Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 2:18 PM
Default Help Reading Jazz Script
hello everyone! i'm working on making some animated animals, following Lyralei's fantastic C# and Jazz Script tutorial. Since I am only animating an object, not a sim, and i want the animation to be constant from startup, I'm having a few issues.

I thought it might be helpful to take a look at an EA script that already does what I want - for example the windmill. Now I can find and read the script using ILSpy BUT when I try to open the jazz script in SmoothJazz i get the following error -

Does anyone know a way I can read this file? Or perhaps how to "fix" the file so that SmoothJazz can open it?

I'm grateful for any help, thank you!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 2:37 PM
I think this happens when you try to open the .jazz resource itself from SmoothJazz. If you open the package file with smooth jazz, you should be able to select the jazz file you want and view it that way.
At least from my experience it doesn't seem to be able to open the jazz resources on their own, only through a package.

Hope it works! 
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 2:01 AM
thank you so much for your super speedy response!! this sounds promising, i haven’t tried that yet! i’ll give it a go when i get home from work and hopefully everything goes well
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
I think this happens when you try to open the .jazz resource itself from SmoothJazz. If you open the package file with smooth jazz, you should be able to select the jazz file you want and view it that way.
At least from my experience it doesn't seem to be able to open the jazz resources on their own, only through a package.

Hope it works! 

yay it worked!!! thank you so much for your help