Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 7:19 AM Last edited by justJones : 17th Jan 2015 at 7:55 PM.
Default 8 Sims 1 Toilet
This is a time management challenge.

Move 8 new sims into a starter home.
Achieve work promotion for at least one adult sim before any deaths or puddles occur.

The home can be of any floor-plan within budget, but there should be one bathroom only, which should contain at least,
* one toilet
* one hand-basin
* one shower or bath
There should be no more than one extra sink.
All appliances and furniture in the house should be the cheapest available.

The sims can be any personality, but should not be related to each other, or married.
Kids are allowed.

Sims can work on skills to achieve promotions, but they are only allowed to improve their 'handy' skills by working on broken appliances.

You may not replace the toilet. If it breaks (and it will ) One of the sims must mend it using the skills they have

No cheats which affect gameplay.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have been playing this challenge since I made mad scientist octuplet household in sims one and I don't think I've managed to do it yet!!
This is more fun with a very low budget & in sims 4 the sims will sit on beds to do most things so I've been playing with minimal furniture.

This is the first time I've shared this challenge, so I don't know if it is original, or will make sense.
Any questions are welcome.
Also, if there are any glaringly obvious workarounds which I as a duff player never worked out, and you wish to suggest a rule change to cover that please do!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 12:53 AM
HAHAHAHAA as soon as I purchase the game I am going to try this out hahahAHA
#3 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 5:55 AM
I've already played something similar to this - very similar and I must say that whoever does it is in for some 'fun times' ()

The way I decided who fixed what broken appliance was by randomly picking a number between 1-8 (each of my sims were called One Sim, Two Sim) and so on, and whatever number it is the sim with that number, no matter if they are tired, hungry or whatever, they had to do the fixing when an item broke.

Just thought I'd mention it as it's an interesting spin on deciding who repairs what and when.
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 5:39 PM
:3 My Game Just Finished Updating, Have Not Played In A While, THIS IS MY FIRST CHALLENGE!
Test Subject
#5 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 7:25 PM
Omfg i did this yesturday but everyone was related, i didn't see the point of random people in a house. Waste of my "Legacy" time lol.

But the annoying thing was that everyone wanted to hang out in the bathroom!? I got two pregger women needing to go every 2 min, a kid that is obsessed with taking a bath everyday, a dad that likes to do his stretches before a jog in the bathroom, and a grandfather that desperately has to psych himself out in the mirror before going to work at his crappy job.

Lol, this challenge gets on your nerves quick. Lol