Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#901 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 4:15 PM Last edited by MasterBoy269 : 8th Jan 2016 at 7:29 PM.
Klondike Apocalypse
Update 2.1
Penelope was free for weekend and became pregnant and to my misfortune she needed to give birth at workday,after work.So i sent her and what happened:
Penelope was promoted to City Planner and made a desing of renovated house.House got little expansion and new rooms are Relaxing room,2 Bedrooms,Dinning room and Pet room on roof.After expansion Tracy can't to stop anyone to go to work After work she gave birth to twins Draven and Hermiona.

After promotion Penelope quit to she can to help her sister with babies who need clean diapers every second.Tracy have LW to have 6 Grandchildens so Hellena and Penelope decided to do one more pregnancy before she die,she Penelope first welcomed baby boy Braum,and Hellena welcomed baby girl Caitlyn.

Few hours after Hellena's labour at 6pm Tracy died at age 74.

To fill her place,her grandchild Leon adopted cat Kobe,who got job at pet service.

Family Members:
Harry Klondike-Military lvl10(deceased)
Tracy Klondike-Culinary lvl10(deceased)
Otis the dog-Pet Security-lvl4(deceased)
Hellena Futa(klondike)-Medicine lvl10/quit/
Penelope Klondike-Architecture lvl10/quit/
Alvin Futa-Culinary lvl10/quited/,Business lvl 6
Leon Futa-Teen
Warlyon Klondike(Mennon)-Law lvl6
Henry Futa-Child
Draven Klondike-Child
Hermiona Klondike-Child
Braum Futa-Todler
Caitlyn Futa-Todler
Kobe the cat-Pet service lvl1

If some weird why i have more than 8 sims in house i'm using a mod where i can to have unlimited sims at lot
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#902 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 6:19 PM
Default Draken Apocalypse
I have a questions for Phaenoh

Can spares move in their spouses or just the heirs? I'm sure you went over that. I will also have another look to see for myself. My dilemma is that of the twins, Liberty is the oldest and my legal heir but Justice is married with a kid. I can move people out now. Should Liberty go or Justice?

Restrictions Lifted

HOPELESSNESS, CULINARY, SCIENCE, PET SECURITY, MILITARY, MEDICAL, BUSINESS, and LAW

Bruce Rauscher (husband of Marsala, father of Liberty & Justice) died of fright when awoken by the ghost of the family cat Kim

The twins are both adults now and have started their careers. Liberty is level 5 in Architecture and Justice has just reached level 10 in LAW (LAW LIFTED)

Liberty has a few romantic interests but skilling and work don't leave much playtime. Justice, on the other hand, is married to Shea Johnston with a blonde infant son Esquire Draken.

Shea Johnston (husband of Justice, father of Esquire) is on his 3rd career. He joined the family in the Medical field and quit to pursue Education. He was fired on his first day and now has a job at level 1 Law Enforcement.

Unfortunately Justice's husband is also her mother's 1st boyfriend so there have been some infidelity and trust issues lately. It started innocent enough. Shea was sleeping and Marsala climbed in beside him. Then she rolled over and snuggled him in their sleep. Justice was in the same room and FLIPPED OUT. Then I actually caught Shea and Marsala embracing while they were wide awake

I may have Justice & Shea divorce and have Shea marry Liberty but having another husband for lifting restrictions is a good idea too. I just don't know if the Johnston's can live together anymore. Esquire is still an infant and Justice is furious with her husband.

With LAW lifted, someone has to go!!

Check out my Apocalypse Challenge attempt @ ditzyekko.blogspot.com
Field Researcher
#903 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 6:25 PM
Default Moving In Spouses Question
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Apocalypse Challenge – Realistic Variant

The ONLY Sims that may be moved into the Legacy family’s household are Sims that will directly contribute to the birth of the next generation. (In other words, the spouse of each heir.) After the Law Restriction has been lifted, the ‘spares’ can move out of the house and start their own households to continue unlocking restrictions in tandem.

Soooo. If I have twins and one of them got married and had a child, she is sorta the default heir? I really wanted the other to be the heir. I have just lifted LAW. Can I move out married twin and family or must I move out single twin? To be fair the husband HAS contributed to the next generation (they have a baby)

This may not even be an issue because married twin might divorce and single twin can have the husband...but just in case that doesn't happen.

NOTE: husband has not lifted anything. hes mostly a babysitter.

Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#904 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 7:06 PM
Unfortunately, since you moved him in, she and he need to stay in the Founder house. Because he moved in, that twin is your heir. He can lift a restriction if you want him too, or babysitters are handy. Because you've already lifted Law, the other twin may move out and marry and start her own household (it's actually a sweeter deal for the spares, the Legacy lot tends to look ugly for the longest, and that way your 'favorite' sim gets to have a nicer house, also way less ghosts). She doesn't need to move out, but if it might get a bit crowded there if she has her own kids there too. If she stays, she can't have a husband move in, but she can still have kids and they can unlock restrictions.

I don't think we've ever come across someone needing to divorce in this challenge, but I feel like that ought to be restricted somehow too, ESPECIALLY since they have a kid together. What kind of loser gets a girl knocked up in the middle of the apocalypse and knowingly walks out on his own kid, leaving the two of them to fend for themselves against zombies and who knows what else? If you want some weird twincest threesome going on between the twins and the husband, that's your call, but I don't think the dad should leave. Now, if you really don't want the guy and by some chance he gets eaten by zombies or DIAF or some other terrible accident, well I guess these things happen. The guy moved in, he's there for LIFE.
Forum Resident
#905 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 7:11 PM
UPDATE: Essent Family
CULINARY RESTRICTIONS ARE LIFTED!

Pearl is an elder.
Kennedy is several Sim years younger than Pearl.
Ruby is now a teen.

Shortly before Pearl's becoming an elder a baby son, Gem, was added to the household. Pearl missed no work days and has now reached the top of the culinary career.

Pearl quit her job and, with Ruby's help, is minding the baby.
Kennedy has been called up to join the military.

?? HELP!! I am not sure if it is OK for Kennedy to become employed again after having earlier lost his job in the slacker field - for missing work??

When Pearl became an elder she, at the same time, became unselectable. "Oh no!" thought I "!My game is messed up..not to worry..I've a back up." So, I relaced Prosperity with the latest back up. Pearl remanined unselectable. "Oh, good grief!!" During a rare "light bulb moment" I temporarily removed the rule mods folder and found that for some reason my elder Sim is meant to be uncontrollable.

?? (While Pearl was again selectable, before I put the rule mods back in, I had her quit her job as it is my understanding that Sims may quit but may not retire. Is this correct??)

I have taken care to mind the rules as best as I am able to sort out and understand them. However, I did something that may be a 'rule breaker'. As Sims age up, are born or are brought into the household via marriage I've no say in how they are dressed. This is both distracting and annoying seeing how I must look at them for quite some time and it takes away from the atmosphere when they are dressed in outfits that make no sense for how things are. So, I bought a cheap clothes rack closet thingy; sent Kennedy out to the supply depot ( made for a challenge I created several years ago..) and stocked up on scavanged clothing for all ages that (in my view) is more appropriate for the chalanege theme.
Lab Assistant
#906 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 7:29 PM
Phae,what is code for grey color?
Lab Assistant
#907 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by teafortwo
I did something that may be a 'rule breaker'. As Sims age up, are born or are brought into the household via marriage I've no say in how they are dressed. This is both distracting and annoying seeing how I must look at them for quite some time and it takes away from the atmosphere when they are dressed in outfits that make no sense for how things are. So, I bought a cheap clothes rack closet thingy; sent Kennedy out to the supply depot ( made for a challenge I created several years ago..) and stocked up on scavanged clothing for all ages that (in my view) is more appropriate for the chalanege theme.

i think is that rule broken because that is apocalypse,where you can to buy new outfits?But Phae knows best,I changed Hellena's everyday but i used what i had.(I really don't see a logic in to live with castaway clothing at the winter!)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#908 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 8:21 PM
@teafortwo, Elders are unselectable until you lift Service Animal. Kennedy may get another job, just not in the career track he was fired from (so no Slacker). I find it perfectly fine to do an initial costume change on anyone moving in to a more fitting 'grunge' look, but that is the only reason to use the clothing rack before it's truly allowed. I believe I had said somewhere that one outfit change per was allowed. If I didn't add it into the first posts, it's somewhere in the last 37 pages. o.O Now that you've stocked up, I don't think you should go back again. Like MasterBoy says, use what you have.

@MasterBoy269, what do you mean code for grey color?
Lab Assistant
#909 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 8:34 PM
Grey color for writting there,i need for sims who died
i cant to find colors there,so maybe ypou know code( [/ color ][ color ]
Forum Resident
#910 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 9:03 PM
@Phaenoh, Thank you. Scavenging for clothing was a one time only event :-) Needed to keep my Sims looking as scruffy as possible. They salvaged a few pair of camo pants, work overalls and T-shirts.

