Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#276 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 7:59 PM
Hi!
I have a problem. When my sims get promoted a box with the new jobdescription and so doesn't pop up. The sim just gets promoted without any notice. Everything else works perfekt and if you check what your sims work with you can read everything there. What am I doing wrong?
Thank you for a absolutley amazing tutorial!
//Nimoemo
I've uploaded the career....
Advertisement
Test Subject
#277 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 10:10 PM
I have a very similar problem. I get the you have been promoted box, but it doesn't say what I have been promoted to or the new working hours. All it says is

" You have been promoted to!

Your now make $200 and earned a bonus of $400."

What can I do to fix this.

By the way, thanks superfly, for all the time you spend helping us.

*Everything changes. The only thing that does not change, is the fact that everything changes."
Test Subject
#278 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 1:54 AM
help i cant download the instructions to the custum carreer thingy
Part-time Hermit
#279 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 4:49 AM
Which version are you trying to download, PDF or DOC? I recommend trying again, but if it still doesn't work, give me your email address and I'll send it to you.
Test Subject
#280 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 11:10 PM
Help I Cant Download
Part-time Hermit
#281 Old 22nd Sep 2006 at 4:49 AM
ratboyKJS, please, read and answer my question in the post before yours so that we can help you.
Lab Assistant
#282 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 4:25 PM
thanks for the great tutorial.
it's a pity that it hasn't been updated for the ofb SimPE yet.
if i would use an older SimPE version (before 0.56) though, could i still make custom careers with this guide which would then work also with ofb and all following expansions and so on?
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#283 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 5:32 PM
cleaner, if you used an older version of SimPE you could still make careers EP compatible, so long as you follow the EP updating guide (found here- http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=147886)

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Lab Assistant
#284 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 7:38 PM
thanks superfly
Test Subject
#285 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 2:46 AM Last edited by Vassili : 1st Dec 2006 at 2:53 AM.
I were reading the guide, it's really detailed, but i have some questions.
What's the SimPE??

I have the original game + OFB exp + NL exp + Pets exp, but not the university expansion, is it any diference?

I have the game installed in spanish, is there any detail for the job making?
Test Subject
#286 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 5:20 AM
Default I cant get the guild to come up?
It keeps coming up wierd i looks like this

Rar! ϐs
Œt€€B ð , <ðŸÅ„25" Career_Creation_Procedure_0_05.docçÐ Üú†2ÄW™yQ„6 ÿb+ÕãÌ™‰Ì8Íìâ“®˜å6jÙ(Ež†¦Lˆ›cºùÆâúîÎ8EUÕ¸rÙ\‰:°ˆ³ˆ3Wq037êçVn C,„\v› ë!’†ú,AW¦•B;ÎéãK`Íi.‹ŽÜû‚¹v ƒ*ÏgØ`6¢¯¦'mç}c[å<` ëÓ*r~…ÑËŠ‰ß”/` Ý"“Â̽/¾'ÍÑ¡Ý¢OWô–)DÉ]

wats wrong?
Part-time Hermit
#287 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 7:15 AM
Do you have a rar extractor? If so, try redownloading the file, sometimes they get corrupted during download.
Test Subject
#288 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 6:36 AM
Ok I have figured out how to make a career and am doing really well with them but I have a few questions reguarding teen/elder careers and one about uni.

1. How do I link a teen career to an adult so that when the teen turns to adult it automatically gets the adult version? Or is this not possible.
2. I've never had an elder get a job in game so I don't know how they work, sorry if this should be known, but my question is the same as the teen only in reverse. Can I make it so that the Elder gets it's version after having the adult carrer?
And the last question is:
3. How can I make a career link to a major at Uni. Like the fame major, how can I link a career I make to it?

Thank you for your help! I'm learning a lot just by reading all of this!

Chami
"When at first I appear I seem delirious, When explained I'm nothing serious."
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#289 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 1:26 PM
1) See here- http://www.modthesims2.com/member/s...ad.php?t=114163
2) Adults do not automatically go into their retirement jobs, so adult and elder careers cannot be linked (teen/ elder careers are the same file, and the file only permits you to promote a teen to their adult job).
3) I don't know this one- I'd consult whiterider if I were you.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Test Subject
#290 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 4:12 AM
Ah Thank you Superfly. I thought I had read through all the tuts but must have missed yours that you linked me too! By the way thanks so much for your others they've all been very helpful!

