Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#251 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
I don't know what you're talking about. Banana nut muffins are better than potatoes, potatoes are better than all other muffins besides banana nut. Muffins and potatoes are both better than Sims 3, although Sims 3 is better than Virtual Villagers. Sims 2 is better than muffins, potatoes and Sims 3 but margaritas are better than them all. Trufax.

That's not the point...
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#252 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 4:22 PM
I think it's boring because so much of the neighborhood consists of rabbit holes, which makes there nothing to do or watch. Additionally, the EP's have so many bugs, it's ridiculous. I'm one of many players (not most; just many) that's gonna boycott buying EP's and SP's till EA realizes their sales are down and actually start fixing bugs.

ENTJ
Theorist
#253 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gillystar45
That's not the point...
Sorry for the confusion, gilly. I realize that my post isn't your point of view but since I disagree that you can't compare something as similar as two video games I don't think you can fault me for not repeating your argument in my post.
Top Secret Researcher
#254 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzetter
Can I start a poll? I thought only the admins could do that. I think it'd be interesting to see where people stand on TS3 at this time, don't you?

Of course I do, that's why I asked you. I had no idea only Admins could start a poll, though.
Field Researcher
#255 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 2:08 AM
I think both are fun in their own ways. I love the beauty in the Sims 3 though. I often catch myself looking at reflections in the water, plants blowing in the wind, sunset in the distance :lovestruc

I once thought i was sad because I had no shoes, then I saw a man with no feet.
Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Alchemist
#256 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clynnc19
I think both are fun in their own ways. I love the beauty in the Sims 3 though. I often catch myself looking at reflections in the water, plants blowing in the wind, sunset in the distance :lovestruc

My favorite thing to do is send one of my athletic sims on a long jog, center the camera on her and just enjoy the scenery. It's interesting seeing parts of my different worlds that I never see otherwise.
Mad Poster
#257 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 5:41 PM
Having open neighborhoods is one of the best features in Sims 3. Sims 2 does have it charms, and it's good points, but the focus is on one lot at any one time. That always bugged me, was very happy when Apartment Life came out, then I could make mini neighborhood lots and watch the interactions with the neighbors.

Posters before me I totally agree with. My sim is a writer and while she write books, I tend to go around the world, seeing the scenery, taking in the actions the NPCs are doing, and what the neighbors are doing in their homes. Love how the town is alive and the scenery is so doggone beautiful.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#258 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 1:18 PM
When people talk about beauty and realism, well one they are realistic, and two people have made sliders to adjust the weight, so its no longer a issue, and people have made pretty skins and stuff so you can have sims that are just as pretty as those we have in sims 2.
Theorist
#259 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 10:04 PM
You guys resurrected a year + old thread?!?!?! Really?!?!?!

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Alchemist
#260 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre

It's the topic that won't go away..... Until Sims 4 is released
#261 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
It's the topic that won't go away..... Until Sims 4 is released

and we can't even kill it with fire! Boooooooooooooooooo! *shakes fist*
Lab Assistant
#262 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 4:16 PM
I don't know if someone has already said this, but I am not prepared to go through 4 pages. :D

Sims 3 was never going to be perfect. If it was, that would probably be the last game. They obviously have to save things for future games.
Mad Poster
#263 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre

I know. I can't believe this argument is still raging on. I didn't like sims 3; I love sims 2, so that's what I play. To each his own, right? Hasn't that always been the draw of the sims. My game is my game, your game is yours. We play our way.

By this point most people have chosen a game to play and are sticking to it. The people who love sims 3 have cogent arguments to support their allegiance. Sims 2 players have different arguments to support their loyalty. It's okay to have different opinions.

I think at this point we would all be better off designing a fantasy sims 4 game, combining the things we love in 2 and 3 and adding what we have always wanted to see in the next version. Who knows maybe someone from Eaxis will get a clue.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#264 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 6:35 PM
MOTHER OF FUCK, WHY?!

Are the 'WARNING: this thread hasn't had a reply for [number] months' messages invisible now?!
Page 11 of 11