Good to know that I did not goof giving Kennedy a job. Having him pulled into the military just made sense. Needs to do his part..

(I will go back look over all of the posts here..to see what else I've missed!)
Lab Assistant
#911 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 12:17 AM Last edited by MasterBoy269 : 9th Jan 2016 at 9:08 AM.
I was reading a rules to remeber them for R2 and by chance i read culinary:Sims may not Give Treats to pets(in grey)
But my sims can to give treats to pets!!!

EDIT:Woopsi forgot to i lifted culinary xD
Lab Assistant
#912 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 1:42 PM
Klondike Apocalypse 2.2
Update 2.2(Ghosty update)

No more todlers for generation 3!!! SO we are ready to welcome generation 4,when i move out half of house.

-Alvin got promotion by chance card to Business Tycon,but anyway thats was so helpful because i really had what to sell(6 refrigerators)
-Warlyon got fired,by bad chace cards(He is really unlucky) so i gave him Inteligence.Of course he got demoted at first day(He got lvl 2)
-Penelope got Law(I dont know is allowed to someone lift 2 careers but i really need Law,4 adults,2 teens and 4 children) and she already prepared a lot of skills and while preparing the skills she got max LTA Meter,so she will be forever in platinum mode
-My dear founder couple are so annoying,they scared everyone multiple times,at morning there was a lot of puddles and kids who sleeping on floor.

That week was so boring,and house was full of ghosts 5 days.

Family Members:
Harry Klondike-Military lvl10(deceased)
Tracy Klondike-Culinary lvl10(deceased)
Otis the dog-Pet Security-lvl4(deceased)
Hellena Futa(klondike)-Medicine lvl10/quit/
Penelope Klondike-Architecture lvl10/quit/,Law lvl2
Alvin Futa-Culinary lvl10/quited/,Business lvl 10
Leon Futa-Teen
Warlyon Klondike(Mennon)-Law lvl6/fired/Inteligence lvl3
Henry Futa-Teen
Draven Klondike-Child
Hermiona Klondike-Child
Braum Futa-Child
Caitlyn Futa-Child
Kobe the cat-Pet service lvl2
Field Researcher
#913 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 4:54 PM
Default Draken Apocalypse - Tesla & Liberty Move Out
RESTRICTIONS LIFTED - HOPELESSNESS, CULINARY, SCIENCE, PET SECURITY, MILITARY, MEDICAL, BUSINESS, LAW

With Law lifted the crowding in the house was eased a bit by having the two single Drakens move out (Tesla & Liberty).

The satellite household is gorgeous. I was able to better design it to meet the challenges of space and large object restrictions. I used only 1 tile items with the exception of the beds, stall toilets, and the oven. The kitchen has a breakfast bar to wall off that area and provide seating. Two easy chairs face the wall where eventually a TV might be displayed and their is a half bath for guests. The upstairs is split into separate rooms. The master bedroom and the child bedroom share a jack and jill bathroom and those doors are locked to guests. The computer is also upstairs in the kid bedroom.

Telsa and Liberty moved out on a Wednesday night taking 50% of the Draken family funds. Liberty rushed into moving in and marrying her longtime boyfriend Sinjin Courdec (spelling?). She is eager to have a child and help her sister's family defeat this challenge. Sinjin (romance, LTW Professional Party Guest) was not thrilled about the idea of settling down and starting a family but Liberty's compound is definitely the cushiest around and he jumped on that train. TO BE CONTINUED....

Liberty was out the door so fast that she missed her nephew's birthday. Esquire was a delightful toddler, as delightful as possible. The nanny made things SOOOO much easier. Both Justice and Shea were promoted once before Esquire's next milestone birthday. It was then that I realized Esquire is the 1st descendant of Max Draken to actually have access to a grandparent and Marsala is the 1st become a grandparent during her lifetime. This is what we have been working toward, improving the quality of life. TO BE CONTINUED after Tesla and Liberty....

Also a fun fact, all the hair colors have been determined by the father. Marsala & Tesla have brown like dad Max. Liberty & Justice have red like dad Bruce. Esquire has blonde like dad Shea. I'd like to see how far this continues. Will Sinjin's kid have brown hair? PROBABLY :P
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#914 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 5:49 PM
Default Sinjin Couderc is a secret blonde
Quote: Originally posted by DitzyEkko
Will Sinjin's kid have brown hair? PROBABLY :P

Well, both of Sinjin's kids are blonde. That was unexpected so I did some digging and of the pictures I could find on MTS of Sinjin's children, they are ALL blonde. So I think he might be a bottle brunette.

