Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2020 at 3:08 PM
Default Hole in Floor
As you can see in the attached picture I have a hole in the second story floor of my house and I can not get it to close.
I can't place anything under the hole

I have tried:
Placing stairs
Placing a ladder
Using a column
demo-ing the floor and redoing it.
Checking with Buydebug if something was hidden in the way.

I am not even able to place anything under it with MoveObjects on, though I can place things on top of the hole.
Any suggestions?
Screenshots

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Advertisement
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 10th May 2020 at 3:32 PM
Maybe try levelling it out with constrainfloorelevation false?
Edit: actually I'm guessing that wouldn't work if deleting a redoing the floor didn't work.

It's almost as if the game thinks there is a ladder there...
Perhaps resetting the lot with master controller, or saving it and re placing it down might do the trick?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th May 2020 at 4:29 PM
I have saved and replaced the lot, but that didn't work either.
I will try resetting in game later.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
dodgy builder
#4 Old 10th May 2020 at 5:35 PM
Some worlds has had reports if twisted lots. Can you place the lot in a different world to fix the issue?
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#5 Old 10th May 2020 at 8:36 PM
You might try leveling the ground underneath the whole lot with CFE false(turn back to true when done) cause if the lot wasn't perfectly flat to begin with it sometimes causes build issues. If you saved a lot with an uneven ground, it would still be on uneven ground when you placed the save one on the new lot.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th May 2020 at 10:53 AM
Gah, after basically demolishing everything, dont worry I had it saved to bin, I was able to find a floor tile that had sunk into the ceiling of the first floor and was not visible from above.
So no more hole in the floor.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Instructor
#7 Old 11th May 2020 at 12:36 PM
Glad you solved it, for future reference you can get rid of it if you place stairs - from the level below to the level with the hole. Just make sure the hole is somewhere in the middle of the stairs' footprint and it forces it to regenerate the grid. You can delete them afterwards.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th May 2020 at 2:19 PM
No, it wasn't a game tile, it was a specialty cc tile. I believe it was mirrored, and I'm not even sure how it got on that lot.
I had tried placing stairs and it kept saying something was in the way.
But we live to build another day.

Instructor
#9 Old 11th May 2020 at 10:17 PM
Huh that's really weird things are always finding new and exciting ways to break. Good thing you managed to get rid of it.