Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 1:34 PM
how can I make glass walls?
HI. I've done a tut on how to make glass tiles and it worked fine. Now I would like to know how to make glass walls..with a tint to them.
I tried to use the tile tut but it didn't work for walls. Didn't think it would but I had to try. SO I was wondering if there were any tuts on how to make glass walls. I really didn't want frames on them, just clear . If possible. Well actually I have seen them somewhere but I can't find them now. Plus I would like to know how to make them myself . Any help appreciated.
Babu
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 1:50 PM
Are you thinking of Numenor's wall-windows? http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=70222

Not a wall in the build section, but they give you that look, with all of the advantages of a real wall, a real window and fantastic shapes.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#3 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 4:45 PM
It's not possible to create a real glass wall; you can only mimic a glass wall by placing a full-height window over it. That's what I have done with the WallWindow set mentioned by Bluetaxbonnie.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
It's not possible to create a real glass wall; you can only mimic a glass wall by placing a full-height window over it. That's what I have done with the WallWindow set mentioned by Bluetaxbonnie.

Well I want to make it any way I can. A full window will do fine.
The ones you made look great. I'll try them.thanks.
Are there any tuts on creating a full window? I'd like to try to make my own so I can make changes to how it looks. Thanks for your help.
Babu
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluetexasbonnie
Are you thinking of Numenor's wall-windows? http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=70222

Not a wall in the build section, but they give you that look, with all of the advantages of a real wall, a real window and fantastic shapes.

No, I never saw those but they are cool ,thanks for your help.
Babu