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 12:48 AM
I've kind of had ideas for making a set of lots that could be arranged into a military base floating around my head for a while, but never seem to actually find the spark I need to go and start them... Seems like that could be a good one for a variety of skill levels, if you're still looking for ideas...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 3:07 AM
@Zarathustra Tell us more, like some examples of the type of lots that could be included

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Mad Poster
#13 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 3:42 AM
I mostly started coming at this from having often thought how unrealistic it is for the enlisted ranks of SimNation's military to just be living in the suburbs instead of on a base, so things like barracks and on-base housing would be a place to start. Community lots could include things like parade grounds or infirmaries, and then training grounds with plenty of obstacle courses and the like, and space for calisthenics and the drilling with weapons or in formation and the like, and an airfield of sorts for military helicopters to land and be maintained at (full disclosure- I have absolutely no personal connection to the military at all, so I could easily be getting my stereotypes horribly wrong(and probably am)- sorry) It seems like integrating a fair amount of the Intelligence career track into this kind of project could work well too, so having electronics-heavy surveillance posts or operations centers could also be interesting. From an aesthetic standpoint I actually really like how the SimCity 4 Military Base looks for the regular military side, and how their top-secret Area 5.1 location looks for the intelligence/top secret side, so in my mind I've been envisioning something along those lines.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Theorist
#14 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 9:06 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 28th Aug 2019 at 2:50 PM.
Great idea, Zara. but it is tend to look much more like neighboorhood then separated lot. I remember rewards of military career. There could has a secret zone of fascility research. So it also make a sence.
I wish this could be built like University one. This could made it not only as decoration, but partly functional too. Something like tech university with frech name as functional base.