Chami
"When at first I appear I seem delirious, When explained I'm nothing serious."
Forum Resident
#291 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 11:20 PM
Overall it's well-written. but I can't seem even to create a template. Maybe it's because I'm unfamiliar with SimPE. (version 0.58.2) It took me an hour or so just to find the box marked "Group Filter" (it's in the Window tab on the top toolbar) Under the File tab, there's no \Extract All. This is a bit frustrating
Test Subject
#292 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 11:02 AM
Hi! I have the same problem as JasonDuskey, I can't create a template. It youst says "System memory failure" or something like that. Is there anywhere I can download a template?
Test Subject
#293 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 11:40 AM
Default I know
Ehm I can't seem to find the map Sims2 root\TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package,
Am i just really stupid or can someone please help me?
Lab Assistant
#294 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 10:01 PM
Hey, I got stuck in one thing... when I extracted the job and tried to open the .xml file, a little annoying window appeared, and said this: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
Can somebody help me on this one?

NOTE: nelson_ts2fan_loco is not my name anymore
my real name is Nel
N-E-L
Thank you for your attention
Lab Assistant
#295 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 5:45 PM
Erg, I already ran into a problem while creating a template. XD; I extracted the files, blahblah and then it says to open the package.xml, but when I try to open it, SimPE gives me this message:

Exception of type
'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

What the heck is that?

Oh, nelson_ts2fan_loco appears to have the same problem.
Test Subject
#296 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 3:44 PM Last edited by Tigger : 9th Apr 2007 at 4:10 PM.
Hey there,

Your exception error appears to be an issue with not having the SP2 installed from Microsoft. Apparently, it is a system memory problem that occurs. If you require more information, you can read the forum threads for it that I found at a Microsoft.MySQLServer forum found here:
[url]http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=372940&SiteID=1&PageID=1[/url

I am reading all the custom career tuts that I can find, I am having issues with Seasons being installed and using a base career to work with. After a short while, I finally did mange to download this tut. I am compelled to not only thank you for the intense details that are included, but also to compliment you for the hours, upon hours, of writing that you have done for this. Being that I am a tut writer myself and also get paid to work in code from home, I am really impressed with your complete dedication to this 63 page tut. Thank you very much.
Lab Assistant
#297 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 10:32 PM
Okay, Tigger, I checked on google for downloads of SP2 and it turned out that my PC already has it installed. Also, from what I read from "krj" in your link, he said that 'MS has an issue (32-bit) with memory management on SQL 2K5 with larger BI migrations from SQL 2K OLAP'. Now, to be honest, I don't have much of a clue for what he said; but the only thing I understood, was that he didn't get much of a follow-up road after his conclusion.
Somebody answered him, saying that 'The fix for OutOfMemoryException is only part of SP2 (for SQL Development Studio connecting to AS2005 server with large database(s)).'
He later gave a brief solution for this problem, and he wrote that the fix he's giving will come on SP2. So far, regarding to my PC, that fix might've slipped or something, because I have SP2 and the 'OutOfMemoryException' problem...the only thing I got is that SQL Management Studio is giving that problem, and I'm sure it's still giving it. Supposedly, the SQL problem would be fixed with the coming of SP2, but apparently it didn't.

Thanks, Tigger, you just gave me the details; now I need the fix.
Bye, and good luck :D
____ Nel ____

NOTE: nelson_ts2fan_loco is not my name anymore
my real name is Nel
N-E-L
Thank you for your attention
Test Subject
#298 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 11:08 PM
Do you have to have the university exp to create custom careers? if anyone can help see any info to my mailbox

~TJ~
Test Subject
#299 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 4:04 AM
Umm... please,i'm new to this things and my computer really really hate rar files. But i want to finish up with my custom career... um.... is it possible to have it in zip file???
Test Subject
#300 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 1:22 PM
I'm sorry, but i am really here, and i have NO IDEA how to make a career...sorry, but can som1 help me? :\
Page 12 of 14