Surprise surprise!!

Not an important update but now you know

#justkeepsimming

Field Researcher
#915 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 8:31 PM Last edited by DitzyEkko : 10th Jan 2016 at 11:20 PM.
@Phaenoh

My sister is also playing the challenge and she read these rules and believes that they conflict with my gameplay.

1. Cannot befriend Service Sims - INTELLIGENCE
2. No strangers (non-friends) can enter house - INTELLIGENCE

Does this mean that even with Business unlocked, I cannot hire a nanny (or maid, or exterminator, ...) because I am not and cannot be friends with them?

retired moderator
Original Poster
#916 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MasterBoy269
-Penelope got Law(I dont know is allowed to someone lift 2 careers but i really need Law,4 adults,2 teens and 4 children) and she already prepared a lot of skills and while preparing the skills she got max LTA Meter,so she will be forever in platinum mode

No, if she has already lifted one restriction, she is done and cannot lift another.

Quote: Originally posted by DitzyEkko
My sister is also playing the challenge and she read these rules and believes that they conflict with my gameplay.
1. Cannot befriend Service Sims - INTELLIGENCE
2. No strangers (non-friends) can enter house - INTELLIGENCE
Does this mean that even with Business unlocked, I cannot hire a nanny (or maid, or exterminator, ...) because I am not and cannot be friends with them?

Correct. Background checks are required for all service sims, and without intelligence, they cannot be run, so you can't hire them yet.
Field Researcher
#917 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 8:31 PM
It came to my attention during this round of playing that I was breaking a rule - NO SERVICE SIMS until Intelligence is lifted. I have corrected the mistake and other than extra simoleons, nothing really affected the gameplay.

The changes I had to make were to have a parents home in each household with the young children (instead of the nanny). In Justice's house, she quit her LTW job to stay home while Shea continued to work toward Law Enforcement. In Liberty's home, Sinjin quit his Level 5 Education job so that she could finish up Architecture. Nothing was lifted during that time so I think - no harm, no foul.

RESTRICTIONS LIFTED - HOPELESSNESS, CULINARY, SCIENCE, PET SECURITY, MILITARY, MEDICAL, BUSINESS, LAW, & ARCHITECTURE

In Justice's House

For a while there, Justice was working toward her LTW and had joined the Athletic career. Her husband, Shea, is in Law Enforcement so they were both skilling up their body. Their son, Esquire, also got into the fitness mood and sometimes joined them. It was while both parents were away and they had a stranger looking after elderly Marsala and young Esquire, that Shea realized that having someone in their home while they weren't home was opening them up to the real possibility of danger and invasion He and Justice ( :lovestruc now in love again :lovestruc ) decided to rectify the situation and Justice quit her job to take care of the homestead. Esquire grew up to feel less inclined to marry or be faithful to just one woman (probably in part to his parents' very rocky relationship during his entire childhood). Then at age 82, General Marsala Draken-Rauscher died peacefully and very fullfilled. Marsala is survived by her twin daughters (Liberty Couderc & Justice Draken-Johnson, both 40) and three grandchildren (Esquire Draken and Braxton & Caryatid Couderc)

In Liberty's Household

When Officer Shea Johnston, Liberty's brother-in-law, briefed her on stranger danger she knew changes had to be made. Immediately, Sinjin quit his job to be a stay-at-home dad. Although he married Liberty because she had a cushy house and offered him a sweet easy ride, things didn't pan out that way. Sinjin found himself knee deep in diapers and bottles for about 5 years. No time for romancing at all. Finally the little terrors got old enough to get their own food and find their own beds and Sinjin had time to relax. Then....Liberty was promoted to City Planner and looked to Sinjin to pick up the slack and find a new career. Married life wasn't all he had hoped.

With ARCHITECTURE lifted, I've doubled the size of both houses while working around the large items that can't be moved.

Just keep simming!

Field Researcher
#918 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 7:09 PM
RESTRICTIONS LIFTED - HOPELESSNESS, CULINARY, SCIENCE, PET SECURITY, MILITARY, MEDICAL, BUSINESS, LAW, ARCHITECTURE, & LAW ENFORCEMENT

All the kids are teenagers now and all the parents have jobs.

