Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 3:55 PM
Default Objects in pre build lots not in catalog.
There's a fence in the wolfe house that doesn't exist in the catalogs. Has anyone else found any other objects in the game like this?
Advertisement
Duck Defender
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 4:02 PM
Use the eyedropper tool on it to select it, and then see where in the fences category it's in.

It'll have a little white outline around it.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Redeemed Life
Use the eyedropper tool on it to select it, and then see where in the fences category it's in.

It'll have a little white outline around it.

lol...I should be working too! Thank God I work at a computer so I can secretly read about the sims...he he he
Scholar
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 5:41 PM
The fence on the deck at the Wolfe house is unselectable. If you look closely you'll see it is a match to one of the stair railings.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Instructor
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:14 PM
Oh it must have been placed using a cheat then.... ooohhhhhhhh

Need to find out what cheat and how...
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:49 PM
Or (call me cynical), it was in the game once but was taken out to be sold separately at the EA store.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Caupi
Or (call me cynical), it was in the game once but was taken out to be sold separately at the EA store.
Most likely.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arcadus
Most likely.

Then doesn't it technically exist in game (it wouldn't load if that mesh wasn't there) - and could be somehow unlocked by modders rather than buying it in store?

Given, there's no "unlock" feature I can think of, but the 3d shape of the mesh must be in the game files and it could possibly be extracted and made available.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 10:01 PM
I seem to remember quite a few objects in sims2 that had to be "found" by modders before they were useable
Scholar
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 12:13 AM
There were many wall,floor, etc options in Sims2 that were marked "not in catalogue" so they wouldn't show up in build/buy. This fence may have been marked the same way for some reason at some point, and then forgotten. It would be a simple matter of switching the catalog flag, with the exception that S3 content is bundeled...oddly... to say the least.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.