In Justice's House

Justice has a medical job just to keep her busy & Shea is working toward his LTW of Hall of Famer. Their only child Esquire is a romance sim with a LTW of Rock God but he is filling his time by romancing older townie women. The Drakens also have a new cat who has just started a job in the Service industry.

In Libery's House

Liberty is still in a City Planner and working toward her LTW of earning $100,000. At age 50 she was only halfway there so it is unlikely she will achieve this goal. Sinjin is in the Intelligence career track since he's already burned his bridges with the Education people. Their children, Braxton & Cary, are both working their way through townies trying to find mates.

Not much to report since I've only got one career that I'm working to unlock and the teenagers can't accomplish much.
Screenshots
Attached Images

Field Researcher
#919 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 6:52 PM
Well everyone, my laptop is suffering from random shutdown syndrome, so I don't know if I'll be able to complete the challenge. I've taken it apart and blown out the dust so we will see if that helps.

Keep my laptop in your thoughts

#justkeepsimming

Lab Assistant
#921 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 4:03 PM
Klondike funny fact #1:Penelope Klondike became millionaire on chance card:she got 14 million simloens from chance card!!! xD (that is bug in Interior desing*maybe wrong spelled* actually she needed to get 14k but i will save that for after challenge house xD )

@Phaenoh how to heal my 5 sticky teens?They ate soup for every meal and they are still stick.
Field Researcher
#922 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 4:04 PM
Default Draken Apocalypse - The twins fade
RESTICTIONS LIFTED - HOPELESSNESS, CULINARY, SCIENCE, PET SECURITY, MILITARY, MEDICAL, BUSINESS, LAW, ARCHITECTURE, LAW ENFORCEMENT, PET SERVICE

Unbeknownst to me, the Curious family is still carrying a deadly strain of the Cockroach Sickness and has infected both my families.

I've finally regained control of my elders thanks to new family pet, Roux. So I was able to see how old Liberty & Justice were and help them achieve some of their goals before they passed

JUSTICE'S HOUSE

Esquire is an adult and quickly moved in one of his many loves. He and Renee both work during the week so they will put off having a family. SCRATCH THAT. I have ACR so they made a baby without my permission or knowledge, those little scamps!! Before the baby is born, Justice becomes very ill and even with the help of Grandma's Comfort Soup she succumbs to the illness at age 64. Justice Rauscher Draken-Johnson is survived by her husband Shea 57, her son Esquire 26, her twin sister Liberty Rauscher Couderc 64, and her niece & nephew Cary 20 & Braxton Couderc 21. Because of Justice's hard work the people of her community were able to branch out and move from their family homes to start their own legacies. Then just before work, Renee Andrews-Draken went into labor and delivered a blonde blue-eyed daughter that Esquire named Leslie Knope Draken (given a political name) #parksandrecforever Luckily Grandpa Shea & Esquire have a couple days off but something will have to change or someone will be quitting their job to watch Leslie for the next 5 years.

LIBERTY'S HOUSE

Just one year after Justice's death of the Cockroach Illness, Sinjin lost his battle with the disease. Sinjin Couderc was 52 and is survived by his wife Liberty Rauscher Couderc 65 and their children Braxton 22 & Caryatid 21. Sinjin had devoted most of his adult life to raising his children and had not just achieved the goal of freeing the community from the grips of stranger danger & unsubstantiated fear. He was at level 8 in the Intelligence career track. Just another year down the road and still reeling from the death of their Aunt Justice and their father Sinjin, the Couderc kids lost their mother. Liberty Rauscher Couderc age 66 is survived by her children Braxton 23 & Caryatid 22 and her nephew Esquire Draken 28. Braxton easily decides that he does not want to marry and put any of his own children through such turmoil and heartache. His sister Cary feels exactly the opposite and sees the power of love in her parents' decision to bring forth new life. Cary eventually meets a nice man who shares her hope for the future and moves him in. Cary & Gary Walton look forward to their children and their lasting legacy.

retired moderator
Original Poster
#923 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MasterBoy269
How to heal my 5 sticky teens?They ate soup for every meal and they are still stick.
Sick sims need to stay in bed. Have them sleep as much as they can, and when they aren't tired, have them relax on the bed until they are well again.
Lab Assistant
#924 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 1:21 PM
And there Penelope go,23 millions more

She earned over 37 millions for her household
Lab Assistant
#925 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 2:12 PM
@Phaenoh you didnt gane for ne and @DitzyEkko a bronze medal(Bronze Apox Survivor) but we finished 1st chapter!!!
Page 37 of 43